Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aeroch

wp/sbg dev ppl

GordonWalton's post the other day got me curious about how the people behind Shadowbane felt about the game.

idk any of you well enough to ask privately, but i've always wanted to hear your thoughts on SB's shutdown, the state it was in at shutdown, your thoughts & reflections on SB as a whole, what was good and what was bad about the game, any lore that hasn't been released but you would like to release now plz, any plans there might have been for the future of SB, etc. if any of you are in a nostalgic mood i'm sure others in the community would love to read your thoughts as well

you all created a terrific world for us to enjoy, and in the process spawned one of the worst internet gaming communities ever, so this is also a post to say thx for the memories and the years of fun.  

edit: first it was 400x50 sigs, now they can only have one color font? wth

NFC 4 LYFE / KNIGHTS OF SILVERMOON / LEGACY OF BRUTALITY / CULT OF THE HY'PHY / THE REPTILIANS

nUWOFCL.png

one problem with sb is the cognitive dissonance of the population that thinks they're just so hardcore pvpers but actually whiny bitches that couldn't actually handle a game with consequences and freedom

see: every post complaining about cn despite the chinese playing the game basically entirely how it was designed and meant to be played. zerging is a valid tactic and if you can't win at a numerical disadvantage either get better, get more dudes, or lose your city. also every server war that was started by every guild that 'doesn't care about pixels' but started calling in help hwen the time came

see: every post complaining about cn despite the chinese playing the game basically entirely how it was designed and meant to be played. zerging is a valid tactic and if you can't win at a numerical disadvantage either get better, get more dudes, or lose your city. also every server war that was started by every guild that 'doesn't care about pixels' but started calling in help hwen the time came

True but not particularly healthy for a game. The hypocrisy of the SB community is well known though. No one likes to lose/lose repeatedly. 

C4sIZDW.gif

i played sb since 2007 and if anything mourning had less of a zerg issue because of our commitment to role playing, lore compliant charters, and superior skill (having to compete with lore restrictions that ARAC children [like urself] prob couldn't handle...)

i played sb since 2007 and if anything mourning had less of a zerg issue because of our commitment to role playing, lore compliant charters, and superior skill (having to compete with lore restrictions that ARAC children [like urself] prob couldn't handle...)

lol...

'07...

i know you.....

rilly? "lore restirctions"???? yeah there were some....and a few who did it well in spite of self imposed restrictions, or playstyle...not me of course, i am terribad and die often...but still

you are seriously going with this post, or did my leg just come off in your hand from all the pulling....i just can't tell...

/facepalm

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Wait, so you played on a server where CN never had a tree (if they did, not for long) and you're going to tell me that in '07 (lmao) you knew how to handle the CN zerg? If you didn't fight the CN zerg, how can you comment on how easy it is to fight a zerg you never fought?

Just because you fought an 18 man "zerg" with your 10 players because you spoke a pretend language with pretend cartoons that you were way into and want to say I'm a child?

Wait, so you played on a server where CN never had a tree (if they did, not for long) and you're going to tell me that in '07 (lmao) you knew how to handle the CN zerg? If you didn't fight the CN zerg, how can you comment on how easy it is to fight a zerg you never fought?

Just because you fought an 18 man "zerg" with your 10 players because you spoke a pretend language with pretend cartoons that you were way into and want to say I'm a child?

Yeah Kickit I love how people that never fought on the wrong side of 300 v 50 for 3 months, and won most of them, tell us how to do it.

hmmm it looks like there will be a lot of carebear nkoths (newbs) to cry for dev help to save them when they lack the skill to save themselves

Great stuff. It would be great if this new game had a ton of community based influencec as well. A lot of us from the SB community have been playing since before release and have tons of input about the nuances and missing pieces that could have made SB better than it ever was. I'm looking forward to CF's evolution.

3322tkw.jpg

Did they just make this subforum area? I swear it wasn't here the other day... Hmmm, I could probably write a book about Shadowbane. Considering the weekend is just around the corner, I just might, lol!

Anything in particular you're wondering?

Sean aka Ashen Temper | http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Without the Player, there is no Game!

If you guys find this stuff interesting, I'll post more random trivia again some other time... but right now I need to get back to making Crowfall.

Thanks!  Yea, I enjoy reading that stuff.  I look forward to more random SB trivia in the future!

IhhQKY6.gif