Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aeroch

wp/sbg dev ppl

Truth be told, I was sad to see the rolling trebs get removed in place of their stationary kin. Especially back before there was a War Tent when you essentially had to get the Treb in your city and walk it over to the enemies city.

I agree. If I remember correctly this was changed prior to the great pet beta build. So much pet. So much lag.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

I agree. If I remember correctly this was changed prior to the great pet beta build. So much pet. So much lag.

Yeah, for creatures that were pretty simple (and I mean that in many ways), they sure did cause a lot of performance issues. But still, was great to see an army leading their Trebs over land to lay siege to another city.

Edited by ashentemper

Sean aka Ashen Temper | http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Without the Player, there is no Game!

Ashen be Community Manager so we can collectively try to shorten your life again!

Funny but true, managing a community of 6.5 million Information Technology (IT) professionals... much less stressful than managing a 500,000 gamer community!

Funny but true, managing a community of 6.5 million Information Technology (IT) professionals... much less stressful than managing a 500,000 gamer community!

Which was worse SWTOR or SB?

nAd1VPD.png

My favorite memories of SB include a day where the devs were going to wipe the test server and decided to let everyone get insta-leveled up to 100 (yes, 100).  Trains were free, and so was equipment.  And someone (Ashen I believe) was 7 flight tiers tall at the end of it.

Dragging the Skydancer dropper from his zone in the eastern desert all the way to Khar and letting the guards kill him for me.  

People trying to drag Vranaxxas to the safehold.  Mass destruction!

And the long flight to newbie island just to say you did it.

Please let us have some of this wacky fun at the end of this beta before go-live?  Yes, we expect bugs like the perma-aggro and LoS issues, but we know they'll get 'em straightened out.

Lots more red tape with SWTOR. That made it increasingly frustrating.

With that said, the SB community is down right hostile in comparison.

Edited by conspiracy theorist

It is my duty to cleanse this land of the unworthy. It is my goal to make this world burn. Your tainted flesh shall kindle the flames.

smf_banner_copy4_copy.jpg

Lots more red tape with SWTOR. That made it increasingly frustrating.

With that said, the SB community is down right hostile in comparison.

Oooh yeah. You got suckered into moding there didn't you!

nAd1VPD.png

Which was worse SWTOR or SB?

Wow, that is a hard comparison. To be fair, I enjoyed both communities. A lot. SB obviously was a little more bloodthirsty but, ironically, I think also more fair to people who played the game (once they were veterans, that is). Early on, SWTOR was great but it started getting to a threshold where it was so big, it started to fragment into cliques. You could easily draw lines between those there for Star Wars, those there for an MMO, and those there for a BioWare RPG. And while there is some overlap between them, not as much as you might expect.

To answer your question... can't really say because it wasn't apples to apples. If I had the opportunity to go do them both again, I would. But I'd also do them a bit differently :)

Ashen be Community Manager so we can collectively try to shorten your life again!

My funny/snarky reply aside, some day I do plan on getting back into the game industry. I don't know if it will be as a CM or Designer (I enjoy both), but my original goal was to wait till my daughter is in college since then I'd have more free time to dedicate to my obse... err, job. My aspiration is still to do my spiritual predecessor to SB (some of you use to follow my War of the Gods idea) but I may not have to if Crowfall is close enough to it ;)

Madro, you were playing before 2007, ya n00b!

Every player in the game gives me a quest:
Quest: Kill me.

Reward: All my stuff.

I always wondered who the Dev was that abandoned his Dev town during Throne of Oblivion beta. One day while tooling around on my Mage Assassin I came along a Dev town and it was listed as being abandoned so I claimed it and took the 10 mil off the tree...

Never knew which one it was but I swear he got revenge on me and slipped something into the code because after that mobs would run out of the zones, through our entire group running by just to attack me.

Edited by gauis

I always wondered who the Dev was that abandoned his Dev town during Throne of Oblivion beta. One day while tooling around on my Mage Assassin I came along a Dev town and it was listed as being abandoned so I claimed it and took the 10 mil off the tree...

Never knew which one it was but I swear he got revenge on me and slipped something into the code because after that mobs would run out of the zones, through our entire group running by just to attack me.

I believe mob aggro order was determined by a random unique character code that was assigned to you at creation.  At least that is what I was told.  

nAd1VPD.png

Madro, you were playing before 2007, ya n00b!

I've been thinking this for awhile.  I remember Madro, and I stopped in '06ish.  Soooo... yeah. 

I believe mob aggro order was determined by a random unique character code that was assigned to you at creation.  At least that is what I was told.  

I had heard something like that too. Never heard any confirmation on that and I really hope it wasn't the case either.

Agro has always been... finicky. It was really bad on the sbemu server for a while. I am not sure if they ever smoothed that out at all. They loved to attack rogues and anyone healed at all.

C4sIZDW.gif

The thing was...we weren't in the zone, we were running up the the east side of Big Elves and there was space for a full group to run between us and the edge of the zone. We got about a quarter of the way up the zone and 4 mobs come running out, by pass everyone else to hit me at the back outer edge of the formation. You don't want to imagine want it was like in the Zones... I would automatically pull aggro off lvl 75 druids just by standing next to them (I was 75 too) and not do anything. Hell I could pull mobs from multiple camps just by running near them. This happened on all my toons not just the one I used to gank the gold.

Worked great on my Cent Prelate to drag mobs to locks and druids for leveling/farming secession's, not so good when out pking.

Edited by gauis

I've always thought mobs had something personal against me too. This may explain it. I sense a conspiracy against me.

It is my duty to cleanse this land of the unworthy. It is my goal to make this world burn. Your tainted flesh shall kindle the flames.

smf_banner_copy4_copy.jpg

I've always thought mobs had something personal against me too. This may explain it. I sense a conspiracy against me.

The thing was after ToO went live it started happening on the live servers and Sogath got a kick out it. He saw it happen in the Beta and I joined his Guild on live and went with them to the Wrath server. Next thing you know it is happening there and he is laughing his ass off in Vent.