Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phatcat09

Campaigns Of Mazes With Rare Reagents Inside.

I think it would be cool to have expansive mazes with rare reagents inside for players to find. These would make for some cool short/midterm campaigns with unique interactions for players to have skirmishes in as they all look for the hidden treasure room. 

Just a thought.

Edited by phatcat09

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

puppy punch Count: 28

I think it would be cool to have expansive mazes with rare reagents inside for players to find. These would make for some cool short/midterm campaigns with unique interactions for players to have skirmishes in as they all look for the hidden treasure room. 

Just a thought.

I knew it!   A thread about mazes. Was only a matter of time. http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/3892-this-game-is-mazing/?p=95456

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I don't see why not. Camelot Unchained is gonna have The Depths, which is gonna be an underground maze of sorts, so Crowfall could probably easily have something like that too.

7ug90hM.png

I think this is more of a Labyrinth novelty where players may enjoy 1 or 2... then it'll get tedious.  Perhaps a maze with the Voxels... it can be destructible. At that point, ACE just needs to make a campaign where it's a massive voxel block with random areas carved out... the paths don't have to intersect.... or a clear connected path from one end to another. 

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

all good by me if these mazes get challenging environmental traps according to how great the treasures are inside

risk/reward.

Edited by Tipsy

all good by me if these mazes get challenging environmental traps according to how great the treasures are inside

risk/reward.

No, they should be easy and unchallenging. In fact the mazes should only consist of 2 walls in parallel. With the option to teleport to the center if you get bored.

Edited by phatcat09

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

risk/reward.

I wouldn't put traps... having the embargo circle embedded randomly in the maze block is reward enough.  No need to over-complicate it, since PvP is still the primary focus, not avoiding traps.

Or a group of players could be dropped in the wilderness while it is pitch dark, and then they can find either fresh loot or their grave 

or any number of the internet's folklore monsters (slender being the most prevalent)

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

Instead of regular mazes with no reason why someone would have built them or hidden unguarded treasure down there, I'd like to see the ore veins in mines laid out in a maze pattern. And deep inside the maze of ore veins, there could be occasional caverns (natural or otherwise) with boss monsters inside. These one-time opportunities for rare reagents and maybe artifacts would be very challenging and likely to kill the first group of miners "lucky" enough to stumble upon them.   B)

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Instead of regular mazes with no reason why someone would have built them or hidden unguarded treasure down there, I'd like to see the ore veins in mines laid out in a maze pattern. And deep inside the maze of ore veins, there could be occasional caverns (natural or otherwise) with boss monsters inside. These one-time opportunities for rare reagents and maybe artifacts would be very challenging and likely to kill the first group of miners "lucky" enough to stumble upon them.   B)

God Did it 

/discusssion

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

A maze world would definitely interest me...I mean its not a new concept but I haven't seen it done in a game.

I swear though, if there's some tween romance drama I'm going to burn it all down.

or any number of the internet's folklore monsters (slender being the most prevalent)

yea,and when you've drawn the attention of slender you're in for trouble ..but how will one notice slender?

Don't talk about Slender or we're gonna have little girls stabbing other little girls again.

As for mazes I like the idea, but it's easily something that could be built in your EK though. I think it'll be pretty popular to have competitions like this ran by guilds who invite the public to come and compete. 

I swear though, if there's some tween romance drama I'm going to burn it all down.

You should stay close to the hedges... you glitter in the light.

Just a thought.

I just watched The Maze Runner last night too!

Edited by Zeonx