Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How Detailed Will You Get With Crafting?

So I have seen the basic ore sets and they look nice.  I like how you have to combine them to make other ores but it does not just look as "in depth" yet as your video depicts it to be.  Can you give us an actual vision of the kind of detail you want to get into with crafting?

Non Sibi Clan--Not for Self

Founder

didn't they already mention, you won't have 10000 recipes most of which are useless. You'll have a more limited number of recipes, but the recipes themselves are flexible in terms of the input.

Considering the things they have said regarding the nature of equipment in this game, I'm expecting something along the lines of UO. Progressively better materials are used to craft a similar range of items, there's a recipe for a sword, for instance, and you can make it from the materials you have at hand, and perhaps modify the process further with optional improvements, like, for example a [insert appropriate item] to increase the durability of the resulting item.

I am hoping unique crafts will be in my craft book but if someone else tries it, it won't give them the same results.  This will keep recipe websites from being able to rinse wash repeat content.  This will potentially make my wares more valuable if I find a wicked unique combo of materials to craft with.

Damn the potential in this game is limitless, Great pvp, great crafting, great housing, great combat mechanics.  This game almost looks to good to be true.  I must control my hype.

+1 to OP

There's nowhere near enough info at this point to have a real idea of the crafting system tbh.  We don't know what the balance of gear is between skill levels and we don't know how much outside of straight gear we'll be crafting.  For all we know there's only gear to craft.  

We don't have a clue about how much material is needed to make an item - which makes a big difference due to the export percentages on the campaigns.

I keep ramping down my expectation level for the crafting as there's been very little info and the only real crafting interaction on the board I remember from a dev was the "how do we convince people to be quartermasters" post.  Looking for it now to link it but not finding it yet.  Will edit this post when I do.

We do need more info on crafting.  Not just the details of how to craft but what we'll be crafting and mat amounts.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

IM a gear progression player so I hope they have alot of different styles. I hate looking like everyone else.

Also, alot of mmorpgs today are making the misstake of having the "BiS" set and nothing else. Everyone is running around with the exact same armor/weapon.

There are no options if you want to spec in different way, like say a dextrous warrior that hits fast, or a strenght warrior that hits hard.

+1 to OP

There's nowhere near enough info at this point to have a real idea of the crafting system tbh.  We don't know what the balance of gear is between skill levels and we don't know how much outside of straight gear we'll be crafting.  For all we know there's only gear to craft.  

We don't have a clue about how much material is needed to make an item - which makes a big difference due to the export percentages on the campaigns.

I keep ramping down my expectation level for the crafting as there's been very little info and the only real crafting interaction on the board I remember from a dev was the "how do we convince people to be quartermasters" post.  Looking for it now to link it but not finding it yet.  Will edit this post when I do.

We do need more info on crafting.  Not just the details of how to craft but what we'll be crafting and mat amounts.

I am actually interested in what kind of crafting system you like.

What games have you played where you like the craftin system?

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

I just hope that they make all recipes viable.

All weapons, crafted with the right ressources, should be viable.

I absolutely hate it, when every "high-end" character that picked the Bow skill, runs around with the exact same weapon, because 1 recipe is just flatout superior than the others.

I don't want to see any ranks on the weapons and no skill requirements. It's just bad design if you ask me. If only 10% of the available equip is used at a later point in a game's life, then the design had flaws!

Look at UO back in the day.

Nearly every single weapon was used. Longswords, braodswords, katanas... all 3 were viable. You weren't flatout  gimping yourself by using one over the other.

Make them different, but don't make one flatout better than the others!

You're right, we do need more info on crafting.  And I'm sure ACE would like to give that to us as soon as they figure it out for themselves.

During this conceptual stage, it's likely they don't even know what items the players will craft.  Certainly not amounts of materials.  Those things will be tweaked during testing.

Right now it's possible they don't know how the entire crafting system will work, or even if it will work.  Their first attempt at a crafting system might fail and they will have to try something different.

It's just too early for the developers to give this kind of information.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

I just hope that they make all recipes viable.

All weapons, crafted with the right ressources, should be viable.

I absolutely hate it, when every "high-end" character that picked the Bow skill, runs around with the exact same weapon, because 1 recipe is just flatout superior than the others.

I don't want to see any ranks on the weapons and no skill requirements. It's just bad design if you ask me. If only 10% of the available equip is used at a later point in a game's life, then the design had flaws!

Look at UO back in the day.

Nearly every single weapon was used. Longswords, braodswords, katanas... all 3 were viable. You weren't flatout  gimping yourself by using one over the other.

Make them different, but don't make one flatout better than the others!

I don't know man I kind of like the idea of bash and mash where you keep on trying different combos instead of a restricted recipe where it tells you the ingredient. I would prefer a crafting system that's based off logic such as ropes, wood planks, nails, and paint gives you a door

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

One idea could be that you find parts of weapons, like hilt, blade etc likes in Dragon Age and you get different stats on them based on how you combine.

Like find a +4 str hilt and a +4 dex blade, combine and get a +4dex +4str sword.

Or that you can dissmantle same weapon to combine the parts with something else.

AS a crafter i also like the idea of making crafters more involved in the game. Usually the crafting gear gets redudant by the PvP set or Raidset.

Maybe if all gear is crafted but statsless, and you can find gems in the world (not cashshop) to put on them, and theres alot of different patterns.

If you crit you unlock an extra slot :P

One idea could be that you find parts of weapons, like hilt, blade etc likes in Dragon Age and you get different stats on them based on how you combine.

Like find a +4 str hilt and a +4 dex blade, combine and get a +4dex +4str sword.

Or that you can dissmantle same weapon to combine the parts with something else.

AS a crafter i also like the idea of making crafters more involved in the game. Usually the crafting gear gets redudant by the PvP set or Raidset.

Maybe if all gear is crafted but statsless, and you can find gems in the world (not cashshop) to put on them, and theres alot of different patterns.

If you crit you unlock an extra slot :P

Umm, you are new, so I will tell you welcome to Crowfall.

I am starting to get the feeling that you are a little behind on the knowledge we have so far about the game.

I would strongly suggest that you go through the http://crowfall.com/#/faq there is a lot of useful information there.

The game will have equipment damage and destruction, that in itself already makes crafters much more useful than most other games.

On top of that, it seems that the crafting skills will have to use points out of the same pool as the combat skills, making it a CHOICE to be a crafter and not just something everyone can do to max.

There will be no seperate pvp or raid sets awarded by the game. Most (if not all) equipment will come from players crafting (This is not 100% yet)

It does seem like the Dragon Age crafting syste a bit, and this is just my opinion, by the way we have seen a few pictures.

That means few basic recipes, like 3 different armor types devided into slots and then you add materials for what you need. There could be variations, like in DA:I also.

This puts much more focus on the resources than in other MMOs, and since resources are something you will have to fight for in CF, few of them will ever be worthless. On top of that, it does seem like different materials will give different kinds of bonuses, instead of just a straight upgrade.

Promising start.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Considering the things they have said regarding the nature of equipment in this game, I'm expecting something along the lines of UO. Progressively better materials are used to craft a similar range of items, there's a recipe for a sword, for instance, and you can make it from the materials you have at hand, and perhaps modify the process further with optional improvements, like, for example a [insert appropriate item] to increase the durability of the resulting item.

I don't remember that in UO at all. Valorite was just blue, not better. Shadow was black, not whack. Maybe this was post-renaissance?

I don't remember that in UO at all. Valorite was just blue, not better. Shadow was black, not whack. Maybe this was post-renaissance?

That's how it was when I stopped playing...  the color just meant more rare materials were used, not better, more durable, more protective, etc.

I'd love the ability, if one achieves some sort of amazing level with a craft, to be able to have custom textures... Something like a 512x512 (normal, specular, and diffuse) texture for the blade of your signature sword or a plaque on your siege engine.

I know this wont happen, because all of the business-like adults will cover everything with memepenis, but I'd still like to see it happen. :)

It would be interesting to be able to add crests and designs to your armor if you craft it, just to add a unique touch to your artistry and design. It makes it feel like you aren't crafting a generic set of that armor that others are able to as well.

I am actually interested in what kind of crafting system you like.

What games have you played where you like the craftin system?

SWG was the best crafting system I've found so far.   Vanguard had a pretty good system though there was a goofy minigame in there. 

Part of the allure of SWG's system was the resource gathering and the manufacturing capabilities.  Not expecting the manufacturing aspects but hoping the resource gathering has some fun to it.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.