Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Opinions On Being Killed By The World?

Here's a situation where you die from objects crushing you, what do you think and how would you try and stop this from happening later?

Say you were in the inside a tower. A enemy player sees it and decides to destroy it. Inside you start to feel the tower shake and then crush you to death.

What would you think/do?

Would this event affect the ways you position yourself later on?

yes, I would be happy to crush a tower where people are hiding and see them crushed on the floor.. It kinda depends on the gore factor here.. If I cant smash your head in with a stoneblock and see the blood splatter several meters then the game is too carebear xD

Edited by Zinnie

Here's a situation where you die from objects crushing you, what do you think and how would you try and stop this from happening later?

Say you were in the inside a tower. A enemy player sees it and decides to destroy it. Inside you start to feel the tower shake and then crush you to death.

What would you think/do?

Would this event affect the ways you position yourself later on?

Turn into the hulk and hulksmash!

Or Depending on how fast stuff gets destroyed I won't be neer walls the next time! altho my stupid brain will have forgotten and i'll just die to it again.

...obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken. "***** ******"
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. "Alexander the Great"

Tough poorly made socks I guess.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

By the time the crows descend on a world, the world is doomed to die. It seems only fair that the world try to kill a few crows on its way out.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Don't go inside confined spaces or near possible dangers ever again. Sit in the middle of a field and cry.

Really, if that would happen it would be pretty awesome. It makes you feel like an action hero if you manage to get out of it alive.

Hrm. The other thread I've posted in about this appears to have been locked and hidden.

I strongly support the idea of physics-based damage being included. Without it, the voxel engine becomes far less interesting, in my book.

Hitting a stronghold with a heavy artillery shot (trebuchet, catapult, etc) could do all of the following damage effects:

• People near the explosion, from explosive damage
  • People under the stronghold, being crushed
  • People on top of the stronghold, taking falling damage
  • Other people near the explosion, from shrapnel damage

I, for one, am looking forward to being able to run over and kill an attempted hijacker in my heavily-loaded Caravan. :D

Players, Physics, and Mobs as death choices are not hardcore enough... Again, every time a player logs in, there should be a percentage chance of them exploding and dealing splash damage to everything in a ten meter radius.

I'd do it just to get folks over this fear of virtual death.

Aww, you assploded - go get some more gear from the bank and proceed as planned.

well, everyone who played one of the recent battlefield titles should be familiar with collapsing buildings and the following deadness when standing too close.

Once you know what to look/listen for, this becomes second nature and you rarely get killed by it... if ever

Edited by freeze

Frostbite - Battlefield, evolve, and evolution - so when they talk about future releases -

it's usually evolving bigger explosions in the design.  ^_^

But I admit that the CF design is on a completely 'new' level of evolution -

Frostbite is knocked out in the playoffs - if we're drawing a hockey parallel here

with their evolution strategies.  :D  

Edited by Mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/