Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jekyll

Male Assassins

This is not another "Rouse the Mob" about gender-locking.

I think there is another important possibility that is being overlooked!

Although the first Assassins we are told of is a female cult this doesn't exclude the possibility that there is another group, (or groups), doing, (and likely competing for), the same tasks.

Having two groups of assassins could open the game up to further possibilities.

>A bonus/penalty for interaction? Preferences for different groups of gods?

Perhaps you have further ideas on the topic. . .

My guess is the rangers might get an advanced profession that fits this role.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Todd Coleman: We certainly could, though the remaining gender-locked races all have a pretty strong narrative reason for the restriction. The only real candidates would be the Fae (currently female only), the Guineceans (as you mention, they would look the same except for clothing choices) and the Elken, which I'm afraid might look rather silly. The centaurs were the most obvious choice of the group, because there wasn't any narrative reason not to include them; it was simply done for cost reasons.

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/34042/900K-and-Counting-Todd-Coleman-on-Kickstarter-Success.html#z3cpDcpiqiUpOHFv.99

Might have male fae assassins at some point

Stretch Goal 1: Upgrade FX, Hire Another Eric, Add Female Centaurs!

We aren't happy with our combat, spell and environmental FX. The current FX in the game are placeholders... not ideal, but it was the only option available, because we didn't have a full time FX artist. Usually games have at least one artist who specializes in making amazing visual FX (explosions, fire, smoke, lightning -- you name it.) 

Since we don't have a dedicated FX Artist, we handed that task to one of our other artists (Eric) and made him do it. The result are FX that look good, but not amazing (no offense, Eric!)

So, the "Hire Another Eric" stretch goal really does a few things for us: First: Spell FX! We will use the funds of the stretch goal to hire an FX artist and to secure an FX technology library for creating amazing spell FX in Crowfall.

To be clear, we're not going to fire Eric!

Instead, we can put him back to work where he belongs, on characters! That means that we'll be able to get MORE character work done, more quickly!

With this extra capacity, we're going to add another gender option for one of our previous-locked raced: the Centaur Legionnaire archetype.  

That means we'll have male/female variants on: Druid, Ranger, Champion, Confessor, Knight, Templar, Frostweaver... and Legionnaire!  

Multiple wins, for the price of one stretch goal!  

Help us make this goal, and we'll find an FX artist -- and put Eric back to work on characters immediately!

I believe assassin will be included

I certainly hope they really give "male" assassins as otherwise its really going to be a huge disappointment for me, I always play an "assassin" class if possible and always male ...

well an investment of 500$ I hope its not going to be a kick in the nuts :P 

9kvwKZN.png

I have asked Todd about this on twitter and he said "there will be other assassin characters, but they won't be named "assassin."

https://twitter.com/jtoddcoleman/status/575030566942199808

So, this means the male fae forum crusade will stop? A man can dream, right?

EDIT: punctuation

Edited by hilkmkz

With only poison in my veins!

cm5oDMm.png

I would love to play a male assassin. A Fae who survived at birth due to the mother being unable to kill her child. Sending the child away.

and that fact alone makes you an assassin? :D

I think we all keep forgeting that every archetype has a promotiom classes. You can start with Knight archtype but end up with Crusader promotion class. Same goes for assassin.

In recent twitter Q&A devs confirmed that there will be a lot of assassin type characters and a lot of rogue type promotion classes

The Blond Myth of Aquilonia

www.assassinshideout.com

and that fact alone makes you an assassin? :D

I think we all keep forgeting that every archetype has a promotiom classes. You can start with Knight archtype but end up with Crusader promotion class. Same goes for assassin.

In recent twitter Q&A devs confirmed that there will be a lot of assassin type characters and a lot of rogue type promotion classes

Alright, true, I just want to play a Male Fae. I might even get a friend to play his sister and have an epic sibling rivalry.

Alright, true, I just want to play a Male Fae. I might even get a friend to play his sister and have an epic sibling rivalry.

I feel you bro.

Would be epic :D

However for me I REALLY wish for male/human assassin. Will settle for Thief or Rogue..

The Blond Myth of Aquilonia

www.assassinshideout.com

I feel you bro.

Would be epic :D

However for me I REALLY wish for male/human assassin. Will settle for Thief or Rogue..

I think they will, but I will be soon posting my rp character intro on the rp forums. I love playing characters that's world vs them. I really hope they allow male Fae. I fell in love with the concept.