Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zeonx

After We Hit 1.5Mil Next Stretch Goal? Ships/naval Combat?

Would you like to see Crowfall with naval combat?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Crowfall with naval combat?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you like to see naval combat as the next Stretch Goal?

• Yes, if it's possible.
    • No

I am not a pirate by any means, but theres something about boarding and enemy vessel in the middle of the ocean winning a 2v1 and sailing away with your new ship/raft.

And if they are gonna put in ships might as well have some epic naval battles, right?

I personally think Crowfall would do naval combat better than most other games and that's for one reason, POIs. An example of bad naval combat would be Darkfall, the ship v ship combat itself wasn't terrible but the issue was lack of population on the sea. With Crowfall's emphasis on POIs the necessary population can be achieved. Look at Archeage for example, not the best pvp game but their oceans were pretty populated from all the fishers, pack runners, and those looking to kill them.

Imagine a group of players using their ship to bring back a supply of unrefined ore from a mine they discovered in the middle of the ocean. Now imagine your group of friends engaging them about halfway back to shore killing them, claiming their ship and ore/loot.

Or how about island strongholds?

There are so many ways Crowfall can create ocean population without deviating from what their current vision appears to be. I also have a feeling there are a few Devs who would love to see naval combat.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? 

Edited by Zeonx

It would be interesting to see what winter does for the waters / if you can even be in them during that time. I think having naval combat could be cool, but I don't know if I want them as my next stretch goal. So I'm going to choose not to partake in the poll, since you're asking two questions here.

It would be interesting to see what winter does for the waters / if you can even be in them during that time. I think having naval combat could be cool, but I don't know if I want them as my next stretch goal. So I'm going to choose not to partake in the poll, since you're asking two questions here.

Adjusted the poll.

Well I think the next stretch goals are going to be for adding the other campaigns. 

The Archage naval battles are great though, I'd love for Crowfall to build off of that. It would only add more fun PvP and crafting / hauling opportunities, what's wrong with that?

Well I think the next stretch goals are going to be for adding the other campaigns. 

The Archage naval battles are great though, I'd love for Crowfall to build off of that. It would only add more fun PvP and crafting / hauling opportunities, what's wrong with that?

Pretty much what I was thinking. The potential is there and I bet it would pull in SO many players.

Hmmm could be nice if we have a map like the Island map from AoE with loads of water and no way to get to other islands without ships, I did love ArcheAge naval combat so wouldn't mind it being here.

...obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken. "***** ******"
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. "Alexander the Great"

Strange,was thinking about naval combat yesterday..a change of fields might be nice now and then,when it comes to combat...Perhaps Naval combat has rulesets of its own..Like if your ship sinks your screwed.If you manage to catch a traitor you can make him/her walk the planks as a captain,y'arrrrrr

Archeage naval combat is probably the best I've ever seen.

Sport-fishing is very profitable, hence there are lots of ships in the sea at anytime.. centered around hot spots with rare fish. Among the kinds of ships available, one of them actually uses an HARPOON to lock and follow enemy ships. Sadly everything else in the game (except trade runs) sucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X57njmgP2V0

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Naval combat feels like expansion content to me, just based on the budget as it stands. It adds a whole pile of additional resources, so while I'd love it, I don't think it's stretch goal material for the core module. 

I wouldn't want it to be haphazard, thrown in, or detract from the core gameplay.

Naval combat feels like expansion content to me, just based on the budget as it stands. It adds a whole pile of additional resources, so while I'd love it, I don't think it's stretch goal material for the core module. 

I wouldn't want it to be haphazard, thrown in, or detract from the core gameplay.

Good points, but I feel the crowd that would come just for Naval Combat would be large enough to warrant having this sooner rather than later. Obviously it can only be done when they have the resources to do it thigh.

Adding in naval combat at this stage may derail the production of Crowfall, if anything they can start to consider it later on down the road after the games already released, maybe the first big update?

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

Adding in naval combat at this stage may derail the production of Crowfall, if anything they can start to consider it later on down the road after the games already released, maybe the first big update?

This is kinda what I have been thinking. After a campaign or two at release.

I like naval combat, and I had a lot of fun with it in Archeage and a little bit in Darkfall, but I think that making it the next stretch goal is unrealistic. Perhaps later on down the road.

But I would like to see it in game.

$1.5M stretch goal = Dying Worlds removed from the game.  Eternal Kingdoms suddenly matter.

Really though, I would prefer airships.  Guinecean paratroopers.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

$1.5M stretch goal = Dying Worlds removed from the game.  Eternal Kingdoms suddenly matter.

Really though, I would prefer airships.  Guinecean paratroopers.

I second that but that will involve bird-view graphic too which will be quite a handful.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post