Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Most Epic Movie News To Date Imo

stevencolbear

So I happened to stumble upon this gem last night at work and couldn't believe what I was reading. For anybody who may not have a clue why I would care about such news I would suggest investing in a seat belt and watching the movies "The Raid" and "The Raid 2". If JJ Abrams doesn't utilize that kind of talent properly he may as well just find another job....

If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle em with truthiness

This could be really good or really bad. 

The Raid movies are kinda extreme, when it comes to fighting scenes, but mostly hand to hand (as far as i remember) and very much Asian fighting style inspired.

If the guys are just as good with swords (read lightsabers), and can do something that doesn't look like a Bruce Lee movie, then they could come out with some pretty amazing fighting scenes.

143R3yh.gif

the Raid was fun...ain't seen the second one yet...

but Donnie Yen > all, imo....

Well, rumor circulating around a 3rd raid movie suggests Tony Jaa to be included which could be an actiongasm if it's true

tony jaa in his first movie was indeed impressive as hell...in fact...he has impressed me with everything i've seen him in ...the one with the elephants was most funtime, imo...

but the Ip Man flicks put Donnie over the top...even past his role in Iron Monkey....

i've got some small xp in this realm, but it does come down to taste for the most part....technical value is mostly lost on the majority of viewers

EDIT: got rid of the multiple post for ya...

Edited by Doc Gonzo

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

tony jaa in his first movie was indeed impressive as hell...in fact...he has impressed me with everything i've seen him in ...the one with the elephants was most funtime, imo...

but the Ip Man flicks put Donnie over the top...even past his role in Iron Monkey....

i've got some small xp in this realm, but it does come down to taste for the most part....technical value is mostly lost on the majority of viewers

I own IP man and while I can appreciate that movie in itself our opinions of that comparison of the raid movies to it are going to differ quite a bit  ;) . Just saying the raid movies are in a league of their own with a style that is a nice change for cinema for once

Loved the first raid, no desire to see the remake, and I think JJ Abrams is a hack director who tailors his movies to box office, like Diet Michael Bay.

The second was no "remake" I would highly suggest watching it. The added bonus to the second one is more story line and actors, even without voice over availabilty one is sorely missing out in not watching it if they can appreciate action. And as far as Abrams goes refer to first post  :P

Edited by stevencolbear

I own IP man and while I can appreciate that movie in itself our opinions of that comparison of the raid movies to it are going to differ quite a bit  ;) . Just saying the raid movies are in a league of their own with a style that is a nice change for cinema for once

the choreographer has a lot to do with what you are talking about, as does the Director...both MUCH more than the Actor

that being said...i was speaking purely on behalf of the Actor's ability/talent/martial arts

Sifu Lee was a GREAT actor, a hell of an Athlete, and an innovator in martial arts itself....but the case can be made that outside of the philosophical jump Lee introduced with Jeet Kune Do, his top student, Dan Inosanto...was by far the greater fighter/martial artist

so in this case, all i'm saying is that , to me...Donnie Yen is the top martial arts Actor right now...Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung are just getting a bit too olde, as is Jet Li....all three are still great due to their dedication and great gobs of Talent...but to me, Yen is da MAN right now...

i'll freely admit i no longer watch movies as much as i used to, so i could be missing some new kids on the block

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

the choreographer has a lot to do with what you are talking about, as does the Director...both MUCH more than the Actor

that being said...i was speaking purely on behalf of the Actor's ability/talent/martial arts

Sifu Lee was a GREAT actor, a hell of an Athlete, and an innovator in martial arts itself....but the case can be made that outside of the philosophical jump Lee introduced with Jeet Kune Do, his top student, Dan Inosanto...was by far the greater fighter/martial artist

so in this case, all i'm saying is that , to me...Donnie Yen is the top martial arts Actor right now...Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung are just getting a bit too olde, as is Jet Li....all three are still great due to their dedication and great gobs of Talent...but to me, Yen is da MAN right now...

i'll freely admit i no longer watch movies as much as i used to, so i could be missing some new kids on the block

Couldn't agree more about the first sentence but as far as the actors go we're comparing 2 completely different styles. I am of the opinion that the style (silat) presented in the raid movies is one I would prefer for subjective reasons. Here is a decent quick read on comparisons. I certainly won't deny that either comparisons are great athletes in their own right and acting (especially in the second raid movie) was actually pretty decent but back to the subject of the OP, if these actors/athletes can actually get their talents properly displayed with light sabors in hand, it should make for an epic fight scene even WITH a PG13 rating. That will DEFINITELY be a point I will be watching for in EP7

custard J.J. Abrams. Piece of custard poorly made socks mother custarder ruined custard Star Trek. Stupid son of a gripe I custard hate that piece of poorly made socks. Star Wars is gonna be poorly made socks just like custard Star Trek was. Stupid %+@!$#?&*^ unpleasant person poorly made socks mothercustarder.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

custard J.J. Abrams. Piece of custard poorly made socks mother custard ruined custard Star Trek. Stupid son of a bugger I custard hate that piece of poorly made socks. Star Wars is gonna be poorly made socks just like custard Star Trek was. Stupid BEES?! unpleasant person poorly made socks mothercustard.

tell us how you really feel

custard J.J. Abrams. Piece of custard poorly made socks mother custard ruined custard Star Trek. Stupid son of a bugger I custard hate that piece of poorly made socks. Star Wars is gonna be poorly made socks just like custard Star Trek was. Stupid BEES?! unpleasant person poorly made socks mothercustard.

I'm hungry now...

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

The second was no "remake" I would highly suggest watching it. The added bonus to the second one is more story line and actors, even without voice over availabilty one is sorely missing out in not watching it if they can appreciate action. And as far as Abrams goes refer to first post  :P

I meant the American version, lol, sorry for the confusion.  Yeah, the second one was amazing too!

I actually agree with CYT?

Well..  it was nice knowing everyone.  *Grabs his Mossberg.*

Speaking of Yen, chan etc...

yall can Netflix ong bak 1,2,and 3. along with ip man 1 and 2 and the other young ip movie and the grandmaster old ip.

so here are a cpl good ones that ya might have missed

flashpoint: Donny yen...final fight scene is awesome

War of arrows: not a kung fu...but real good Korean movie

Muay thai warrior: story is ok...but the fighting is great.

special ID: yen again

13 assassins: trust me its good

Bang Rajan: great battles

Myn Bala: great battle scenes

Hara kiri death of a samuri: great story

Edited by hillbilly

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

decided  to fire up Netflix and ended up watching cat run2

cheesy b action movie...but the part when the add subtitles to the coonass from new Orleans was freaken funny.

Edited by hillbilly

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg