Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So Winter Finally Happened [Whatcha Think's Gonna Happen?]

lord

Oh man. So I don't know how the weather was where y'all are, but it certainly wasn't this cold earlier this year. Haha.

I feel like if I spill water it'll turn to snow before it even hits the floor.

Hope y'all are staying warm.

Man. I'm really excited to see how this plays out. Don't get me wrong, I definitely like playing the more simple "kill something get experience" but they're promising something that'll use strategy and I love that.

I'd really like to see some good co-op with this. I mean, if it's going to be a MMO let's do something besides "slash and gash as a group."

But I'm not even sure what to expect. Y'all have any good speculation?

What would y'all like to see?

(Also: Always looking for friends, so add me if ya like.)

I froze this morning!   it was negative 7 without wind chill!  

also really looking forward to see how the strategy mashes up with the hack and slash.  hoping groups will be able to accomplish real goals that THEY set and make happen simply because they wanted to.  sounds like this will be a friendly immersive experience so far!

Yeah, sounds like here. Haha. I'm so glad that I stayed on the ship. I'd have called in and said "screw it" if I had to walk across the pier this morning.

Geez. I'm cold indoors.

I really would like to see a world that changes based on player descisions. That'd be super awesome!

I mean, static worlds can be pretty and full of lore, but I see a lot of promise in a site that allows you to contribute something.

I hope it is more friendly and immersive! Looking forward to a nicer community too.

Chiberia has arrived. 

That's exactly how I  felt in Chicago last year. Geez. It was ridiculous! They closed down our entire NAVAL STATION up there.

cute

MN can get to -60's if the winds strong enough, the feeling of your tears freezing is pretty unconfortable. 

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

@aperion - Haha! Aw man suck. I dealt with -40 last year and that was good enough for me. I do not envy you at all. Hell. If you want, you can come down here. It's a toasty -5 degrees!

Last year, we had tons and tons of snow.

Now, we get a LIGHT DUSTING on Tuesday AFTERNOON and the sky has the AUDACITY to start snowing at 6:15, which was after the "acceptable" time to give a two hour delay. *Slaps superintendent*  Plus this past week has been around single digits, but now that the temp goes up we might get snow. -.-

I just want some snow to cancel or delay school. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?

thangyyy_zpsfc2cd9cc.png

cute

MN can get to -60's if the winds strong enough, the feeling of your tears freezing is pretty unconfortable. 

Quoted for truth.

While we don't quite get it that bad, it's been ridiculously cold in the Syracuse Ny area the past couple of years.  I'm fortunate though, if I lived just an hour north of my current location I'd be getting 3-5 feet of snow this weekend.

I've also lived in Iceland, which has gotten the cold as badly if not worse than MN...human flesh freezing was part of the announcement on the weather conditions over there.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

Isn't Greenland the cold one tho? delf1_3.gif

Edited by aperion

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

Isn't Greenland the cold one tho? delf1_3.gif

The saying goes Greenland is ice and Iceland is green...it's half right, Greenland is ice...Iceland does have some green but it's kind of a big black rock with some glaciers, volcanoes, boiling mud pits, hot springs, geysers, heated lakes, waterfalls...and some green.

It only got to 60 degrees twice in my 2.5 years there.  The ambient temperature wasn't crazy cold but there weren't many trees on the island so the wind just whips across at like 40 mph every day.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili