Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ubermonkey

Which Was Your Favorite Dupe/exploit?

I have no hatred of QFT, just a killer sense of humour and despite popular opinion, an unsore butt.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I never witnessed duping in QFT.  I also had full FC jewelry and resource gear on my 65 con elf scout that was handed to me.  Why would I question where it came from?

My favorite exploit was walking through walls during banes. If you toggled walk/run and repeatedly clicked the ground inside a corner tower you'd eventually lag underneath it and if in walk mode you'd pop out on top of the wall.

I sent recordings to SBG but I don't think they ever fixed it.

On Vindication during the CN server war they had an island fortress up on ice.  Bane was a pain in the ass but for some reason they didn't use a no summon spire.  I hopped on my prelate (we were church at the time) walked through both sets of their walls on the opposite side of the bane and started looking for a human priest to start a summon chain inside.

Most forces were engaged at the bane and MM was in the process of summoning back in so I sent Caliman (he was on a human priest) tells to drop tags and take my summon.  It took about 10 minutes of arguing in chat before he would believe I wasn't using the bane to noob fish him.  I tag him (lore server fun), summon him, and he proceeds to chain all of MM inside the CN city, wiping them, drop the spires, and the alliance proceeds to win the bane from the inside destroying CN's last tree on the server.

Would do it again.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Its still possible to walk through wallsnat then corner tower.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I never witnessed duping in QFT.  I also had full FC jewelry and resource gear on my 65 con elf scout that was handed to me.  Why would I question where it came from?

Haha Hef outfitted a nation and ultimately a server in full sets of FC gear

Numerous LoS exploits, most notably the druid under the floor in the towers in Northern Battleground.  Druid transform and fly to the point of the tower and log off while flying.  Log back in and walk to the center of the tower.  Set macro for AoEs.  Summon in looters for guild. Could PL full group from level 15 to 75 overnight. Never needed duping, just active looters.  

"Safe" leveling after newbie island.  Mobs on the edge of Bastion would take you to decent levels if you were stuck being solo.

And finally, before they fixed aggro on some of the mobs - trailing the R8 back to mainland safehold and watching the fun.

My favorite exploit was walking through walls during banes. If you toggled walk/run and repeatedly clicked the ground inside a corner tower you'd eventually lag underneath it and if in walk mode you'd pop out on top of the wall.

I sent recordings to SBG but I don't think they ever fixed it.

On Vindication during the CN server war they had an island fortress up on ice.  Bane was a pain in the bottom but for some reason they didn't use a no summon spire.  I hopped on my prelate (we were church at the time) walked through both sets of their walls on the opposite side of the bane and started looking for a human priest to start a summon chain inside.

Most forces were engaged at the bane and MM was in the process of summoning back in so I sent Caliman (he was on a human priest) tells to drop tags and take my summon.  It took about 10 minutes of arguing in chat before he would believe I wasn't using the bane to noob fish him.  I tag him (lore server fun), summon him, and he proceeds to chain all of MM inside the CN city, wiping them, drop the spires, and the alliance proceeds to win the bane from the inside destroying CN's last tree on the server.

Would do it again.

If the FC gear didn't give you unlimited stamina then it was a waste giving it to you. ~_o

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

One of the funniest ones was this current wipe on MB where CN had a city with 12 shrines in it. They lost their mind when the devs deleted the 9 that were over the limit. Swore up one side and down the other that they didn't know. They nerd raged hard on the forums. Only time they've really ever done it.

My favorite that I used on live was exploiting the fact that Claim Mine didn't have a second LoS check. I was naturally good at ninjaing mines from people but this made me pretty much impossible to stop.

Basically you could queue up a summon, and back when run speed buffs stacked, a ranger in wolf form with sprint and run chant up would run at max speed even in prospecting stance. So I timed it so I would run in, start the claim and be gone and I never appeared on the screen for those at the mine because of the delay on models loading for you as they were running at you. Since there was no second line of sight check, you could claim the mine this way from literally anywhere in the world.

Mostly used this against the asians on Wrath but there is a video of me doing it on test server right after I had figured it out. It was fixed pretty quickly because I reported it but it was a lot of fun while it worked. So many confused people.

I also liked the exploit where you could roll robes with negative stats, like negative durability, and sell it back for more than it was to roll it. After having  a macro do this for a while, it would cause your game to crash out. So I added a piece of the macro that relaunched the game and logged me back in to start it all over again. Was actually one of the more clever macros I made.

C4sIZDW.gif

My favorite was a totally cosmetic bug I used to win a bane against a guild that could have easily won it. (It was test, so the numbers were small on both sides)

There was, for a long-ass time, a bug that would make your character appear to teleport forward if you changed gear while running. Your character would actually be where they were supposed to, but to everyone else, you'd look like you were fifty feet ahead or whatever.

So, during a bane, I talked heavy poorly made socks and told the defenders that they may as well just log off, because they were going to lose. They laughed it off, until I 'teleported' through their walls, and sat in the middle of their group and said hello. Obviously because I was still outside the walls, I was untargetable, but as far as they were concerned, I was a teleporting, untargetable hacker.

They all logged off. I think they might have quit the game after that.

I give QFT crap coz all the cool kids are doing it. But I personally don't have anything against them. Never played on a server with them. Yeah, some people tend to have a lifelong hatred of them though.

You weren't with CS when LB and CS joined together and left Wrath for Mourning and ran the Dwarf hammer chucking spec? 

You weren't with CS when LB and CS joined together and left Wrath for Mourning and ran the Dwarf hammer chucking spec? 

I vaguely remember Mourning. I remember ToO beta and then a brief stint on Mourning. That might've been around the time I quit and went to GW and WoW. Never made it to Vindication which was right after you guys went to Mourning?

Chaingun mangonels.

/stuck

Seriously, how has nobody mentioned the fact that doors were never used to get out of a city. Ever.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

I vaguely remember Mourning. I remember ToO beta and then a brief stint on Mourning. That might've been around the time I quit and went to GW and WoW. Never made it to Vindication which was right after you guys went to Mourning?

Yep. CS and LB both went from Entropy to Wrath after ToO beta but by the time the server war with CN was about to go into full swing, they announced Vindication Lore was coming and CS and LB left for Mourning until it came up.

I had just started playing SB at launch......and then had to work for about 18 days straight......when I came back....some friends (some buddies from UO) told me to make a channeler....(I left my half giant fighter at some ruins (didn't bother reading the game manual to realize that if I quit guild and logged out I'd be at main world ruins or I could simply talk to the ruin master to join a guild and get back too noob isle).......being lvl 6 near r3-r4 spawns was a fast death.

Anyway these friends once my channeler was promoted gave me 400 mil or so. I asked if that was a lot of gold......they said no.....gold was extremely plentiful having not played much I assumed gold drops must go up a lot as monsters get tougher.

So I trained up my channeler gming all bolts at low level thus paying an arm and a leg (which made me think gold must be easy to get if spells cost 15 mil a train)...which cost me most of my gold. Minus 67 mil.......anyway 3 days later I get banned for gold duping. Mind you at this point still was a total SB noob....not used to 3d interface and basic game mechanics.......anyway they email stated they had proof I was duping. I responded and said I didn't dupe the gold was giving to me by friends. The emailed I recieved back said again they had proof I was actively duping. So fast forward temp ban.....my buddies were never once banned....my gold was gone......and my friends offered me more gold if I needed (which I refused knowing my luck). Still having no clue wtf happened.......

Was more disgruntled they said I was the one who duped when I didn't, and the emails I got they were pretty adiment that I was duping ( saying I recieved duped gold would be one thing....but they said it was me doing it. Later learning that even 1 mil was a descent amount of gold at the time.

Was even more disgruntled that my buddies never got a ban or email......yet the ccrs ....they were positive it was me duping gold. At the time I was proud to finally knew how use a rune master properly, and spam lightning bolt at anything that moved.

Edited by mendoza

I turn dough into $$$ .....The Pizza King of QFT

If you spammed sit while you ran in a straight line instead, you could dysinc yourself pretty badly.  If you then stopped and didn't move, you were basically untargettable by melee and even some ranged attacks would have trouble.  Avari and I spent a night nailing that one down so I could report it to Sean and the other devs.

There was the exploit where you could mash your face up against the outside of a wall and then spin until your character would warp into the interior of the wall.  It worked on walls and doors and turned a few banes inside out until they fixed it.

Probably the only exploits I ever used were druids inside geometry and cast cancelling, where you could cancel out the casting time of certain spells and powers by taking a step or otherwise interrupting the animation.  I probably got duped gold in the later stages of Mourning, but I never used FC items.  Towards the end, I gave up geometry exploiting leveling bots for flying Warlock or Fury bots, too.

I won EthicsBane.

Definitely keycloning. That amazing hack allowed me to defeat QFT for 6 months 1v40.

Clearly I was the god of Shadowbane.

"Superior knowledge of game mechanics." Amirite?

Edited by caffynated

OJN1n7E.png