Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walpurgisnacht

How Is This A Throne War Simulator?

Where are the thrones and the wars? So far, I have only seen self-contained campaigns and a trophy room called the Eternal Kingdom (this might be an exaggeration :P). I want to see more stuff like the fealty system and player relations. I've read through the FAQ and everything about this game (and I am very hyped!) but I can't figure out why it is called a Throne War Simulator.

A good question which has no real answer.

There has been multiple threads about this, and we have discussed it for some time.

Theres a possiblity they mean the throne in the EK, which will be able to go to war with eachother.

Others think it might just be a metaphor for something.

Honestly, we dont know.

I suspect they're using the whole 'throne war simulator' shtick to try and get people to understand campaigns will likely have a lot of political poorly made socks ala GoT. Or not. Who knows.

Edited by drakkus

It's shorthand for "this game is going to be like Game of Thrones." Except it's not exactly, and Game of Thrones isn't all that good anyway, so I dunno why they're drawing the comparison. I think this game can stand on its own without needing to be compared to that series.

The marketing guy thought it sounded better than "Consequential Hardcore GvG/PvPMMORPG+Expansion Options For Faction War & RvRvR, With Voxel Minecraftesque Trophy Room and Playpen For the Kiddies"*

*Now with added mounts and omnidirectional all terrain hampster wheels for the furry rats.

Edited by angelmar

It's shorthand for "this game is going to be like Game of Thrones." Except it's not exactly, and Game of Thrones isn't all that good anyway, so I dunno why they're drawing the comparison. I think this game can stand on its own without needing to be compared to that series.

Game of Thrones IS that good and I think this MMO has the best chance to be like it. I just want to make sure that they are keeping the label "Throne War Simulator" in mind as they develop because right now, I haven't seen much evidence of that. :(

With Voxel Minecraftesque Trophy Room and Playpen For the Kiddies

You!  They told you didn't they?     ^^^ EK

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

It is in the main concept of the game. When you have a campaign filled with various parties, guilds or factions, someone will always be on top. People will fight to have that power, whether that be the most land or the most resources. The throne is symbolic.

The only throne I sit on these days is porcelain... heading there right now!

Where are the thrones and the wars? So far, I have only seen self-contained campaigns and a trophy room called the Eternal Kingdom (this might be an exaggeration :P). I want to see more stuff like the fealty system and player relations. I've read through the FAQ and everything about this game (and I am very hyped!) but I can't figure out why it is called a Throne War Simulator.

This isn't a serious post right? Are you really asking to see physical Thrones? Obvious TroIl is Obvious.

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

It's pretty easy kingdoms will rise and fall in the campaigns, and people will try to win.  You are fighting for the throne, and then when the lannisters have won it will reset and you'll all try again. 

This isn't a serious post right? Are you really asking to see physical Thrones? Obvious TroIl is Obvious.

I think you missed his point about wanting to see stuff about fealty and player relations.

It is in the main concept of the game. When you have a campaign filled with various parties, guilds or factions, someone will always be on top. People will fight to have that power, whether that be the most land or the most resources. The throne is symbolic.

The only throne I sit on these days is porcelain... heading there right now!

Each campaign will be a throne war of its own.

Above two posts nailed it IMO.

People act as though the game will feature political maneuvering and intrigue, wake up lads, it's gonna be a bunch of massive hordes running across the campaign map, steamrolling everyone in sight since minute 1 until they meet and one with the most players online prevails, that's the extent of strategic depth we can expect if past experience is any indication. However, the aforementioned doesn't mean that it won't be fun !

Edited by Mookzen

People act as though the game will feature political maneuvering and intrigue, wake up lads, it's gonna be a bunch of massive hordes running across the campaign map, steamrolling everyone in sight since minute 1 until they meet and one with the most players online prevails, that's the extent of strategic depth we can expect if past experience is any indication. However, the aforementioned doesn't mean that it won't be fun !

Its why i expect a political, in game, system. Cause the whole ''throne war'' in the campaign is a bit meaningless. Without a ladder system like Tera or TESO...yes, you can won in the Dredgs. Yes, you got your legendary sword of the 1337 and enough mats to build the Castle Doom. And that is like..nothing. Only if you RP....or....actually....they have a in game system for EK. 

I think you missed his point about wanting to see stuff about fealty and player relations.

I didn't. Fealty and player relations is implied, ie: "Throne War Simulation."

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I guess the campaigns are it then. I was kind of hoping for something more in the Eternal Kingdoms. I've read what Todd said happened in Shadowbane and I understand the concern there but I think it is something that needs to be overcome. I actually really like the campaign idea but I was hoping for there to be a political meta game outside of it. Something like "guild 1 is feeling threatened by guild 2 so guild 1 starts stockpiling on resources by going into FFA campaigns" or "guild 1 puts sanctions on guild 2 so their allied guilds can't trade with them (unless its a drop trade, if they want to be sneaky)". I don't know. I was hoping for stuff like in Game of Thrones I guess.

I don't know how expecting thrones and war in a throne war simulator makes me a t-r-o-l-l but okay (t-r-o-l-l without dashes turns into player for some reason).

Edited by Walpurgisnacht