Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hadati

Artcraft You Need To Get Organized Pronto!

"You need to get organized pronto" is the rudeness.  Your actions, not you.  Not an ad hominem, forum monkey.  Know your definitions.

This is one of the most organized kickstarter projects I've ever seen, and the process of suggestions and the consideration they're being given is evident to anyone who takes time to read through what's been presented and what's been responded to.  But hey, I think your like system idea is working.  For instance, 8 votes, 1 star.  I'd say that's a pretty successful test run.

Edited by seventhbeacon

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

You might've gotten a better response if you hadn't sounded like such an unpleasant person in your thread title.  As everyone else has said, they have plenty of things in place to figure out what people want.

For example; there was a thread about having female cents.  What was stretch goal numero uno?  Hiring someone that specializes in FX so that our lovely Eric can get back to work on Archetypes and FEMALE CENTS.  

And if you could give an example of where they modified their stretch goals multiple times that'd be great. 

And if you could give an example of where they modified their stretch goals multiple times that'd be great. 

Modified it with new art?  I know they changed the art.  Not the goals at all.  Oh, and it totally changed again when it hit 1 million.  There's now a giant check mark next to the first stretch goal and it's in COLOR.  They modified it!  See?!

custard, I need a drink, and I haven't even made coffee yet.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Modified it with new art?  I know they changed the art.  Not the goals at all.  Oh, and it totally changed again when it hit 1 million.  There's now a giant check mark next to the first stretch goal and it's in COLOR.  They modified it!  See?!

Hahahaha!!  I guess that counts... they also told us which mounts we would get when we hit stretch goal #2, and added a third stretch goal.  Maybe that is what he meant?  

The overarching problem I see for Crowfall right now is that there is no method for taking ideas from the backers and organizing them.

What you need ASAP is a system where anyone can submit ideas for public review and then every backer gets 20 votes and can spend up to three votes on any one idea. Backers can also post replies and suggestions based on each other's ideas.

Very quickly you will see what everyone is wishing for because those ideas will get the most votes and then you'll know what to put for stretch goals.

I think your concern is that you're not sure ACE has listened to your ideas unless you can organize their effort in implementing them.

Please send a resume to ACE headquarters so that they can begin to pay you for this valuable service.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I think your concern is that you're not sure ACE has listened to your ideas unless you can organize their effort in implementing them.

Please send a resume to ACE headquarters so that they can begin to pay you for this valuable service.

I was thinking this same thing about the guy that wanted to create voxel structures outside of game and import them in.   Lots of potential ( and over qualified in their opinion ) employees for ACE to consider.   I guess our next stretch goal will be for a full fledged HR dept.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

The overarching problem I see for Crowfall right now is that there is no method for taking ideas from the backers and organizing them.

What you need ASAP is a system where anyone can submit ideas for public review and then every backer gets 20 votes and can spend up to three votes on any one idea. Backers can also post replies and suggestions based on each other's ideas.

Very quickly you will see what everyone is wishing for because those ideas will get the most votes and then you'll know what to put for stretch goals.

Hahahahaha!

Thanks, needed that this morning.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

OK, more seriously. You are flat out wrong. This has been proven time and time again. What they will see is the wishes of a small but vocal minority.

They know this. They have the experience. They're going to sift through and find what they like, what works and ditch the rest.

Some of the most popular ideas they may hate and/or don't work in their world. So who cares if they're popular. They go on the dung heap with the rest.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

OK, more seriously. You are flat out wrong. This has been proven time and time again. What they will see is the wishes of a small but vocal minority.

They know this. They have the experience. They're going to sift through and find what they like, what works and ditch the rest.

Some of the most popular ideas they may hate and/or don't work in their world. So who cares if they're popular. They go on the dung heap with the rest.

Bairloch pretty much hits the nail on the head here. 

We like / love suggestions, but a fair few come from uneducated guesses of what would make a game a better experience. There are absolutely valid and insightful ideas out there that we value highly, but a voting mechanic on which ones we should implement is NOT the way to go about it. 

Terrible ideas would be voted up because something sounds good on paper. Then the expectation is for us to ignore our instincts and experience and say "Hey lets do this because 40 people voted this item to the top". That's not good game design and it's harmful to the community. 

We'll be using our judgement for the good of the game and not bullied into making wholesale changes "Just because". 

Luckily, there's a good number of great ideas floating around. A lot we've already discussed internally, and some that are brand new to us that have sparked a lot of interesting conversations. 

You need to get organized pronto

Okay...  :(

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

That's your fault for trying to tackle the idiocy on the Internet without your coffee.   =P

The only reason I hate backer games is that people like OP think they are investors whose ideas must be implemented. You are a backer. You like their vision and trust Artcraft to make the game they have outlined. If you have good ideas that they decide to implement, great. If they don't implement the ideas, you still get the game. You aren't entitled to be a part of the design process.

Crowdsourcing for money is def a double edge sword.

gtlLXYT.png

The only reason I hate backer games is that people like OP think they are investors whose ideas must be implemented. You are a backer. You like their vision and trust Artcraft to make the game they have outlined. If you have good ideas that they decide to implement, great. If they don't implement the ideas, you still get the game. You aren't entitled to be a part of the design process.

Exactly what OP needs to hear IMO. 

Or maybe do, because they seem to attract more attention than more plainly titled threads. 

Yes but not for the reasons one would want in starting a topic in suggestions. However, they would make great titles for off topic. 

Race you all to off topics to make a "finger snapping" thread. :)

288mqgz.png

I read this title as "Artcraft You Need to Take an Organized Photo"

Let's see those pics.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg