Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

$1 Million, 10,000 Backers, Time For Bonus Rewards!

Nice mounts, love the clydesdale looking warhorse.

I just kind of wish mounts weren't "summoned."

Rather they stay in the world unless you have them stored at a stable (in cities) or at your house if you have room for them.

Out in the world, especially when it comes to pvp, it just seems strange to have people summoning mounts, then you get into the whole issue with "can you summon in combat? Can mounts be killed? When can you de-summon them? etc etc.

PVP wise I was hoping mounts would be killable.

If mounts weren't summoned then it solves soooooo many issues with them and allows them to be used in a more meaningful way, not to mention putting your mount in danger has more dire consequences vs the normal "summonable" mountst hat are eternal and have 0 risk.

Holy poorly made socks, those rewards! Hype train + increased pledge levels from existing backers.

Choo Choooooooooo!!!!

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

They always give just enough information to get hyped, but not enough to actually undestand if the mounts are EK only, or if you can actually spawn mounts in the campaigns.

This will be my own personal opinion, but since they have put both mounts and caravans in the same goal, I would assume you can use both in the campaigns aswell. But that might be totally wrong.

Dang, had this information been published before, I definitely would've upped my backer level to the early bird gold, for that sweet Nightmare mount. Bummer.

aS52sKM.jpg

I doubt that they would have specified the Eternal Kingdoms if they were just spirit horses conjured for use in Campaigns, hence I read their use being restricted to EK's. I reserve the right to be wrong though :P

Granted, we can't know for certain until a dev says something. But look at the concept art: it's clearly cold, as the warhorse's breath is fogging. The grass is also dying, which makes me think the image is during Fall on a dying world. Definitely doesn't look like the EK in my opinion.

Granted, we can't know for certain until a dev says something. But look at the concept art: it's clearly cold, as the warhorse's breath is fogging. The grass is also dying, which makes me think the image is during Fall on a dying world. Definitely doesn't look like the EK in my opinion.

Or that could just be for dramatic effect. Couldn't really imagine a Nightmare prancing around in a nice tropical setting like a blissful unicorn. They're much more metal than that.

It is a rather awesome picture though! Props to the artist who created it.

Edited by M0rdred

Dang, had this information been published before, I definitely would've upped my backer level to the early bird gold, for that sweet Nightmare mount. Bummer.

you can still upgrade your pledge

They always give just enough information to get hyped, but not enough to actually undestand if the mounts are EK only, or if you can actually spawn mounts in the campaigns.

This will be my own personal opinion, but since they have put both mounts and caravans in the same goal, I would assume you can use both in the campaigns aswell. But that might be totally wrong.

"conjure Spirit mounts from the Eternal Kingdoms"

That seems reasonably clear.  If you are summoning them from the EK, you are probably summoning them to the Campaign worlds.

IhhQKY6.gif

That's actually a good question. I had assumed you could use them in campaigns, but re-reading it it seems like maybe just the in the EK.

There are sometimes openings in the early backer pledges, when someone upgrades. Saw one for Early Bird Amber today.

Like many of the things in the game, the mount-figurines are probably going to be usable in SOME campaigns. Just like equipment - some will let you start with anything you can take with you, some will only let you have limited equipment, and some will drop you in with nothing more than a loincloth and a smile.

you can still upgrade your pledge

No, the early bird Golds are all gone -- only normal gold tiers remain. If someone changes their tier and opens a spot, I could grab it.

aS52sKM.jpg

"conjure Spirit mounts from the Eternal Kingdoms"

That seems reasonably clear.  If you are summoning them from the EK, you are probably summoning them to the Campaign worlds.

Yes that's how I would interpret it also, but could be that he just worded it wrongly, could be either way really imo.

Member of The BlackHand Order

No, the early bird Golds are all gone -- only normal gold tiers remain. If someone changes their tier and opens a spot, I could grab it.

Why wouldn't you just go for silver?

Great announcement, not really enthusiastic with the idea of spirit mounts from the Eternal Kingdom though... Feels like it's stripping them of a lot of depth an substance.

I'd be happier if we were given an icon or whistle which called them to you and remained with you indefinitely, to care for and maintain. At the very least, they could gallop in from the distance like Epona.

Please deepen the feature. And I guess I'll get silver, cause hell horse OP lol.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P