Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gokury

Exotic Races! (Minotaurs/nagas/etc..)

...and definitely these.

mythic_owlbear_by_benwootten-d6hzgqx.jpg

OWLBEARS FTW! Although if they do playable beasts, I wonder how that mechanic will work. That might have to be a major expansion down the line, but it would be interesting to add a beastial line.

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

I loved the concept of Elks, Centaurs and the Rodents in Crowfall and i will let here  my suggestion to add more exotic races/classes to the game, i am so excited for it! continue the good work devs! 

As for exotic races.

What would be nice to have are:

-massive amounts of humanoid monsters in all varietys.

But atm, they got enough archetypes for the moment.

Prolly they will realese more as time goes on.

Most likely new ones will be hidden behind vip for a month or two, too make VIP account to something more. And test and nerf these before the public masses ran over them.

My favorite races ... are feline types or fairy types.

But the more human ones, with just minimal "exotic" parts.

Fae is really nice, like a dark fairy.

Let's see if they add a assasin feline type later and if it will be more animalistic or humanoid.

Prolly they will tend to be more animalistic, as the other monster archetypes are exactly that.

*sad*

Not cute minotaur girls. Just cows q.q ...

is it like an owl gryphon?avalanche_the_owl_griffin_by_icebanshee-

We've already seen griffin-like creatures with different gradations of hunger corruption

Yet i think it would be a very nice playable unit.Infact centaurs&griffins always remind me of this film I used to see as a toddler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzGw_4sCjfc&feature=youtu.be&t=70

that reminds me ,something like this might be cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROssbvtE41U&feature=youtu.be&t=105

Edited by Tipsy

is it like an owl gryphon?avalanche_the_owl_griffin_by_icebanshee-

That is one seriously beautiful beast. I would totally play that if they implement playable beasts. But then again I also love owls, so the idea of either this or the Owlbear appeals greatly to me.

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

Loving the idea of snake-people or gorgons, since they're not required to be any single color either.

Man this is getting me psyched to see more info on Crowfall.

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

What about non-humanoid races (centurars are still kinda humanoid)? They might need their own special equipment type, but it would certainly be cool!

I kinda like the idea of not having equipment for beasts, but instead having special abilities that normal, humanoid players wouldn't possess. For example (not likely to happen, but it does exist in another game-in-the-making), playing a dragon. Not a dragon-man, but an actual dragon. Besides being incredibly OP unless there's a growth system involved + limited lives (as it is in the other game), why the heck would your dragon need armor? Ya got scales! Why would it need weapons? He's got claws, teeth and special breath! (I refer you to the D&D Monster Manual for different breath types)

Any creature type wouldn't really need any armors or weapons simply because beasts exist as a self-sufficient group among themselves, whether as a group (wolves, lions, etc) or alone (owlbears, cheetahs, snakes, etc), and have no need of any kind of industry.

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

I'm probably over excited by this too..

In my opinion they don't have to be humanoid at all.

It could be a beholder with brown skin,or a beholder with elephant skin and yetti furr,or brown with purple pattern.
The shape of the beholder  eye could be altered,as hairstyle they could have different smaller eye alignements,...

When it comes to new races I think it is important to think about
-What surplus value can they have in tactical combat & considerations?
-what kind of customization options could there be for players to customize & personalize that character?
-Which kind of unit would they be?(support,stealthy,Crowd controle,tanky,..)
-what are the weapons they will use?
-Are they unique enough compared to other archetypes(like the slayer joke was too similar to already existing archetypes,being in between duelist&assassin)

Rather than using armor pure beast archetypes could has some kind of growth progression system.
Edited by Tipsy

I'm probably over excited by this too..

In my opinion they don't have to be humanoid at all.

It could be a beholder with brown skin,or a beholder with elephant skin and yetti furr,or a brown with purple pattern.

The shape of the beholder  eye could be altered,as hairstyle they could have different smaller eye alignements,...

When it comes to new races I think it is important to think about
-What surplus value can they have in tactical combat & considerations?
-what kind of customization options could there be for players to customize & personalize that character?
-Which kind of unit would they be?(support,stealthy,Crowd controle,tanky,..)
-what are the weapons they will use?
-Are they unique enough compared to other archetypes(like the slayer joke was too similar to already existing archetypes,being in between duelist&assassin)

Oh no, I totally agree that they don't NEED to be humanoid, I'm simply going by what the devs have released thus far (I make no assumptions unless I've seen something confirmed). Every single Archetype they've made thus far has been humanoid, so that's the direction I think they're taking. The MOMENT they release a non-humanoid, I will start assuming that certain things will be possible, like that Owlgryphon.

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

Recently a game came to my attention where you can actually play as a dragon,called Istari

I never played it ..but it seems you start out as a hatcheling that can't fly or anything,so more elder dragon players would need to defend you while you are vulnerable.The more dependent players are on each other the better I think.

cute vid of a baby dragon trying to fly in Istari,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2oHQqX0XHo

It almost makes me want to play it ,but I've decided to not get into mmo's for a while 

The game I'm talking about is still in development, I just didn't mention the name because I don't want to advertise it on the CF forums. But heck, it's still in development too, so why not. The game is called Trials of Ascension. It did very poorly in kickstarter though, and I'm not sure why. Maybe they just didn't advertise well.

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

Hard to tell,I do notice they only have 3 playable races,the raknar,humans and dragons.Maybe the dragons are still not enough to make up for the few playable races there.At least for me that is one of the first things I check;can I play a race that I like.

Haven't really followed the game.

I think playable beasts also give new opportunites for other kinds of social groups to be formed..like players that are mad about dragons can start their own dragon nest..

It would be most interesting to see all kinds of beasts with strenghts and weaknesses played out against each other by players

Edited by Tipsy

It would be pretty awesome, and there would have to be major additions to EKs. A palace isn't gonna cut it for a dragon, because they have to be able to get in and out (unless all the doors are gigantic). Gryphons would have huge nests instead of houses, gorgons would be able to live in ruins in their EKs... So much customization would be involved :D

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

Actually, a lot of people are a bit peeved at the idea of adding PvE elements by making Hunger creatures (Hellcat, Gryphon, etc), because they think it ruins the PvP experience. Creating the ability to have people play the creatures... That would completely blow that argument out of the water (barring normal creatures like deer, wolves and other hunt-able beasties for food and furs). You want a special item from a gorgon? You have to be careful, because that gorgon is played by a player, meaning that there's someone behind the monster adapting to whatever you throw at them. Is there an owlbear prowling around a specific forest? Tread carefully, because that thing isn't walking around a planned route, it's going wherever something interesting happens to be because there's a player exploring the world in the form of that owlbear.

Wow that's an intense dynamic o.O

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

In another topic I saw someone mention they'd love to loot an ear (or other bodypart) of an enemy. :lol:

So beast players drop a component or crafting material for the ones that are able to defeat them?

I love that idea,normally there is no challenge to it in other mmo's,like when you need furr from a wolf or deer to make leather outfits.

Sure there have been mmo's with "go kill 5 warriors today in pvp" but if enemy players possess components you need to craft a rare outfit,

you actually earn rare outfits when you do manage to gather all the required components.

Like a rare dragonscale plate armor could require you to slay 200 dragon players,20 duelists,100 knights (x10 perhaps long-term goals)

There is nothing exciting grinding for these components,or taking them off a wolf that didn't stand a chance against you in the first place.

Another advantage of having beast players with special skills&different mechanics/purpose is that there will no longer be flavour of the months.

Just flavour of different archetypes.There is less arguing over what you play and how you play it as each of these archetypes has different purpose.

Edited by Tipsy