Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gokury

Exotic Races! (Minotaurs/nagas/etc..)

It is a PvP based games, I'm sure there are other features but mounts will probably be used as transportation only. Since this is also a throne based game, I have yet to seen an exotic race in Game of Thrones.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

keep in mind that due to hitbox most l33t pvp hardcore players will not choose the race which is super big

The devs have stated that player and weapon mass will effect combat.  So a centaur wielding a massive hammer moving at full speed will hit much harder then skinny templar.  They will also be able to absorb more force.

By "more exotic" do you mean a greater number of "exotic" races, or something with a greater level of "exoticness" (if that's a thing).

Because I don't know how to get more exotic than gun-toting, anthropomorphic guinea pigs and killer winged pixie hookers.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

I think they have a good variety of races already, what they could use is more archetype race diversity since humans have 6 archetypes and the other six races have one.

Centaur, Guinecean and Fae have a physical property which should be isolated to fewer unique roles, but Elkin, Elf and Dwarf could totally benefit from another archetype.

Beyond that, I think one or two future races would be good in an expansion, especially introduced with naval content where a swimming race could apply well.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

keep in mind that due to hitbox most l33t pvp hardcore players will not choose the race which is super big

I see hitboxes mentioned a lot.  Has it been confirmed anywhere that the different races will actually have varying hitboxes?

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

Unless size difference also corresponds to melee weapon range and swing arc. 

There are plenty of other traits you could also throw in there too. A centaur might have the ability to trample a player when using their sprint ability (I'm guessing they'll have something like this in lieu of a mount)

gtlLXYT.png

xathrid_gorgon_mtg_by_chase_sc2-d5ap7hl.I think it would add more depth to close combat if a gorgon could turn enemies to stone,people would think twice for how to approach an enemy group where gorgons are present :D 

They have a good handle on it so far with race and class restrictions. It's good if some are slower/tougher, faster/weaker, aoe/single target, etc. It doesn't need to be balanced beyond the right kind of characters working for their intended missions, and if something is terribly overpowered (it will be, don't have any naive illusions otherwise), they can tweak it in the next reset.

It is understandable that people would want to see a playable reptile race.

The Gorgon would be perfect candidate imo ,as they'd bring something new to the battlefield for players to respond to;
Like a gorgon could protect archers by keeping close combat soldiers at bay.
On the downside if a gorgon is at your side,you'd want to protect them to get from point a to point b as soldier,as they would be slower as other units.
They'd kinda be like the priests in age of empires when it comes to enriching strategical decision-making in combat.
Edited by Tipsy