Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Swagorn

In-Game Communication

52 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of In-Game Communication Should there be?

• Age Restricted Chat (18+)
    • Filtered Text Chat
    • Normal Text Chat
    • Voice Chat
    • Both (Can talk in text, but can go into channels where you can talk to each other)
    • Something Else (Post your ideas)

I really like the idea of having different channels where you can communicate via voice chat, but also keeping text chat for people who don't have mics, or don't trust strangers.

Edited by deadbite

anything but filtered chat, having restrictions on can be said makes it that much harder to communicate, if there is no voice chat option, it can be easily remedied with the use of an outside application.

built in voice comms for /party, /guild and /nation(alliance)

oh heck YEAH!!!

if such is built in then there is NO need to run any third party programs...thus the Client can force quit any open application

why? because cheats!

just my 2 gold pieces worth....

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Text chat is a horribly inefficient means of communication in a pvp game. Every guild worth anything uses some form of 3rd party voice coms anyway. Text channels for /trade, /say, /group, and /tell (private 1v1 chat) are a good starting point until we know more about the socio-political aspect of the game and how guilds, nations, alliances, etc... will exist.

2eyfm20.jpg

Text chat is a horribly inefficient means of communication in a pvp game. Every guild worth anything uses some form of 3rd party voice coms anyway. Text channels for /trade, /say, /group, and /tell (private 1v1 chat) are a good starting point until we know more about the socio-political aspect of the game and how guilds, nations, alliances, etc... will exist.

Tell Holrom that :P

C4sIZDW.gif

Say and yell only. Party and guild chat I suppose for the carebears will cry. (kidding) Seriously, do we 'need' more or are we just used to more?

Why can we only select a single option?  That doesn't make any sense.

Also, why in the heck would you age-restrict chat?  Are you high?

Things such as vent/ts etc. I feel adequately handle guild communications. 

However, I think what would be bad ass is a directionally based voip system built into the game as well.  With the in-game voip, you could only hear people within "earshot" range.  Of course, it would just be another option for communication.  Along with text and 3rd party stuff like vent.

Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

built in voip would be great. guilds can still use their own platforms should they choose, but native voip would be a great tool for solo players, short-term groups, or any other players that don't have the resources to procure their own platform

but plz no earshot range open mic channels

NFC 4 LYFE / KNIGHTS OF SILVERMOON / LEGACY OF BRUTALITY / CULT OF THE HY'PHY / THE REPTILIANS

nUWOFCL.png

Even better. Different races and/or factions having different languages like in SWG. Take the time to learn it if you'd like. Otherwise you have no clue what they are saying. In-game voice chat would ruin that.

Only local and shout for chat. Mass communication for guilds, etc. can be handled through in game mail or out of game. Trading can be done via marketplaces where you hawk your wares or post them on market boards. I want more realism than world-spanning chat can give me. And if it makes the game more "difficult" fine by me.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Why can we only select a single option?  That doesn't make any sense.

Also, why in the heck would you age-restrict chat?  Are you high?

Shoutouts to my first hater in Crowfall, GG

Range restricted /tell /say and /yell.

Local/party voice chat only, possibly filtered by language so party chat still audible but not intelligible if you don't have the requisite language. 

All guild/clan/faction communication restricted to messenger/mailbox service.

Regional announcements notified by horncall (BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP) in-game and you have to go find a crier or some siimilar in-game to find out what the announcement was. 

Also, thorough ostracizing of any guild/clan/faction that uses 3rd part VOIP programs to circumvent the limitation on in-game communications. 

To be a "stick-in-the-mud" parent, if the game is not going to be 18+ only, then I think there needs to be some restrictive options.  I don't even let my kids have open chat on W101 and I am totally in favor of restricting their communication on any platform.  As one who has been using online communications since 1981, I know exactly what/who/why is out there, and I personally also don't relish the rather "adult" conversations some of my friends relay on the games they play (Final Fantasy? WoW? etc.) where it can get a bit too "edgy" and away from pure gaming for my tastes.

:ph34r: ChaosMUD Icey - Flamey - The Original Falmea   :ph34r:  W101: A few wizards you don't know  :ph34r:

:rolleyes: digital antagonist since 1981 - @mayaREguru  :rolleyes: