Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

$1 Million, 10,000 Backers, Time For Bonus Rewards!

Gordon has repeatedly asked that if you backed on KS to leave your backing on KS.  They don't want the KS to drop because they opened paypal.  

From: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/3332-paypal-coming-particularly-for-our-european-customers/

Please do not change your pledge from KS to Paypal!!

I guess they should put incentives for people to keep their pledges on Kickstarter... A small reward on KS that isn't available on PayPal.

I guess they should put incentives for people to keep their pledges on Kickstarter... A small reward on KS that isn't available on PayPal.

Nah, I don't think so.  They are only doing the paypal for the EU people who are unable to back.  It should be the same on each - and I agree with the stretch goal for paypal.  I think they'll hit the 165k without anyone swapping.  I could be wrong, but I doubt it.  People just need to leave their pledges where they are.  Staying on KS for the people who can is beneficial because from what I understand the pledge amount on paypal will be greater to account for shipping.  :)

Nah, I don't think so.  They are only doing the paypal for the EU people who are unable to back.  It should be the same on each - and I agree with the stretch goal for paypal.  I think they'll hit the 165k without anyone swapping.  I could be wrong, but I doubt it.  People just need to leave their pledges where they are.  Staying on KS for the people who can is beneficial because from what I understand the pledge amount on paypal will be greater to account for shipping.   :)

They're only doing the PayPal to ease the process for EU people, yes. That's why I propose to have an incentive on Kickstarter for EU who already pledged there with their credit card so they don't all go with debit / other types of payment on PayPal.

I guess that the shipping cost is something that could help. Additionally, a little incentive to retain EU backers on Kickstarter could be great too.

You don't think that paying LESS for the same thing will keep them on KS? 

For rewards with shipping cost, yes.

Rewards with shipping fee : Amber and Sapphire.

Edited by courant101

They're only doing the PayPal to ease the process for EU people, yes. That's why I propose to have an incentive on Kickstarter for EU who already pledged there with their credit card so they don't all go with debit / other types of payment on PayPal.

I guess that the shipping cost is something that could help. Additionally, a little incentive to retain EU backers on Kickstarter could be great too.

Shipping cost for Eu in KS is 10 $ in Paypal is 25$ and another incentive is the Vat that will be added to prices in Paypal (between 15 % and 27 %)

Edited by cappaspada

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

You don't think that paying LESS for the same thing will keep them on KS? 

Shipping cost for Eu in KS is 10 $ in Paypal is 25$ and another incentive is the Vat that will be added to prices in Paypal (between 15 % and 27 %)

You guys were right, I misunderstood the announcement concerning PayPal : "Pricing will be in USD but converted to your local currency.  Shipping for the Collectors Edition box, on packages Amber and higher will be an additional $25 USD, converted.  And of course your local taxes will be added to the purchase price."

Edited by courant101

You guys were right, I misunderstood the announcement concerning PayPal : "Pricing will be in USD but converted to your local currency.  Shipping for the Collectors Edition box, on packages Amber and higher will be an additional $25 USD, converted.  And of course your local taxes will be added to the purchase price."

In fact.

They said we get 2 days of full early bird stuff.

That means for Amber Tier:

215 Dollar +25 Dollar+ 19% Tax for me= 285,6 Dollar converted to euros its about 257 Euro atm.

So for everyone screaming "Buuh Paypal gets it cheaper on masses." do your math. It will cost us a bit more in the end, regarding how high vat taxes are.

I wanted to go normal amber .. but knowing the high tax, i will go for early amber on paypal. To not go that overboard.

250+25+19%=327 dollar. That would be 67 Dollar more then the Kickstarter one then. (Shippment KS 10 Dollar taken out).

But for people lacking Credit Cards that is at least one way to get to it ...

I would have been wiling to pay even the 327 Dollar, but the tax in my country is just greedy ..

So glad we get a bonus,

kind of disappointed they can only be used in EK though.

Hope us early birds get more and more benefits as we progress.

Untitled-2_zps6jqbdkgi.png

Every step of the way of the Kickstarter there has been some sort of pleasant surprise around each corner. So far I am thoroughly impressed by your methods. Keep it up! 

Oh and the crazy amount of communication is by far still one of the best things I have seen to date from a game developer. Many cannot share or act the way you all do, and the difference is very stark to say the least.

I'm not an idiot, I simply choose not to think.

2CdBx2L.png