Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think pet's would add a whole new element to Crowfall. Think of all the pet's they could add, wolfs, bears, dogs, birds etc. Also think of what they could do, Hunt, Carry some items, Be a partner in combat, and who wouldn't want to play fetch? Leave suggestions if you have them, I just thought this would be cool to have in game.

I would love a pet/mount combination. I wish an MMO could just do something like Cubeworld (weird comparison) but have it so animals are animals, but can be trained to do different things via attributes. So let's say I have a lion, I train it, and then I get a list of skills, one if it's skills might be "ridable" where it then can become a mount, another might be "melee attack" where it can physically fight in combat along side me. Plus depending on the animal some might have different abilities. So maybe a mule might have a "carrying" ability so it can carry wagons, but the lion might not. But this could be a trade off since the mule couldn't get the attack ability.

Cosmetic pets, yeah. Or ones that pick up loot. Not a fan of combat pets, I don't think I've ever seen them done well.

I have always loved the idea of a specialized pet class. I just haven't felt like any of the previous attempts have really left an impact.

If you put too much emphasis on the pet, you have to take away skills from the person leaving them vulnerable if the pet is unable to do any damage to your target. If you put too much emphasis on the person, the pet becomes ineffective fluff.

I would love to see some out of the box thinking to freshen up the idea. I don't have any examples myself, unfortunately.

Hmm... How about put the emphasis on the pet, and then you control the pet instead of it being AI. AI then puts your character in self preservation mode. You can switch freely back and forth between the pet and your actual character. I think this would make for some interesting dynamic combat if playing both the pet and the character are viable options. Effectively having to manage two characters at once.

Has there been a game that has tried something like that?

Just be prepared when your pet gets the Hunger and tries to eat you during a PvP battle.

or ya know, if you get hungry too...

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

I am a fan of pet classes, but I am in agreement that I have not seen too many done well.  As for cosmetic pets, I enjoy them and think they are a fun vanity item. But mainly when they are rewards and not micro transactions.  Just my opinion.

I don't think that 'pets' as a whole should be included. but I do think that you should be able to domesticate animal. like domesticate cows for milk or get blood hounds to hunt down the previous owner of an item. but all in all an animal that follows you around and is just as immortal as you is silly I think that you should be able to kill domesticated animals. you could even have people that develop the skills to catch and train animals.

Battle pets in other games typically (not always) end up being a bit useless in one way or another. Certainly not in all cases but enough to turn me off to them a bit. Cosmetic pets would be pretty cool though and maybe if they could offer other perks it would give them other uses than just looking nice. But I don't think I'd want one with me in combat. 

I definitely hope there is some Archetype or Discipline that will use battle pets.  I may or may not be that class, but I love pet classes.  Whether they're temporary pets (Theurgist from DAoC) or permanent summon pets (Druid from DAoC) or pets have permanent death (taming in UO)...  I would definitely like something.

(I think you could rez. your pet in UO if your veterinary skill was high enough?  But I honestly don't remember.)