Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ubermonkey

Which Was Your Favorite Dupe/exploit?

I defeated QFT 1v40 just double boxing a Bard. GOML.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Simple one for me, Just enjoyed running inside geo with the female vamp idle animation that actually moved the players pivot in the animation allowing you to coast through a wall. Great for escaping un-win-able ganks, as long as you could get near a wall/rock you could just jump out of combat stance, idle into the wall and be safe ^^

I never witnessed duping in QFT.  I also had full FC jewelry and resource gear on my 65 con elf scout that was handed to me.  Why would I question where it came from?

My favorite exploit was walking through walls during banes. If you toggled walk/run and repeatedly clicked the ground inside a corner tower you'd eventually lag underneath it and if in walk mode you'd pop out on top of the wall.

I sent recordings to SBG but I don't think they ever fixed it.

On Vindication during the CN server war they had an island fortress up on ice.  Bane was a pain in the bottom but for some reason they didn't use a no summon spire.  I hopped on my prelate (we were church at the time) walked through both sets of their walls on the opposite side of the bane and started looking for a human priest to start a summon chain inside.

Most forces were engaged at the bane and MM was in the process of summoning back in so I sent Caliman (he was on a human priest) tells to drop tags and take my summon.  It took about 10 minutes of arguing in chat before he would believe I wasn't using the bane to noob fish him.  I tag him (lore server fun), summon him, and he proceeds to chain all of MM inside the CN city, wiping them, drop the spires, and the alliance proceeds to win the bane from the inside destroying CN's last tree on the server.

Would do it again.

Son-of-a-gun. I have always wondered how that happened.

On another note, I had a fun post debate with Caliman one time where I told him he had worn our tags, and when he denied it, I called him a liar and produced the screenshot of his guild history to prove it. It was from that bane. :)

CF_Van.png

Simple one for me, Just enjoyed running inside geo with the female vamp idle animation that actually moved the players pivot in the animation allowing you to coast through a wall. Great for escaping un-win-able ganks, as long as you could get near a wall/rock you could just jump out of combat stance, idle into the wall and be safe ^^

Another mystery solved. I've lost count of how many vamp scouts got away from me using that for an LoS issue.

CF_Van.png

This used to be possible with any character when direction keys still rotated your character. You just had to put the character into a group, start running in formation and hit either left or right to pivot your character. They would "stop" moving, but the game would continue registering their x/y position minus collision detection. You could literally jump across continents if you waited long enough before clicking out.

Edited by halethrain

ncLez59.png

Hah! My favorite was back when Mourning was the only server. I remember running through the swamps just south of Dragonscale and right on the edge there was a broken runegate you could stuck into. Anyway, while I was there trying to kill the noobies farming a HUGE flaming sword came in and BAM! Dead exploiters.

Another fun one was breaking into Dragonscale Castle while King Steven and his first wife were being naughty. Even though the doors are locked doesnt mean your armor is safe!

divider_line-1-1.jpg

Rift had a Repeatable that was stackable.. up to 25 times.. so we would do the quest then turn in all 25 and do it again... was a quick 10 levels. 

you are in the wrong place there Archie....

just trying to help before Meathead shows up

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Ah, the Arcane 3D engine.  Granted, this was 2003, but OMG...

Does anyone expect Unity 5 to present as many potential issues?  I am not a computer geek, but I would guess it has been pretty well tested by now.  I hope we don't have comparable duping problems, b/c say goodbye to Crowfall's economic model if that happens.

I don't think anything could be as broken as Shadowbane.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I didn't read the entire thread, but hands down the Bank/Vault dupe. Stacks of resources/Gold/FC gear! I would start out on noob with Frykka's Books, Hulin'Agaels, Kodor's Chains etc! I would have resource rolled MoV or PoR noob weapons just because I could! Those were the days!

Oh and I forgot! One of the -X- guys may be able to relay the info if Restyled is still around! He created an account for me with a Minotaur that had Fleet of Foot and Ambidex (don't ask me how he did it).  I made it Unarmed, yeah that's right! Full dex  Boxer Mino candy toon  to tree hop with! It was glorious! Booned, I could run with a scout! Good times!