Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raeshlavik

The Semi-Official Beer And Pretzels Discussion Thread Lounge

Just making a thread for me to hang out in that is down the road a piece from the Discussion and Suggestion threads... A place to vent, to point and laugh, or to simply cry into a beer.

The following is just - ramble... Venting - as the title says.

I know KS projects are rife with opinion, often bad opinion at that, but the veritable flood of entitlement and valiant ignorance since KS is startling.

Perhaps it is a case of Intellectual Prejudice on my part: The frustration you feel when what you think is a simple concept is simply not being grasped by the people around you.

Crowfall is a PvP game with a certain set of mechanics - says so in big letters pretty much everywhere - and yet sooooo many people are completely missing this and going on and on and on and on about how the Dying Worlds concept bugs them and needs to be changed immediately, or how they just don't like PvP games in general and ACE needs to change this right now...

I can somewhat understand the 1x10^32 EK threads as that pillar of the game is nebulous at best. But core offerings like PvP being a thing to gripe about in the forums? Boggle...

I think bairloch summed it up best:

I can some up half this thread (and these forums) in one sentence.

"If it's not my way, it's stupid."

Very wise - for a rodent. ;)

PM me when the folks start posting that potato chips are better and they can't understand why we can't have potato chips NOT pretzels even though the title said PRETZELS.  It WILL happen.  I will help.   ( and also bring popcorn )

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Look, as much as I prefer oily and crunchy potato chips to bready and salty pretzels, we can still have both.
The real question is root beer or cola?

Edited by Psyentific

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

Look, as much as I prefer oily and crunchy potato chips to bready and salty pretzels, we can still have both.

The real question is root beer or cola?

I see you are one of the more "reasonable" folk here.  :)

Wait......................he said BEER.  Not RootBEER.   

Trying to take away MY right to a FREE Alcoholic beverage.

See how you are?  

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

These pretzels... are making me thirsty!

-Draconic Warlords, Usual Suspects, Freaks of Nature, Disturbed Forces, The Hate Crew, TSCCC-

Yep, that...

In that regard, today's special is Philly Cheese and Fat Tire.

-=-

So I wonder what causes the string of events that creates this whole "WoW is for pussies, and this game needs to be more like WoW or..." It'll fail, I won't play, other people won't play, I won't back it, other people won't back it, etc., etc.

I think a lot of them like the idea of a PvP, no holds barred, gankfest - where they envision themselves standing over a fallen foe and taking their stuff because that is badass - which is why they come.

Then they get here and the reality sinks in: There are people on this forum who essentially invented killing other people in an MMO.

So they fall back and start envisioning rules of engagement that will make their vision easier to obtain, but the only rules they know are from other MMOs. And thus we get all of the "I want feature X from MMO Y".

Which is fine and dandy, but the impertinent swagger in their delivery makes other folks want to separate their head from their shoulders in a most gruesome fashion.

No solutions here - just observations.

And let me go get some of those amazing bar chips from Charles Chips - the ones that come in the big metal can... ;)

Edited by Raeshlavik

mmmMMMmmmm. .....

philly cheese steak and charlie chips in the metal can......

now I gotta plan a trip to Philly to visit my guitar player and have lunch......ya bastiche. ...

but...I applaud the purpose of the Thread....since I have a few just like it for the same reasons...

now...aboutethose free adult beverages. ...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

oh cheer up!  I hear tell someone may visit and bring Nachos!

mmmMMMmmmm. .....

philly cheese steak and charlie chips in the metal can......

now I gotta plan a trip to Philly to visit my guitar player and have lunch......ya bastiche. ...

but...I applaud the purpose of the Thread....since I have a few just like it for the same reasons...

now...aboutethose free adult beverages. ...

Let me know when you visit Philly, Gonz ... I'm just 20 minutes south of Philly.

The Shipwrecked Pirates

www.thesaltymaid.com

It's getting tough up there in the general section.

*pours beer*

It is almost like intelligence is a constant, and the forum population is growing. By the time the Kickstarter is over I can only assume there will be entire threads where the communication is simply long unpunctuated vowel movements somehow involving EKs...

I feel for the mods, really.

bah....i have the tool required for the likes of them fargin' iceholes...

CtCToRm.jpg

now....whose got the good single malt?

FIQw0eP.png

It's getting tough up there in the general section.

*pours beer*

It is almost like intelligence is a constant, and the forum population is growing. By the time the Kickstarter is over I can only assume there will be entire threads where the communication is simply long unpunctuated vowel movements somehow involving EKs...

I feel for the mods, really.

Trust me.  Intelligence is not constant.  It is a very very rare thing.

EDIT:  I reread your post.  Did you mean consonant?

Edited by ellie

Trust me.  Intelligence is not constant.  It is a very very rare thing.

EDIT:  I reread your post.  Did you mean consonant?

i read it as a mathematical Constant, meaning the total IQ does NOT rise as the population does...the IQ stays level, while bodies increase...

see what i mean?

hey, we math geeks can't help it....

FIQw0eP.png

i read it as a mathematical Constant, meaning the total IQ does NOT rise as the population does...the IQ stays level, while bodies increase...

see what i mean?

hey, we math geeks can't help it....

but see?  the mention of vowels

long unpunctuated vowel movements somehow involving EKs.

and I am off to English class LOL

now that one was my kind of pun-ishment

and i so do feel empathy for the non-native English speakers who try and read mah mad keyboard peckings...

well.....some...

ok...not too much...

hey....i've thought about it on occasion!

FIQw0eP.png