Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

$1 Million, 10,000 Backers, Time For Bonus Rewards!

Why wouldn't you just go for silver?

Now that it's my only option available, I certainly could -- absolutely. But my point is, if you're tracking with me, that instead of getting the silver for $130, I would have easily jumped an additional $20 to get the early bird gold at $150. And that's what I would've done, that's all I'm saying.

aS52sKM.jpg

Looks like I was wrong (woohoo!) 

- They aren't pay to win.  

- Yes, you can use them in Campaign, but they are still subject to import rules (like any other item),

- Yes, you can get other figurine mounts in the game (they can be crafted),

- No, they aren't permanent.

We'll add a mount FAQ soon.  

(...must... resist... temptation to say "hold your horses." )

Todd

ACE

Now that it's my only option available, I certainly could -- absolutely. But my point is, if you're tracking with me, that instead of getting the silver for $130, I would have easily jumped an additional $20 to get the early bird gold at $150. And that's what I would've done, that's all I'm saying.

I'm wondering if they'll open up some "last minute" backing slots (kind of like early birds) during that last 48 hours to help push the stretch goals. I can see how that would be very beneficial!

forum-sig-anim30.gif

Well, it's not your only option. You can still go gold for $175.

That's good news regarding the mounts, but I was hoping mounts would be killable, drawn from the population of animals in a campaign world and possibly allowing for Archetype utility in some way. This may still be the case even with figuring-style mounts, but it's doubtful, which sucks.

Looks like I was wrong (woohoo!) 

Well, it's not your only option. You can still go gold for $175.

The entire point of the early bird price tiers is to nudge people to go a tiny bit higher than they otherwise might have. I am not someone with a disposable income such that I'd go in at $175. However, I am someone that could go in around ~$125 or so, if it's appealing enough. And when there's that extra twenty dollar nudge to bump up to Gold tier for an early bird, and the benefits are appealing enough, then I'd make the bump whereas I otherwise wouldn't have.

It's not like we need to have this multi-post conversation about it. I know the options. It just seems like you're being unnecessarily oppositional. I merely said the simple point: "Dang, had these mounts been revealed earlier, I definitely would've grabbed an early bird Gold slot." But no, the silver slot didn't have quite the same allure, and the normal-priced gold slot is out of my budget. Not that difficult.

aS52sKM.jpg

The entire point of the early bird price tiers is to nudge people to go a tiny bit higher than they otherwise might have. I am not someone with a disposable income such that I'd go in at $175. However, I am someone that could go in around ~$125 or so, if it's appealing enough. And when there's that extra twenty dollar nudge to bump up to Gold tier for an early bird, and the benefits are appealing enough, then I'd make the bump whereas I otherwise wouldn't have.

It's not like we need to have this multi-post conversation about it. I know the options. It just seems like you're being unnecessarily oppositional. I merely said the simple point: "Dang, had these mounts been revealed earlier, I definitely would've grabbed an early bird Gold slot." But no, the silver slot didn't have quite the same allure, and the normal-priced gold slot is out of my budget. Not that difficult.

So you should probably just go silver.

B)

Am I right to think that we won't be able to kill mounts in Crowfall because It refers to figurines instead of skins? :(

I highly doubt they'll give away goodies that people can lose in a split-second.

Edit: Nvm, there's already a post about this. Some clarification would be nice though.

Edited by timetraveler

Gratz guys, you deserve it.

With any given luck we can at least get to $1.3 mil before this is done, as it seems to have slowed down quite a great deal.

I was a little worried we wouldn't get out lovely lady centaurs. Probably going to be my first character as it is an experience I have yet to have.

Love it!   The nightmare horse especially will look great with the Lantern Watch motif.  Even better if there's a blue fire variant ;).

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com