Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eternal Kingdoms And Land Sizing System

The Kingdoms and Land Sizing system has not been officially completed as of yet, so I would like to discuss possible ways to face it while being fair and progressive.

The first three ideas are:

1. Have an item (such as a map found in campaigns/dungeons) to increase the world size by 1 acre in diameter.

2. Have a system where the more people you add to your kingdom, the larger it is.

3. The more campaigns you win, the larger the kingdom is.

The disadvantages and advantages are:

1. The item can be bought for money in the in-game store or found (Possibly crafted). But the only issue is you need to make a location randomization. < very few to no cons.

2. Large Guilds and Factions get more space to use. But: Smaller kingdoms who prefer non-guild or a solo world play don't get the liberty of having a larger kingdom to explore and use. << Lots of cons.

3. Useful and helps motivate the player, but takes a lot of time depending on the progression needed. << For large guilds this is limited to the Hierarchy.

The item system is probably the most realistic/best option in sizing the world, because of several reasons: The only limit is the number of items per campaign/world. Adds an income to the developers without being pay to win. Players  can enjoy it in several ways(Searching for the item in campaigns, Exploring the world in their kingdom. Players can choose to buy it if they prefer to avoid searching for it).

Edited by Code2Protect

But the land sizing has been confirmed, hasnt it?

Its only the upgrading of land that they are currently working on.

From faq:

"The map for each Kingdom World is divided up into grid squares called “parcels”. Each parcel makes up a single “grid square” and is roughly equivalent to 1 square acre of virtual land.

Each Kingdom starts with a grid of 3x3 parcels (9 total). This land is reserved for the Monarch, and cannot be granted to other players. It is typically used for this World’s capital city and marketplace.

Imo, it would be fine to put Parcels in the website store... having a bigger kingdom isnt p2w.

Edited by Zinnie

i find this idea pretty interesting but i wouldn't like it to be exactly done as you describe.

to be precise I'm opposed to one certain point you mention.

that is the size to be dependable on people.

of course the game should enforce a community play style.

but your kingdoms vastness and capacity shouldn't be only dependent on your guild members or inhabitants.

i think you should add the possibility to buy more space with coins or so

Edited by kampfbock

2. Have a system where the more people you add to your kingdom, the larger it is.  This will be true, if they bring lands with them that they can enjoin to yours

3. The more campaigns you win, the larger the kingdom is.  You want land to be a "reward"  for winning a campaign?   Or you want your campaign to magically grow if you win?   Since, imo, some campaigns will have many ppl fulfilling the victory conditions I don't see that as probable or possible.   Also, land will more than likely be a cash shop thing.   The EK nor the amount of land you own will have any advantage in a campaign.   We all start with the same conditions in whatever campaign we chose.

Looks like this will be another EK thread folks.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Looks like this will be another EK thread folks.

EeeK and another that was already addressed in the FAQ.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

2. Can I spend real world currency buy in-game items or currency?

No. The only things that you can buy from ArtCraft:

- VIP membership tickets

- Cosmetic items that do not affect gameplay

- Account level services (such as increasing your number of character slots, or the size and population caps of your personal kingdom).

I pretty much would say confirmed, wouldn't you?

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

- VIP membership tickets

- Account level services (such as increasing your number of character slots, or the size and population caps of your personal kingdom).

No.

27. Can I increase the size of my Eternal Kingdom?

Yes. We are discussing the way we want to handle this. There will be an in-game mechanic, relying on some combination of the passage of time and/or the collection of materials.

We have talked about allowing players to buy additional land (because raw land doesn’t grant any in-game benefits other than increased social interaction – you can invite people to build structures, but they still have to build those structures using materials won during Campaigns.)

Alternatively, we may only allow parcels to be added/cleared through in-game means, and charge people to increase the concurrent player capacity of their Kingdom.

We’re still discussing these ideas internally. Our goal is to come up with a solution that provides players with the ability to grow their Kingdom (if they choose to), doesn’t grant an in-game benefit for real world money (i.e. it’s not pay-2-win), and gives us a way to pay for the ongoing cost of hosting these servers.

Edited by finnelhir

Pretty sure everyone will have the same size instanced world... although would be cool to have it randomly generated per player for a little uniqueness in terrain. 

Also, we all start with 9 parcels + the bonus parcels we get from the KS pledge.  They already mentioned that additional taxable parcels will be purchaseable from the EK store.  So, everyone will have enough space to eventually max out our EK space so we're all on equal size.  It'll be large enough to accomodate at least 160 (169) parcels, since that's the most bonus tax-free parcels you can get from KS.  That **could** be max or allow more room to grow from there too.

So, they already confirmed much of the basics already.

- VIP membership tickets

yep, but then they also posts this in the faq about increasing EK size:

"We’re still discussing these ideas internally. Our goal is to come up with a solution that provides players with the ability to grow their Kingdom (if they choose to), doesn’t grant an in-game benefit for real world money (i.e. it’s not pay-2-win), and gives us a way to pay for the ongoing cost of hosting these servers."

So the two points contradict themselves.

yep, but then they also posts this in the faq about increasing EK size:

"We’re still discussing these ideas internally. Our goal is to come up with a solution that provides players with the ability to grow their Kingdom (if they choose to), doesn’t grant an in-game benefit for real world money (i.e. it’s not pay-2-win), and gives us a way to pay for the ongoing cost of hosting these servers."

So the two points contradict themselves.

A way will be found since this ^^^^ ( see bold text )  The EK is the game service.

Do people really want to take the time off people to expand on land in kingdom? Kingdom will have it's feautures for decoration so i think the more organized and basic it is, the more players would enjoy decorating the land. After all, visitor will probably not spend hours in your kingdom. But rewards such as decorations, Manors, and villas, maybe introduced as rare rewards

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Do people really want to take the time off people to expand on land in kingdom? Kingdom will have it's feautures for decoration so i think the more organized and basic it is, the more players would enjoy decorating the land. After all, visitor will probably not spend hours in your kingdom. But rewards such as decorations, Manors, and villas, maybe introduced as rare rewards

Understanding of EK Economics... this one lacks.  More precious for me!  All mine!

There are still a lot of ideas to be thrown up in there air here. Pricing in various ways (if any), Maximum sizing, Kingdom generation based on sizing, and a smooth progression so you aren't walking through 20 miles of land off the start. These are just a few sub-topics of many of the Kingdom system.

... Maximum sizing ...

Maximum size is 169 parcels (everything may be changed in the future but this has been said to be the current maximum).

Edited by Azurite

From someone who hasn't been keeping up with the details;
Will there be any form of EK docking? Can I put my EK inside another EK? For example, guild member has a larger package than mine. Can my more modestly sized package be placed inside his (provided it fits using parcels)? If so, can I then use my parcels within his EK to expand it even further?

I must consider my sins

From someone who hasn't been keeping up with the details;

Will there be any form of EK docking? Can I put my EK inside another EK? For example, guild member has a larger package than mine. Can my more modestly sized package be placed inside his (provided it fits using parcels)? If so, can I then use my parcels within his EK to expand it even further?

No.  Parcels are fixed and you can't nest EKs.

But, you can drop your buildings (like the ones in the KS pledges) in any EK that grants you permission.  The EK owner can tax you for use of their parcels.

You should be able to pick up and move your buildings around within your EK, but your building is lost if you dropped it in a different EK.  I remember this mentioned in the KS comments.

Edited by Nyt

I see, thanks, that's what I was basically wanting to do. Place my building in another players EK. I was just conveying that poorly.

I must consider my sins