Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raeshlavik

The Semi-Official Beer And Pretzels Discussion Thread Lounge

It does make me think though, that whatever it was that happened there, happens a lot.  When something is posted people read it very quickly and, as is human nature, we only concentrate on certain "key" words instead of looking for the context in which they are being used.   Perhaps we should all read posts three times and wait 5 minutes before posting.

And then perhaps I am smokin' something to even THINK that could happen.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Today I learned that if a forum poster cannot even take 30 seconds to add an avatar, I'm probably not in any way interested in what they spent three minutes typing.

That is all.

While I tend to agree, I shouldn't.  I didn't have an avatar for well over a month, and when I finally did it was one I created...  more or less.  Basically, screen shotted the picture, dropped it into MS Paint, cropped it, etc.  Long story short, it's more than a 30 second process.  Just sayin'.

/sigh   Many mysteries abound on these forums.  Few lessons.    Glad you found one.

Another beer please?   Pretzels are running low too.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

An RP forum eh? This is relevant to my interests.

And they are looking for a moderator or two... I have some passing experience with moderating a large RP forum and allllll that entails - but I think I'm going to hang back and watch what happens for a bit. There is some epic trololol in these forums, and I'm not certain the risk versus reward is quite there for RP in this group.

Regardless, it is an interesting idea and I'm curious how it will pan out... A bit of a preview of how 'characters' will fare in Crowfall I think. ;)

An RP forum eh? This is relevant to my interests.

And they are looking for a moderator or two... I have some passing experience with moderating a large RP forum and allllll that entails - but I think I'm going to hang back and watch what happens for a bit. There is some epic trololol in these forums, and I'm not certain the risk versus reward is quite there for RP in this group.

Regardless, it is an interesting idea and I'm curious how it will pan out... A bit of a preview of how 'characters' will fare in Crowfall I think. ;)

I personally find it quite refreshing that some APPEAR to have found their Niche and may be "otherwise" occupied in their new found Kingdom , of sorts :)

Today I learned that video games are super serious exposes of both player psychology and larger world-views.

Apparently avatar armor is a subversive element relating to the decline and collapse of human civilization, and the word you use for a game mechanic can quite possibly trigger a holy crusade to deliver emancipation to a conceptual story device... And these elements are critical to come to terms with during the development of a video game, lest said game lead the helpless masses into the pit of eternal damnation.

Fortunately there are a few upright citizens manning the battlements on the forums; defenders of the ignorant who may be led astray by such careless words or art assets.

What a wondrous time we live in.

but see?  the mention of vowels

long unpunctuated vowel movements somehow involving EKs.

and I am off to English class LOL

I switched the V for a B in my head and it still made sense. Did you intend for that to be a thing, cause if you did I tip my hat to you.

I brought BBQ Ruffles and Woodchuck. Point me towards the nearest black and tan please.

Wow IS for pussies, it wasn't for a good, loooooonnnnngggggggg time, but blizzard has somewhat metamorphosed from a game developer who made the landmark 'perfect MMO' into a development firm that caves into the demands of the playerbase just to keep their money coming. Twerking alien shaman and pretty horde paladins were  kind of glazed over as the starting point of the 'waffle corruption' because the expansion they were slipped into was 1) The first expansion ever and 2) holy amazballs please take my money, but if you give a nerd an inch they'll want 63360 more of them. They started down the slope to a training wheels MMO for people who "Don't have time" to deal with other people but still want the same loot.

Unfortunately very few were around for the laggy, un-balanced, ugly, polygonal days when you had to log out in an inn to combat your exhaustion or find a survival hunter who could make a Starlight Campfire so you could make it back to the Inn with out your EXP being halved. At a certain point you realize that you're not playing the game you liked playing anymore, and while I came to that realization near the end of wrath, I didn't actually pull the needle out till mid Cata, when I just couldn't take it anymore. I wandered the wastes looking for a new drug but all the MMO's created were snapshots of WoW at any one point in it's decline.

And 'little gamers' are growing up with this. They're experiencing games that never really had a solid foundation but rather set the bar according to the height of a falling titan, one that 'listened to it's gamer base' even though the game has ultimately suffered for it.

We're not going to find someone under the age of 25ish that understands that we're playing someone elses game, it's a game they want to play, a game they want to enjoy and if they 'suggest' their idea and enough people get on board it could become a reality.

THAT is what we're looking at, That's what's going on in the forums, and that's what I'm praying this game resists.

Actually, forget the black and tan, I think it might be time to swith to coffee. What've you got.

coffee WITH whiskey...

it helps

and yes, he meant to do that with the v and b, that's a kind of Joke amongst english speakers....i cereally certain you've noticed it at other times

your Spoiler Quote sums up a lot of the Concerns among the SB/EVE/PvP first crowd

but so far...our Murder of Devs have been pretty much sticking to their guns

are some of the things they've told us bothering me, and some others?

hell yeah....but we still don't know hardly anything, and until we find out more...i'm going with reserving Judgement, but am keeping the camo'd trebuchets in Austin pointed at the Office....you know....just in case...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

The more I hang out in General, the more I look forward to Crowfall.

It will be glorious to be in on the first six months to a year of the game, because it is going to be an incredibly target rich environment. 

Core PvP games have gotten so rare, that few of the current gamer generation can even conceptualize of anything more than matchmaker arena-style PvP. Many are basing their entire worldview on skill numbers and gearscore-style thinking, without any inkling of how flat skill and gear will probably be, and how often they will be completely tooled by someone with disposable sword, shield, and a black dyed deathrobe. ;)

We will be filling entire swimming pools with tears.

Hopefully a few stick around and we don't run them all off - which is why I keep beating the Tactics and Teamwork drum, to see if we can drag them around before they try to solo an army...

The deed is done, now begins the long night of development and testing, and more development and more testing. 

ACE has been amazingly communicative so far, and I look forward to a continuing dialog and a front and center view of the game coming together over the next year and a half.

Speaking of communicative: today I finally had to use the forum's ignore feature. While I have pretty much infinite patience with people and will always strive to clarify concerns or assuage trepidations - I finally ran out of f_cks to give for a few of the more valiantly ignorant / purposefully inflammatory folks.

Ahh, blessed silence. :)

Santa made it onto your list also? Tee hee.

I've spent the last few days solely in my own little world in the RP forums, only peeking my head out to read the News and Announcements. I'm pretty sure anything else is just the same five posts over and over again with different wording. Pets, P2W, Please give me this because I gave you 5$... etc.