Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Exotic Races! (Minotaurs/nagas/etc..)

Whoa, let's just take a step back and realise how extremely abusable that would be. I mean it would be awesome I'm sure but I really can't see that not being exploited to a maximum.

Edit: bleh, new page. I'm referring to beast archetypes dropping ingredients and materials.

Edited by Zushakon

Officer of The BlackHand Order

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exotic races are cool. 

By "more exotic" do you mean a greater number of "exotic" races, or something with a greater level of "exoticness" (if that's a thing).   Because I don't know how to get more exotic than gun-toting,

I loved the concept of Elks, Centaurs and the Rodents in Crowfall and i will let here  my suggestion to add more exotic races/classes to the game, i am so excited for it! continue the good work devs! 

Oh no, I totally agree that they don't NEED to be humanoid, I'm simply going by what the devs have released thus far (I make no assumptions unless I've seen something confirmed). Every single Archetype they've made thus far has been humanoid, so that's the direction I think they're taking. The MOMENT they release a non-humanoid, I will start assuming that certain things will be possible, like that Owlgryphon.

Humanoid only?  Illithids confirmed!

"ALLLL WEEEE WAAANNAAA DOOO IS EAT YOUR BRAINS!"

Mind_flayer.jpg

Edited by Kyutaru

Still waiting for a game to put in Wemics (Think centaurs but with the bottom half of a lion) :D

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

in heroes of might and magic the beholder was also called "Evil Eye" but "Eye Tyrants" sounds amusing  :lol:

The Wemics description reminds me of Quest for Glory

rakeesh3.jpg

Maybe it could be like an exotic variant of the centaurs from another type of terrain(with some differences in resistance et cetera)

I think a phoenix might be interesting ,so if a phoenix player is killed ,the enemy best puts out the ashes.Or the phoenix player may rise again

139217_21_216_ArtFile_ru1.png

Edited by Tipsy

Probably not the most exotic of races but I would like to see a Weasel or Ferret based archetype as a counterpoint to the Guinecean.  They could look a little more dastardly, not so cute/heroic, and would be a natural fit for archetypes that involve scouting.  I am not sure if the body types are too different to re-use animations, but  I know that is big consideration for the Devs atm.  They will want to add more archetypes and races that can overlap on animation sets to keep development cost low and performance up. 

Edited by Gilgamer

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?

I like the characters from Shining Force 1 and 2.  I tried linking the url link from my google drive but it wont work for some reason =(.

Here are the links for the other ideas ;p

Armadillo Knight - http://sf1.shiningforcecentral.com/shining_force.html?pages/characters_force_guntz.html

Caster Squid - http://www.shiningforcecentral.com/content/artwork/files/sfcd/sfcd_book_domingo.jpg

Turtle Power - http://sf2.shiningforcecentral.com/images/characters/kiwi.jpg

I like the characters from Shining Force 1 and 2.  I tried linking the url link from my google drive but it wont work for some reason =(.

Here are the links for the other ideas ;p

Armadillo Knight - http://sf1.shiningforcecentral.com/shining_force.html?pages/characters_force_guntz.html

Caster Squid - http://www.shiningforcecentral.com/content/artwork/files/sfcd/sfcd_book_domingo.jpg

Turtle Power - http://sf2.shiningforcecentral.com/images/characters/kiwi.jpg

I smile every time I see that Caster Squid :D

I would create one and call it Ika Musume! (+20 points for those that get the reference)

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

A big +1 for exotic races from me.

Anything are moves away from the usual player races (human/elves/tolkien dwarves/catfolk/generic giant).

I'm already happy we get centaurs, minotaurs and satyr... things.

Fae that are actually as vicious as fae are supposed to be are also a huge bonus. Well, at least they seem like that from the short lore snippet the assassin has attached to her on the wiki.

I'd love some vaguely reptilian race though.

Nagas are a race that could be very interesting, especially since it would most likely be an unmounted race without any natural speed advantages.

Constant optimism will not solve your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

There were twelve races available in shadowbane:

• Aelfborn (Half Elves)
  • Aracoix (Flying Birdmen)
  • Centaurs (Half man, half horse)
  • Dwarves (Stonemen)
  • Elves
  • Half Giants
  • Humans (Heirs of the All-Father)
  • Irekei (Desert-dwelling Elves)
  • Minotaurs (The Beast Men, creation of the elves)
  • Nephilim (Flying demon-like creatures)
  • Shades (the Pale Ones who are linked to the process of death, and have a gaunt appearance)
  • Vampires (powers and spells consume health instead of mana or stamina)

So far most of these are in,except for Irekei,Nephilim(I'd love to see a succubi dominatrick btw) ,shade,and last but not least Aracoix.

The Aracoix reminds me of a Geruda.The sworn enemy of Geruda is Naga.

025-W_U_E-Net_Magic.jpg

if that is any indication.Though I personally would prefer gorgons over nagas 

As their petrifying gaze could provide an interesting twist to combat.

Also gorgon is almost the same as Gordon :D

Other mmo's turn to fossilised poop in comparison to the masterpieces Gordon made..So it is most fitting :lol:

Gordon's games may not be poop... but they also may not be still existing.  So it's hard to say what they are.

Ultima Online imploded with Trammel, The Sims died screaming in a conflagration, SWG exploded then was scorched off the face of the earth, and SWTOR bombed so horribly it went free to play almost immediately to recover losses.

The poop stinks, but it hasn't spontaneously combusted yet.  So worse games are outliving good ones?  What's that say about gamers?  That we like eating poop?

Gordon's games may not be poop... but they also may not be still existing. So it's hard to say what they are.

Ultima Online imploded with Trammel, The Sims died screaming in a conflagration, SWG exploded then was scorched off the face of the earth, and SWTOR bombed so horribly it went free to play almost immediately to recover losses.

The poop stinks, but it hasn't spontaneously combusted yet. So worse games are outliving good ones? What's that say about gamers? That we like eating poop?

Lots of us do, apparently. o.o

Officer of The BlackHand Order

*Side Tangent: I guess the cool thing about Archetypes being some sort of racial-class combo means you can really go wild with what powers you have. MMOs usually down-play or have no effect of how races and classes interact (e.g. GW2) or that racial passives typically are feeble at best. Here we can see racial abilities really come to the forefront and integrated into the archetype, thematically and mechanically.

Otherwise, I'm all for exotic races. Give me my Lizardmen or Mindflayers!