Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wynta

How Often Do Devs Look At The Suggestion Box Forum?

I'm going to guess, based on the roughly thousand posts an hour here, that there is some facility for distilling the forums down to 'things that generate a lot of likes' or 'things that have had 100 replies in the last hour', and that's what really gets their involvement.

I do know I've seen red names skulking about in the suggestion box pretty much every day - so pretty often?

There are a lot of posts in the general discussion and suggestion forums. The suggestion forums seems to be at a slower pace than the general discussion, but I couldn't imagine you would get too much work done sifting through the forums. Although it does seem that some Crowfall devs do spend their nights sifting through the forums (like Gordon Walton). Good luck to them. I couldn't imagine wading through some of the cess pools around here. I wonder if they routinely ignore players (like me) to make reading easier. Then again...I don't write very much, so it would be easy to go "ah headlight, you're such a turd with your gifs and one liners. You're why we can't have nice things. skipping your posts...."

Just show up at their headquarters with a laptop. Probably clothes, too.

You think someone would go to their office naked , laptop in hand?   

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

You think someone would go to their office naked , laptop in hand?

I would.

And they'd be impressed.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I'm going to guess, based on the roughly thousand posts an hour here, that there is some facility for distilling the forums down to 'things that generate a lot of likes' or 'things that have had 100 replies in the last hour', and that's what really gets their involvement.

I do know I've seen red names skulking about in the suggestion box pretty much every day - so pretty often?

You're right, very often I see the developers reading suggestion threads.

I'm pretty sure that, together, they have viewed the large majority of the 900 OP contained in the section.

Edited by courant101

All the time - There's some good suggestions that have sparked good conversation in the office. 

There's also a lot of "Make the game like this over game I played" Which never goes very well. 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

All the time - There's some good suggestions that have sparked good conversation in the office. 

There's also a lot of "Make the game like this over game I played" Which never goes very well. 

I rarely see originality coming out of comparison. Perhaps only a few comments are the ones the really get the ideas flowing.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Comparisons are all we really have to gauge our funfactor off of though my man. This game isn't completely unique in this genre. 

Consider comparisons our attempt at understanding the content you guys have yet to fully release details on.

Difference for the sake of being Different is not conducive to the development of a product. Difference for the sake of Improvement is and requires comparison.

Here's a comparison conducive to this suggestion box: "I really hope your guys' unity engine work does not end up like Shroud of the Avatars, because their input delay , camera movement and delayed character response in relation to the camera is clunky at best."

Would love to see more things about unity and how you guys plan on separating it from it's dirty laundry list of games.

Edited by Vitality

I doubt he was referring to comparison. Let's not make a 9 page thread debating whether or not comparison is a legitimate way of debating suggestions for the suggestion forum.

"make the game like this *other game I played"

Meaning people taking major features from a game they liked and wanting Crowfall to be that exact game. A lot of people do this in the suggestion forum with raids, dungeons, pets, etc. Does that mean CF won't do pets? No. It just means people shouldn't take a game where they enjoyed 99% of it, want CF to be an exact clone but change the 1% they didn't like. Not putting words in Tully's mouth, just saying what I've read for the past 2 months.

Edited by headlight

Whether people should or shouldn't isn't for any of us to say. They will make comparisons. Especially newer MMORPG players.

Even Todd/Gary have compared this game somewhere in between Tera and Wildstar (combat) for ease of description.

How is it okay for Tully to come in here and say it's almost never a good thing to want this game developed in some form relative to the other games referenced in the genre?

Seems a bit naive to me.

Edited by Vitality

Whether people should or shouldn't isn't for any of us to say. They will make comparisons. Especially newer MMORPG players.

Even Todd/Gary have compared this game somewhere in between Tera and Wildstar (combat) for ease of description.

How is it okay for Tully to come in here and say it's almost never a good thing to want this game developed in some form relative to the other games referenced in the genre?

Seems a bit naive to me.

What I understood from Tully's post (There's also a lot of "Make the game like this over game I played" Which never goes very well) is that trying to copy / paste a feature from another game into Crowfall wouldn't work well.

We can suggest things and make comparisons with other games, trying to find good ideas and eventually work on them so they can fit in the Crowfall universe. I think it's a better approach than trying to make Crowfall like this other game I played.

Edited by courant101

Seems a bit naive to me.

And yet there still was one. God bless the internet.

I understand using another game as a baseline for reference, but Crowfall should be for a new experience. Not backing to make WoW-Aion-DaoC-UO-EQ-GW-TERA 2. That's what 99% of the games out there are now.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)