Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

$1 Million, 10,000 Backers, Time For Bonus Rewards!

Just to confirm here, are these figurines going to be the actual mounts? As in you're selling in-game items for the backer rewards? Or are they just skins for a mount you have to have earned in-game first?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.

- Nietzsche

Just to confirm here, are these figurines going to be the actual mounts? As in you're selling in-game items for the backer rewards? Or are they just skins for a mount you have to have earned in-game first?

Actual mounts, but they are "not permanent" (quoting from Todd). 

- They aren't pay to win.  

- Yes, you can use them in Campaign, but they are still subject to import rules (like any other item),

- Yes, you can get other figurine mounts in the game (they can be crafted),

- No, they aren't permanent.

We'll add a mount FAQ soon.  

(...must... resist... temptation to say "hold your horses." )

Todd

ACE

Edited by M0rdred

Well, here is your answer: as soon as we hit that next stretch goal, we're going to add -- for no additional cost to our new or existing backers -- MOUNT FIGURINE rewards to the following tiers:

These figurines are inventory items which allow you to conjure Spirit mounts from the Eternal Kingdoms -- and turn them back into figurines, when not in use.

Remember, each higher pledge level inherits the previous rewards -- so a Silver backer (and every level above Silver) will get a Quarterhorse, a Warhorse AND a Nightmare figurine!

Todd

ACE

Wait...so you mean if we pledged Silver or higher during the Early Bird Kickstarter campaign...we're going to get all of that?

I just want to clarify because it's such a custard pie and pudding awesome gift, that I don't want to misread and get my hopes up.

If I am comprehending correctly...I...I just...I have no words. Thank you.

Oh, I just thought of something rather glaring.

So say we do get to 1.3million and unlock mounts, and some of us get the nightmare mount or whatever.

If your character is a centaur or lady centaur, then this reward doesn't actually help you much because you probably can't have a mount as a centaur.

(that kind of mounting is not what I'm thinking of)

Seems like centaurs kinda get the short end of the stick on that one.

So say we do get to 1.3million and unlock mounts, and some of us get the nightmare mount or whatever.

If your character is a centaur or lady centaur, then this reward doesn't actually help you much because you probably can't have a mount as a centaur.

Are you really going to have only one character? :P  With Eternal Kingdom material being account-based, I'm sure that a lot of people are going to have separate characters for different campaign types, and I'll bet 100 (in-game) pounds of iron that there will be "New Character Only" campaigns.

Congratulations Team. I just saw this news as I crawled out of bed at midday. I got the kickstarter email saying you'd reached  ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!

ONE    MILLION  DOLLARS!!!

This is really only just the beginning.

- Manaia

Grats to ACE and the ever growing Crowfall Community! Awesome news!

“Most men either compromise or drop their greatest talents and start running after, what they perceive to be, a more reasonable success, and somewhere in between they end up with a discontented settlement. Safety is indeed stability, but it is not progression.” ― Criss Jami, Killosophy

I don't think it matters, players can role at least 3 characters, I don't need everything to be universal to be happy, that's just one of the consequences of having unique content.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I don't think it matters, players can role at least 3 characters, I don't need everything to be universal to be happy, that's just one of the consequences of having unique content.

True I suppose, would be nice if centaurs got something, like an alt skin perhaps.

Woohoo! I knew we'd hit the first stretch goal in no time, which I am personally very happy about, since I've been wanting to play a female legionnaire as my main from the beginning. Of course I want the effects to look good too. Now, on to mounts and caravans! It's just too bad I won't be able to ride one of those sweet mounts with my legionnaire character, but at least I can help guard a caravan or something. Great idea, giving out incentives like this. gratz as usual.

Edited by emralled

peastravaganza%20dos_zps4q178jpn.png

No one seems excited about the All-Father statue.  

When 12,000 other people all have the same exclusive statue as me, it doesn't feel very exclusive.

IhhQKY6.gif

Now that it's my only option available, I certainly could -- absolutely. But my point is, if you're tracking with me, that instead of getting the silver for $130, I would have easily jumped an additional $20 to get the early bird gold at $150. And that's what I would've done, that's all I'm saying.

So, I'm not sure this helps, but when they open PayPal tomorrow, they will also offer Early Bird levels again for two days.  The reason I'm not sure it helps is that I think they are charging for shipping in the new offers (at least for some countries), so the total will still be higher than the $150 KS Gold.  But if you pledged on Kickstarter and think that the PayPal offers tomorrow are better for you, you can reduce or eliminate your KS pledge and do PP instead.