Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
memar1

In Response To The 12K Backer Reward

After the 1 mil stretch goal was reached, a new goal was made. If the kickstarter reaches 12,000 backers (we are currently at 10k), then all pledge levels will receive a free statue for their EK.

I think this is an excellent move. It should entice many more people to choose the $5 backer option, people who otherwise would not have donated at all. It also gives an actual reward to people who choose the $5 option.

Thoughts?

Edit: To clarify, the reward does say "For all pledge levels", not just pledges for $60+.

Edited by memar1

I don't view it as an actual reward, but some might. It very well could encourage more backers, but we don't need 5000 backers at $5. $25,000, while I am sure the development team wouldn't turn it down, isn't substantial enough to truly fund development. We want to entice a higher Per Person Pledge, which I believe has fallen to under $100 at this point. Yes it is nice that the $5 pledges get another sumthin' sumthin', but this isn't the price range we really want to bring in. At minimum, we want to see the $40 pledge range to sustain good funding and interest.

Edited by Adall

II don't view it as an actual reward, but some might. It very well could encourage more backers, but we don't need 5000 backers at $5. $25,000, while I am sure the development team wouldn't turn it down, isn't substantial enough to truly fund development. We want to entice a higher Per Person Pledge, which I believe has fallen to under $100 at this point. Yes it is nice that the $5 pledges get another sumthin' sumthin', but this isn't the price range we really want to bring in. At minimum, we want to see the $40 pledge range to sustain good funding and interest.

Every dollar counts, dude. Don't discount the lower pledges.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I will discount the lower pledges because that is how money works man. If every current backer only plopped down $5, we would have ~$50,000 towards our goal. Even with ten times the number of backers, we still wouldn't be at the goal. You could kick out every $5 backer and have plenty of cash to meet the goal as it stands. $5 is worthless.

As of this post, we have made $555 dollars from the $5 package. Thank you everyone for not backing this amount!

Yeah, I am unsure what they mean by backer, but I think they mean the "Backer Tier" that starts at USD60.... So sorry guys, I think only us "contributors" won't get it :(

I think anyone who pledges at any level is a backer. The $60 backer level just happens to share the same name.

the 12000 goal is for any level of backer, at least that is how I read it.

Izumal (Izzy), Javis, Covis, Wrenlen

"Started with UO, loved EQ and EQ2, loved AoC and currently playing SWTOR waiting to be a Crow!"

Nope, if you look at the breakdown, they actually specify the Backer level by name.  Before that it's Supporter and Contributor.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I think the 12k was a direct response to some folks saying they needed to shorten the intervals between goals.

They did so... It doesn't really confer anything but another 'huzzah!' at some point of the race - but people like to cheer. :)

I don't view it as an actual reward, but some might. It very well could encourage more backers, but we don't need 5000 backers at $5. $25,000, while I am sure the development team wouldn't turn it down, isn't substantial enough to truly fund development. We want to entice a higher Per Person Pledge, which I believe has fallen to under $100 at this point. Yes it is nice that the $5 pledges get another sumthin' sumthin', but this isn't the price range we really want to bring in. At minimum, we want to see the $40 pledge range to sustain good funding and interest.

Very true.

But said statue might be a conversion to a box sale at some point. Something akin to "I got this free coffee coupon, maybe I should stop in at Starbucks."

Very true.

But said statue might be a conversion to a box sale at some point. Something akin to "I got this free coffee coupon, maybe I should stop in at Starbucks."

Agreed, just wouldn't do anything for me.

And Starbucks coffee is horrible...

<----- *spoiled northwesterner*

Nope, if you look at the breakdown, they actually specify the Backer level by name.  Before that it's Supporter and Contributor.

I think clarification is needed for the stretch goals, apparently its "(unlocked for all pledge levels)".

Does this mean everyone who backed gets it?

edited: then again it says Exclusive statue for all Backers. and there is a Backer pledge level.

ACE Team needed here.

Edited by XephRy

Agreed, just wouldn't do anything for me.

And Starbucks coffee is horrible...

<----- *spoiled northwesterner*

*nods his head and goes to ground his newly roasted beans*

To be fair though Starbucks is actually a lot better than most of the other poorly made socks you'll find at cafe's, at least they have some kind standards, though of course it's not nearly as good as it could be.

And to be on topic a little bit; it's not all just about the money(or well it is, but in a slightly less direct way), the amount of backers is highly important as well in terms of getting more funds from investors, investors that might put many millions into a project like this if they can see there's enough people interested in it.

Edited by Zushakon

Member of The BlackHand Order

So you speak for ACE now? I think they are happy with any backers and giving rewards for all backers is a good thing no matter how much they donate.

"But above all do not bind the anus all that there is congenial to your vision of paradise staff" - leonelion

Current ignore list because these people have no sense of reality or common sense: sheen, unknownxv, doomgrin, willwill, crowmagnonman, santa

I will discount the lower pledges because that is how money works man. If every current backer only plopped down $5, we would have ~$50,000 towards our goal. Even with ten times the number of backers, we still wouldn't be at the goal. You could kick out every $5 backer and have plenty of cash to meet the goal as it stands. $5 is worthless.

As of this post, we have made $555 dollars from the $5 package. Thank you everyone for not backing this amount!

I agree that if every backers would have donated 5$ or less, we wouldn't be close to get the project funded.

Currently, however, I believe any new backers are welcome with their pledge, even if they only want to put in 1$. One more backer is one more person to support Crowfall, one more person to probably talk about it to his friends, one more person to possibly come post a message on the forums or a comment on Kickstarter page. I see only benefits for new backers.

I think that the high number of backers is more important for our project than the high "pledge per backer" average ratio.

Edited by courant101

If they put a stretch goal of an additional ruleset added for every 200,000 usd (or put the appropriate amount here) raised I'd actually kick in more.   These cosmetic items as sg's rather than the rulesets seem off to me. 

If they can launch with more than just the Dregs that loosens a lot of the restrictions that have me on the fence about keeping my KS pledge in place.

Edited by Oridi

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

If they put a stretch goal of an additional ruleset added for every 200,000 usd (or put the appropriate amount here) raised I'd actually kick in more.   These cosmetic items as sg's rather than the rulesets seem off to me. 

If they can launch with more than just the Dregs that loosens a lot of the restrictions that have me on the fence about keeping my KS pledge in place.

I also am looking for the other rule sets. Cosmetic things are nice, but those should be in a cash shop, not part of the core funding for the game...

Kickstarter = true elements of the game.

Cosmetic rewards = cash shop fodder...

I appreciate ACE wanting to send a token of thank you to supporters of the KS, but lets get into the meat of this game and launch with as much that actually affects the game.

Personally, this new SG does not motivate me to do any more than I already am to spread the word.

I would have much rather seen a goal that affects game play. That would encourage me to ramp up my efforts to market Crowfall.

Imo fluff like the statue really only appeals to a small group of mature gamers and of course the 3pm-9pm weekday warriors.

Backer level starts at $60.

lol yeah I saw that.. if their goal is to give people incentive to give even $1 then they need to update the banner top say "for ALL Pledge Levels" yeah it says it in the "fine print" that everyone gets it but no one ever reads that.

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO