Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katzemensch

Betrayal - How Will You Deal With It?

Your spacebar broke from too much bunny jump bro?

You have no idea how annoying this space bar is. It is why all my posts are edited.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

It will inevitably happen. Mainly through broken alliances would be my guess. Spies? Of course there will be. Their effect? Depends on how high the mole can get inside the guild. At least there will be information linked to plans, numbers and group spec.

There is always the risk to reputation of the guild to keep people honest. This is a game of cyclical "campaigns", but is still a community. Word travels fast, and these forums are the conduit. If you engage in "underhanded" behavior or tactics often enough, you may find yourself (or your guild) on an island. As long as one doesn't mind wearing the target, everything is on the table.

It'll happen, but not very often. If it happens to me, I'll just move on. No quitting, no crying. My friends will be told who not to trust, and that's about it. 

Rhend - SB - Hy'shen/Avari || Rhend - AA - LotD || Dynereir - SB - House Lok-ri || Magius/Amok - AC - Too many to list

For internal betrayal, not likely to happen with guys that have played together for more than a decade....

For external betrayal, clearly the answer is to not be bitter or hold a grudge and to immortalize the infamous deeds in writing...

Historych1.png

(Looking at you Tearin, Alkwing and Rhibald, even though we let you sub on Wrath!)

Edited by angelmar

I will stepback, sigh and say "That is fluckin awesome". If situations like these happen, then CF has done it's job.

Get the betrayers back in the next one.

Uhmm .. want to be my friends?

No why not .. i am not spiked with listening devices, narcotics or anything relevant to copy plans laying around on tables ... yeah ..

--

But seriuosly.

This is a game ment to be played like that.

You will need spy's and counter spy's of some kind.

People might yust make an alt to get into that zerg guild which is going strong atm. So they get their attack plans or when the least members are online. To counter attack.

Will i cry when it happens to me?

No.

I will laugh madly and have my adrenaline flash.

I like these sitatuions. It makes a game feel alive.

"I won that fight!" isnt as eciting as "We managed to get past this trap, layed by them trouhg insider information! Get in your groups. We are going with plan B, which only the officers knew beforehand!"

Then we stomp them with a fresh plan ... maybe our aftersweep through our members will reveal a spy.

Maybe he will even work for us now, as we sqaushed his mates.

Who knows~

The thing that makes a good game is human interactions.

What where the 7 sins again?

But to be honest, there is nothing you can do about it. You can always have a win win situation, take the hit like a man and make sure you know who betrayed your faction then learn not to cooperate with those people or crush them the next time you see them. It's not like you die and you never respawn again. The developer did mention that it is particularly easy to take a huge loss in game easily and thats what makes it all the more fun. If you can't take losing something then don't expect to gain something great. 

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

you can always trust me with everything. ...I AM yer Doctor after all and completely trustworthy. ...

after all.....there reason I play games with my friends is simply that... "we wish to establish trade.."

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Don't mass recruit, or invite checkyoTrack into your guild with his alt. accounts -
If you can avoid the hazardous areas of recruiting you will probably do just fine.   ^_^  

I would totally invite checkyotrack alts into any guild I was part of.

At least we wouldn't be bored

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

You find out who the dam spy is.

You pass his/her name to your entire guild.

From this campaign to the last campaign, you hunt him down on sight.

Also, you let the entire server know that you will pay for his head at any given time (make players show you a screenshot of his dead body also showing day and time, so you know it's not just a lucky guy who bumped in the corpse).

Not saying that a game with betrayal is not cool. It is awsome! But respect must be taught.

Edited by Ranzinzo

"Awake, ablaze, alive"
alGxc9C.png
.:Wildfire Brotherhood - Brazil:.

@that shadowbane video.

Snagging someone elses account is hardly good form.

Not interesting at all in terms of gameplay.

"oh we just opened all the doors, locked all them out, and "sieged" the keep."

Ya...sure you did. Thats called hacking. I'd have found the IP, and banned ther person's accounts, if they hid behind proxxies...I'd ban key members in the guild assaulting the keep.

Ya.

Hacking someones account so that you can unlock the doors, isn't acceptable in any form.

Edited by Zomnivore

@that shadowbane video.

Ya...sure you did. Thats called hacking. I'd have found the IP, and banned ther person's accounts, if they hid behind proxxies...I'd ban key members in the guild assaulting the keep.

Ya.

Hacking someones account so that you can unlock the doors, isn't acceptable in any form.

Neither is streaming movies but we still do it.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

@that shadowbane video.

Ya.

This guy is buttmad. Rage harder, bro.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

just to say....my final break wiht the last remnants of OPP occurred after Blas left....and a faction within OPP thought that the "Pink Grotto" move was not only cool, but acceptable...

crossed the proverbial line for me....i never looked back, and there are some form that incident that will always be on my KoS list in any Game

i'm silly like that...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I think the best grotto productions video is this one though since I was in Dissent earlier with Shadivak.  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RanpgTqEf5w

Nice video, mate.  Saw me irekei toon in that video when me and some o' da crew ran with Virakar.   Good times.

The Shipwrecked Pirates

www.thesaltymaid.com