Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aeroch

wp/sbg dev ppl

Yes he did. There was a longer reason but essentially it came down to he disagreed with the attempted genocide (killing all the Elves) and thought it the only way to stop the war. Also, he (Caeric) never died.

Which did also point out that Malorn was a bit of a liar... which isn't a newsflash since most figured out the Temple of the Cleansing Flame wasn't really powered by the All-Father but another fiery "god".

I have quite a few of our old lore docs. I should probably throw some of it up on my site because, truth be told, it's sad to no longer see it get read. In fact, rummaging through some of my old folders, I found the History of Aerynth and The Master Timeline of the Five Great Ages. It's about 40 pages just between those two...

If you do post it on your site you might want to make the announcement in the General Forum because there is a few Wizard 101 players that have taken an interest in the lore of Shadowbane and have been reading what they can through the old Mordkessel Morloch Wiki.

More important question:

Why did you let Ubi shut down the server? Could you simply relocate the server and charge SB community monthly fee to keep the servers up and running?

see: every post complaining about cn despite the chinese playing the game basically entirely how it was designed and meant to be played. zerging is a valid tactic and if you can't win at a numerical disadvantage either get better, get more dudes, or lose your city. also every server war that was started by every guild that 'doesn't care about pixels' but started calling in help hwen the time came

My problem isn't that they've got more dudes, it's that they're unwilling to play politics. In a sandbox pvp mmo founded on player-driven everything politics are a driving force helping to prevent server stagnation and maintaining player-investment in the game which contributes to population stability.

2eyfm20.jpg

My problem isn't that they've got more dudes, it's that they're unwilling to play politics. In a sandbox pvp mmo founded on player-driven everything politics are a driving force helping to prevent server stagnation and maintaining player-investment in the game which contributes to population stability.

This is not true, you can say that they zerged but not that they didn't want to play politics. I can show you some example of when we did things that changed the maps of the game without need to use a single banestone (that's is called politc)

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

This is not true, you can say that they zerged but not that they didn't want to play politics. I can show you some example of when we did things that changed the maps of the game without need to use a single banestone (that's is called politc)

When was the last time you fought each other? 2005 when you were playing on a server populated by more than 80% PacRim players (and thus had no choice but to fight one another or just pve for days)?

2eyfm20.jpg

When was the last time you fought each other? 2005 when you were playing on a server populated by more than 80% PacRim players (and thus had no choice but to fight one another or just pve for days)?

On Malog some months before the game was closed down but your post was speaing about politic and i can tell you that we did (I did )

Edited by cappaspada

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

On Malog some months before the game was closed down but your post was speaing about politic and i can tell you that we did (I did )

The only politics you know how to play is "who isn't asian?" No other demographic does that like you do. You openly refuse to fight anyone from the east coast of Asia. That's not politics, it's Regionalism, and it's boring as all hell.

2eyfm20.jpg

The only politics you know how to play is "who isn't asian?" No other demographic does that like you do. You openly refuse to fight anyone from the east coast of Asia. That's not politics, it's Regionalism, and it's boring as all hell.

Politic is something different imo but i'm not going to argue with you about something that is an old story. I have no idea about what happened on the emu (i'm not playing since the end of the official servers) but since when i started playing in the summer of 2006 we (Arirang) never had any other option other than play togheter with chinese guild. Maybe that was right because Arirang did mistakes before but there weren't any other way to play than be allied with chinese , either zerg or be zerged like when we bought 2 cities on Wrath in early 2007 ( and we were alone there, no chinese in that moment they went to the server 1 or 2 months later) and we got zerged by the whole server, I remember very well those banes, we were 50 vs 150 and after the banes we got against us tons of racial slur in SDR (for the guys that are saying that you guys aren't racist)

Obviously i  could have played with other guild like i was doing on Wrath before Arirang went there but why?

They helped me when i started playing the game they were really friendly to me even if we had lots of problems understanding each other because the language barrier and i don't like your idea to have them blocked and i hope that i will be able to play with them here if they want

Edited by cappaspada

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

CN never played in separate guilds, they always stick together.

CN never played in separate guilds, they always stick together.

This is wrong again, there were some chinese guilds that were playing with Odb on Thurin but still the fact that chinese guild are togheter don't mean that they aren't doing politic just mean that they are doing a politic that you don't like

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

There are already several threads that discuss the history of shadowbane according to the players. Would definitely like to keep the banter off of this thread so the developers, new and old, continue to give us insight into the game we loved.

Come on. Just one thread to be civil on. Just one.

don't get me wrong i want separate na and pacific servers in an sb-style ruleset but zerging (by whomever) is perfectly fine and when i see people in the suggestion forums talk about wanting stats to scale when outnumbered i'm smdh wondering why sb ppl whine about everything. 

Edited by madro

don't get me wrong i understand why people (incl me) want na and pacific servers but zerging (by whomever) is and should be a valid tactic and i see people in the suggestion forums talk about wanting stats to scale when outnumbered and i'm smdh wondering why sb ppl whine about everything.

Screw that jive. If you can't compete because your opponent did something legal that you had no answer for you deserve to lose. NA/EU players are perfectly capable of zerging if they valued their pixels over entertainment but they don't make a habit of it like CN does because political grievances accumulated over the last 10+ years cause those zergs to quickly fracture into smaller component parts. CN doesn't do that, they just all name their toons "lsdakfjohn kr" and habitually band together in groups of 3-6 to kill solo NA/EU players. It's pathetic and boring.

2eyfm20.jpg

I feel that since Entropy (and the shutdown of the Pac-Rim servers) there has been this negative connotation with all of CN's playerbase. Those of us who rode Entropy to it's death, had nothing but dislike for CN due to them zerging the ever loving **** out of every single engagement, whether it was for a rune, for ***** and giggles, 3 man leveling groups and/or banes. Since then, it's been pretty much the same thing on every other live server (post pac-rim shutdown), as well as SBEMU and MB. It also doesn't help that every CN nation (including Arirang, although they are Korean) will nutcup at the sight of an even numbered fight, therefore continually reinforcing said negative connotation.

Tis an awful cycle.

3322tkw.jpg

Very good reading, thank you Todd,

// also, ppl cut the politics crap going on on every thread, keep it on topic please so moderators wont lock it

Would be great. It's already been said had this topic met derailment and if continued, they wouldn't bother. Not that often you get developer Q&A on the forums in a game. Even less often you get it for a dead game on another game's forums.

How come you guys never fixed non viable discipline runes like Animator, Conjurer ? They were useless for a long time

Both of those had to do with pets and, as anyone who's played SB can attest to, our "pet AI" left something to be desired. Unfortunately, pet AI was low on the list of priorities of things to fix when compared to things that affected a lot more players. When I took over design, I had a few concepts I was working on that turned them from Pet Disciplines to something quite different... but never had a chance to actually do it before I left.

More important question:

Why did you let Ubi shut down the server? Could you simply relocate the server and charge SB community monthly fee to keep the servers up and running?

At that time, Ubisoft owned the intellectual rights. Meaning legally we just could not (although we did offer it to them). I think there were some other studios interested in the IP at the time and that is why (but that is just conjecture on my part).

Sean aka Ashen Temper | http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Without the Player, there is no Game!

Game isn't dead though. There are 2 projects that keep shadowbane alive and i believe ex-SBG/Wolfpack guys know about them

It is sad Ubisoft sold the game to other company, from there on it pretty much went into oblivion, these other guys never re-released shadowbane or made a game similar to shadowbane

Edited by evald