Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hadati

Artcraft You Need To Get Organized Pronto!

The overarching problem I see for Crowfall right now is that there is no method for taking ideas from the backers and organizing them.

What you need ASAP is a system where anyone can submit ideas for public review and then every backer gets 20 votes and can spend up to three votes on any one idea. Backers can also post replies and suggestions based on each other's ideas.

Very quickly you will see what everyone is wishing for because those ideas will get the most votes and then you'll know what to put for stretch goals.

There is no overarching problem with this at all.  They provided their vision and the backers decided to back it. 

While I admit it's great having a place to submit ideas, like a suggestion forum.  By no means, should anybody be holding their pledges hostage off the backs of demands/suggestions like it's some form of entitlement. 

Great idea that would be nice? Sure thing.

But "get your arse organized pronto!"? Absolutely not.  That's a rather hooligan thing to say and request. 

Actually, if you're crowdsourcing a game then figuring out what your backers want before your 30 days to raise money is over is pretty much necessary.

And if it's a direct vision then why aren't there stretch goals announced past 1.3 million? And why have they already modified their stretch goals multiple times? Because they want to know what their backers want.

I'm not saying ArtCraft needs to get organized because there's anything wrong with the game. I'm saying it because I want the game to be a success and get tons of people backing it.

But how will that happen if new people that are interested in the game just come onto the forums and there's no way to know what ideas have already been suggested? 99% of people are too lazy to use the search function and even if they did there's no way to gauge which ideas most backers want without an organized system.

I agree, these suggestion forums are worthless. We need something better, like being able to respond to other posts, 'like' posts or rank posts 1-5 stars to ensure developers see the best ones!

An excellent suggestion, my good man. Here, take my like as a symbol of my willingness to get behind your proposal.

An excellent suggestion, my good man. Here, take my like as a symbol of my willingness to get behind your proposal.

I'd give you five stars for backing my idea, but I see you need your own thread. Instead, I will give you stars in your profile! Good on you my good sir!

Not to mention, they've taken the constructive ideas (aka the ones worded constructively and not arsedly) and replied with "this isn't the direction we're going" or "that's a great idea we'll continue to discuss in-house and see if we can find a way to implement."

Seriously, OP, rude.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

"We need your thoughts -- tell us what you think is cool, what you think is lame, and what doesn't make any sense at all.

Second, we need your ideas! This is a discussion, not a sermon. We're building this game for you. Without a passionate audience, no MMO can survive. Jump into the discussion, let us know your opinions. We made not always agree, but you won't have a voice at the table unless you speak up."

- JToddColeman

Want to know what's really rude? Shutting down another person's ideas without a well-reasoned set of arguments and resulting to ad hominem attacks. Just saying.

As to the "crowd sourcing will ruin the game's vision" statement, refer to JToddColemans quote above.

At the end of the day this game will need to make money to pay for he cost of continued development, servers and bandwidth. If it can't, it'll fail.

And who will pay the bills? The people who pay for the game and then continue to pay for VIP. But there has to be a compelling enough set of features and gameplay for people to pay 15 bucks per month (which is what WoW costs by the way) over the long term.

Without knowing what features their backers most want this game will fail in the end. Oh they may pull out 1.something million up front but of those 12000 people, how many will continue to pay 15 bucks per month after the first few months? Wildstar is struggling to keep going and this is way, way more of a niche game.

If they can't make their core supporters happy this game will flop.

Since you can't read between the sarcasm, let me spell it out for you:

You just created a thread in the appropriate spot for exactly what you are looking for.

So the guy said speak your opinions. It doesn't mean he needs to implement every single one of your ideas just because you have a right to post. Do you know how many threads and posts there were about raids and dungeons? Those people are gone. That ship has sailed.

Where's your quote about him saying this game won't be for everyone?

If you bring an idea to the table and 50 people criticize it, didn't they use their voice just as easily as you got to use yours? You are at the table. You have a voice. But free speech works both ways. You're allowed to say whatever you like and so is everyone else.

Everyone wants to plop down with a week old (or less) account and tell everyone here that's been reading thread after thread after thread after thread of the same nonsense regurgitated. It's mostly people taking WoW or some other game that has 95% of what they want anyhow, so they come here demanding that Crowfall be WoW with their own personal tweaks.

If they don't get the response they want they nerd rage, threaten to take their Kickstarter ball and go play somewhere else, all while bashing ACE like they're fresh off the block shooting from the hip in Month 2 of development.

Relying to heavily on player ideas and giving the majority of players what they want ruins games every time. What it creates is a watered down vision design to satisfy the expectations of instant gratification and lack of consequence that has been built by a generation of game development targeting the lowest common denominator. The main problem is a voting system- better organized and in duplicated suggestions are a good thing, but at the end of the day for a game to retain it's unique vision and charm it's best that the decision on whether an idea is good/fits the game is made entirely by the devs without showing what the masses want.

@OP: This isn't a need as most companies have their forum moderators (e.g. community managers... and employees) filter through the solid ideas and post it into whatever project management tool they're using outside of the forums.  Voting systems rarely work as you can see by the few people that use the existing "Like This" buttons on posts, which serve as a voting button.  How many ideas have you liked?

The noise to solid unique idea is pretty high in these forums.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

From Tully  9 days ago:

There's a sub-sect of people out there who are playing Warcraft who want a different experience, and if we appeal to them... cool! 

People play different games, I'm not ashamed to say that I've enjoyed WoW in the past. It's totally possible to enjoy many games at the same time even if they fall under the "MMO" umbrella. 

What we don't want is people signing up and immediately try and make us something we are not :

"Hey, you guys need to add 40 man raids" 

"You should take features from X game that I liked!" 

They just won't have a good time. Because we won't make the game something it was never intended to be.

To those who arrive in the future: Welcome to Crowfall, we hope you like what you see :-)

I think the devs are pretty firm about not making this game something that it wasn't meant to be -WoW.  Even if 100's of ppl want it to be that.  Why are ppl finding it so hard to understand that?

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

But that does not mean that they don't want our ideas. I say bring your ideas and let the community say what they want, the devs will take the ideas they like.

I hope the devs don't fall to group pressure and let their idea get diluted since that is what I signed up for, but I also hope they listen to good ideas that the community bring.

BTW OP the thing you are asking for is the suggestion part of the forum we are in right now. I understand what it is you are asking for and it would be easier, but I don't think it is needed. :D

The Devs will make the game they want to make. Deal with it  B)  :P

Edited by KingCream

Gives me ze Linux client