Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ubermonkey

Which Was Your Favorite Dupe/exploit?

One of my favorites, for some reason as it wasn't the best of the bunch but you would take what you could get, was a simple gold exploit on noob island. There was a vendor which sold, I believe, a cloth piece which it would sell for maybe 2k gold and buy back for around double. A proper macro to buy until inventory was filled then sell back made for quick profit.

One of my favorite dupes, which I put a few days into, was the one that involved deleting a character, remaking with the same name, trading inventory to it, pledging hamlets, droping tags, pleding back, trading back, and disconnect the internet connection for a few minutes. Log back in with 2 sets of items, one on each character.

Also for funsies, on the last live Emu, I had a level 20 bow character macro farming Risens on noob island. A screen recognition macro to search for the correct name of the mob along with some infinite loops and conditionals would net around 10M a day. Safezone farming, I was so proud. My buddy took my initial script and also coded in subroutines which when whispered certain keywords would turn from farm mode to PL mode, disregarding looting for faster xp and move camps when of appropriate level. He even made it so that it would reconnect after a server reboot/disconnect and run him back to the camp to keep it going.

I can keep going through the many that I knew. Which were yours?

Or4vDvn.png

Exploiting behind rocks.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Jesus. I just mastered AGC and this guy is auto-leveling full groups from one spawn to the other.

Dude: the chinese would macro lizardmen (<r1) on noob land, collect the gold, and never junk. I can see how they did it with a screen capture macro now, but why? The gold gain would be no where near the 10mil you you claim.

One of my favorite dupes, which I put a few days into, was the one that involved deleting a character, remaking with the same name, trading inventory to it, pledging hamlets, droping tags, pleding back, trading back, and disconnect the internet connection for a few minutes. Log back in with 2 sets of items, one on each character.

That one was so bizarre.  I'd love to have been a fly on the wall to watch the first person figure it out.  I'm guessing it was stumbled upon by chance, and even then, it probably took some keen observation skills to figure it how to reproduce it.

IhhQKY6.gif

Jesus. I just mastered AGC and this guy is auto-leveling full groups from one spawn to the other.

Dude: the chinese would macro lizardmen (<r1) on noob land, collect the gold, and never junk. I can see how they did it with a screen capture macro now, but why? The gold gain would be no where near the 10mil you you claim.

They were far less efficient in their macros. For some reason I've always had the ability to work really hard so that I would then not have to work hard at all. There were a number of time I would see them casting a mage bolt every few seconds and would clear out the camp with my archer only to see them tab target to an npc in town and run away, never to return. I found that oddly satisfying.

Or4vDvn.png

Well the ones they had on MB were efficient. People would drag other mobs into the camp and the character would only attack to the lizardman and serpents. Fast too. I'd leave a character there to watch them while I did something else. Never junked. Never targeted a NPC by accident. Lizard. Swing. Loot. All it ever did. I tried farming lizardmen myself for 15 mins and never got Anything substantial for gold. Think it was like 10k? Even doing it all day, that's only 960k. Sure, over 10 toons that's great. But a lot of work when 10mil could be done in other ways.

That one was so bizarre.  I'd love to have been a fly on the wall to watch the first person figure it out.  I'm guessing it was stumbled upon by chance, and even then, it probably took some keen observation skills to figure it how to reproduce it.

Stumbled upon and unaware on how to replicate it. It came to me and a few others in CR soon after because for some reason we became known for that sort of thing. Not sure why. I think Bojangles and I fleshed it out in a day or two.

I can still remember one night midbane. The server was lagging worse than it ever had. We couldn't figure it out. Then, just for poops and giggles, we asked Shadey in vent to turn off his dupes. After a few seconds he said, "Oh, sorry. I turned them off. How's that?" The lag instantly cleared.

Or4vDvn.png

i couldn't be bothered duping...but there was always someone in Guild who did...so gold was not an issue on Mourning, as most know...

but i did have a fav Exploit

the cloth vendor just outside the walls of King's Cross sold a plain old Mage hood with nothing on it, when Throne of Oblivion was released, they never flagged the Hood to not work with Nephilim

soOOOoOOoo... my first Neph was a Mage/Assassin, bought the hood , used Mundane Eidolon to look like a human and put the hood on, then went out to Pk

the hate tells when my "human" flew up into the air were glorious, i reported the exploit that day...but they NEVER fixed it

even better than the "OMG you haXXor"!! tells was when someone would report me...only once did i show the Trick to a CCR.....he laughed

good times, indeed

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Lol someone involved with QFT says they couldn't be bothered duping...

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

The only one I ever actually did myself was at one point you could kill yourself and never res, server restart and you had dupe items.  I cant remember exactly how it was done off the top of my head but I think it involved putting your stuff in the bank then dying and leaving yourself dead, logged on til server restart....

Edited by Vydel

sibcrowfall.png

Lol someone involved with QFT says they couldn't be bothered duping...

yep, never needed to

in OPP we had Degen...that meant all the gold/gear you ever asked for was right there for you

in QFT, i never had any "personal" property...you got handed what you needed for a spec toon, and you got your gold for training out of your pocket...either leveling up or whatever

if it was my own candy toon, it got outfitted on my own dime, or i asked around...

so yeah...even tho i never personally duped, i got all the advantages of duped stuff...so i am as much to blame as anyone else

and i agree, duping helped cause a lot of harm to Mourning overall...but it all worked out in the end, cuz by then everyone had it figured out so gold wasn't a factor and the economy adjusted price wise

would i rather there hadn't been any dupe.....yep

would i have like for them to have fixed it before or instead of shutting down Mourning.....hells yeah.....

hope that helps

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Likely story.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Farming under lizzy temple with my druid.

Also behind a rock at the ettin village. Funny story is, was doing it one time, Mindworm popped up, teleported us where we died. I was spouting expletives in Nation chat, and then lost connection. I was banned. Got on MSN to talk to a...well high ranking member of the WP team at the time, who unbanned me. Never saw Mindworm again.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

custard Mindworm.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Never duped myself either, but I'm not going to say I didn't use the tons of FC/resources I was given when my guild I was running at the time, made our Mourning run.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~