• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Exotic Races! (Minotaurs/nagas/etc..)

Oh they are shadowbane races

The Irekei remind me a bit of the demoniacs in Heroes of might and  magic 

The succubus as seducer might be interesting too..Promotion Dominatricks  :lol:

heroes_6_artwork_51_s.jpg

This one is Shadowbane's Nephelim in fact, which is a great shot too.

Edited by kalawatis

"fire made flesh"

TCLfZIr.png

✣Wildfire Brotherhood✣

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exotic races are cool. 

By "more exotic" do you mean a greater number of "exotic" races, or something with a greater level of "exoticness" (if that's a thing).   Because I don't know how to get more exotic than gun-toting,

I loved the concept of Elks, Centaurs and the Rodents in Crowfall and i will let here  my suggestion to add more exotic races/classes to the game, i am so excited for it! continue the good work devs! 

Well, we have the basics: Humans, Stonemen(Dwarves), and elves. Then we have Fae, Guinecean, Half-Giants (the Champions are not human apparently), Elken, Centaurs and now Minotaurs. At the moment, they're definitely favoring humanoid creatures (half-humanoid in case of Centaur). I definitely think Gorgons could come into play, but they'll be later on since I doubt that serpentine lower body would be easy (or cheap) to animate. As for wyverns/drakes, they'd probably be more like dragon-men (which I totally approve of). Avians is a definite interest, I love bird-men because they can be widely customized and they are beautiful to look at (I'm a graphics nut). I'd definitely be pro demon/succubi characters because that could open up some VERY interesting gameplay. That and I plan to own a brothel, so Succubi FTW.

As for other races that would work with this game's current direction (or at least what SEEMS to be its current direction), there is still a ton of variety to consider, and throughout the length of the game they can take their time experimenting and seeing what works and what should be scrapped. I just hope they keep us updated, I'm psyched to see what they come up with, especially now that they have an FX artist and Eric can focus on making 3D characters for the game again :)

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

Doppelganger.

LWrlJoV.jpg

Humanoid. Can assume alternate forms. Temporarily take on the look of other player races not much bigger or smaller than they. Maybe even change their own name. This race would add interesting dynamics to the political game and everything that comes with it, namely betrayal and deception. Infiltration for the win. 

Edited by Hax

Doppelganger.

Humanoid. Can assume alternate forms. Temporarily take on the look of other player races not much bigger or smaller than they. Maybe even change their own name. This race would add interesting dynamics to the political game and everything that comes with it, namely betrayal and deception. Infiltration for the win. 

Maybe Doppelganger or Illusionist is one of those rare discipline runes you can only get by winning a campaign?

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

That would make sense; make them a bit rare. Also, they don't get to use the skills of the race they turn into. The transformation power would mainly be for the social parts of the game.  I can imagine so many interesting scenarios that would be possible with a race like this.

IMO spamming out new races would be a mistake. If all Minotaurs are Myrmidons you lose the feel of them being a race. They start to feel more like one dude. Its no longer several minotaurs who the gods deemed worthy, its Steve the Myrmidon who happens to be a minotaur. The people complaining that the characters feel like MOBA characters are thinking along these lines.

Give each race two-three archetypes first then start adding new races.

David Sirlin's Balancing Multiplayer Games should be mandatory reading for all gamers.

I definitely think Gorgons could come into play, but they'll be later on since I doubt that serpentine lower body would be easy (or cheap) to animate. As for wyverns/drakes, they'd probably be more like dragon-men (which I totally approve of). Avians is a definite interest, I love bird-men because they can be widely customized and they are beautiful to look at (I'm a graphics nut). I'd definitely be pro demon/succubi characters because that could open up some VERY interesting gameplay. That and I plan to own a brothel, so Succubi FTW.

While gorgons could add interesting cc & combat tactics to keep certain enemies at bay,i've been thinking that animating the lower serpetine body and serpent hair would be the most difficult part. In guildwars 2 there was a krate(serpent race) morph tonic and was kinda disappointed when the effect of the tonic ended  :lol:

A succubi with whip would be awesome I think,to satisfy the inner dominatricks in many  :lol:

How about Harpy?

vain_harpy_by_sandara.jpg

Promotion matriarch & hag

Special abilities;curse ,vicious claws,deathstrike

Edited by Tipsy

As long as they have specialities to spice up combat.So they form a new threat for players to respond to..Which probably alters the way players will approach certain situations.Which means more tactical considerations on the battlefield.
Playable monsters would be sweet.