Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IshotMarvin

Thoughts On Mount-Summoning Figurines

At this point I think if ACE announces "We're gonna go get pizza", someone will insist that pizza is some kind of P2W perk.

So long as I can buy extra garlic bread slots, then I am cool with that.

For me at least, the statue is meh, but the horses are cool, especially the Nightmare one. So let's get another $300,000! I know we can. This game deserves it.

You haven't even seen the statue man, it could be badass.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

This thread is for clarification on the new mounts for backers (if/when we get to 1.3 mil).

We get figurines that we can use to summon a special horse from the EK, anytime we want to. Does this mean our mount isn't able to be killed or taken? (If thats in the game)

Or can we only use it in the EK?

What makes these not p2w mounts?

Please answer these, so that there aren't 100 other threads about this in the next day. Thank you!

As long as the same feature (not the unique skins) is available by in-game mechanics, it's not p2w.

here's a theory:

your EK can have a stable. your actual mount is in that stable.

They said that you will be able tot ravel between your EK and campaign freely.

So you have to care for your mount in the EK to be able to summon it in the campaign.

in the campaign the mount appears in an ethereal form, similar to UO:

etherealmounts.jpg

These ethereal forms can be killed/dispelled just like any other mount.

Instead of having to buy a new mount from a stable, you can refresh charges on your statue.

or something like that, just spitballin here

Edited by freeze

Is it possible that these are just skins?

Meaning you have your mount summoned, and then you use the figurine to summon the spirit of another animal(the skin) to attach itself to your current mount.

Its possbile, but since they are saying its individual figurines for every mount on the KS, I kinda doubt it.

But I hope they will consider having a master figurine, since carrying around 10 figuriends just to have a selection of mounts is kinda pointless.

- They aren't pay to win.  

- Yes, you can use them in Campaign, but they are still subject to import rules (like any other item),

- Yes, you can get other figurine mounts in the game (they can be crafted),

- No, they aren't permanent.

We'll add a mount FAQ soon.  

(...must... resist... temptation to say "hold your horses." )

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

- Yes, you can use them in Campaign, but they are still subject to import rules (like any other item),

Todd

ACE

Thanks. I think the word "soon" gives many people (at least Darkfall players like me) some minor PTSD symptoms, though. I will try and wait patiently.

Edited by Mytherceria

Todd

ACE

The 'No, they aren't permanent.' is interesting. I wonder if that means they have a cooldown, run out after a certain amount of time riding, or just have limited uses.

Thanks Todd!  <insert crying about being able to lose my KS reward mount here>

A bit more thought...my main points are these:

• Mounts should require some effort to acquire or maintain
  • Mounts should provide advantages in most (but probably not all) encounters
  • There should be a way to interrupt and remove the advantaged someone gains by using a mount
  • That interrupt/removal should last for a significant amount of time and require some expenditure of effort or resources by the player to regain their mount (or use of it)

*proceeds to hold horses*

Todd

ACE

Not permanent? A bold but good move. Permanent in EK but subject to normal mount import rules in campaign? That seems most likely to me.

The 'No, they aren't permanent.' is interesting. I wonder if that means they have a cooldown, run out after a certain amount of time riding, or just have limited uses.

Probably they're just gonna die when people kills them. Like it should be.

In that case pledgers will have a small 'advantage' in the first moments of a campaign before their mount gets killed and then they have to craft them like normal people. :P

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Probable means the figurine you use to summon a mount is an actual inventory item. Meaning it can decay or be looted by another player.

Probably they're just gonna die when people kills them. Like it should be.

In that case pledgers will have a small 'advantage' in the first moments of a campaign before their mount gets killed and then they have to craft them like normal people. :P

I don't think they should just be one kill and gone. Maybe have them use the decay mechanic like gear where each death takes away durability. Also have a cooldown or have to go to a stable and pay to resurrect them, provided it still has durability left.

It is also possible (I hope) that these are merely mechanisms to make mount importing work within the same system as other imports (in the inventory) and that once summoned they can not be unsummoned, must be cared for, etc.

Thus, you can tame mounts within a campaign in a normal manner, but you can convert a living thing to a figurine with addition resources/skills in case you want to take them to your EK, import them in to new campaigns, or provide a risky oneshot advantage of having a pocket mount that can be looted.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"