Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kickstarter Campaign Slowdown Woes

What? It's not really slowing down. It's slowed down compared to the first boost, but that's normal. But the increase of pledges has actually been fairly steady, not great, but good enough to reach the caravan and mounts stretch goal at least without any worries.

This pace is fairly typical for this type of project. If they keep up their updates and all that, it will maintain it's steady rate and quite probably have a big boost at the end.

I think it will pick up.

I for one have not committed...yet.

I fully plan to support this game, and I wager there are a few others like myself who haven't backed yet but will.

I personally am looking for a little more info (not that we may see much more than we have now before the KS ends)

Still, I will support, and hopefully others will also as they wait to see more...

Ummm....no.  Slowdown is normal.  Geez, is this the first time you people have done this?

Troll or back a kickstarter? :-p

I fully plan to support this game, and I wager there are a few others like myself who haven't backed yet but will.

I personally am looking for a little more info (not that we may see much more than we have now before the KS ends)

Just curious, what info are you looking for? Being vague helps no one.

Also with kickstarter you can pledge and then cancel before the campaign ends. I've "backed" hundreds of campaigns that I've decided I didn't really need in my life at the end.

Sitting on a Sapphire early-bird and can't decide if the rewards are worth it myself.

The lack of donations is probably associated with users hoping for more information about Crowfall to come out first before they donate. So they might probably donate near the end of the kickstarter.  

This always happens with Kickstarter.... The initial rush of donations is due to the fanbase of previous titles that was waiting for the countdown to finish... Now alot of regular people are waiting for more information about the game to decide if its worth pledging to.

We will see more people backing the game in the last 10 days, just so they will get the backer-rewards, and a last rush when its 48-72hrs left.

Weak Stretch goals = slowdown

snow-miser-o.gif

The stretch goals are kind of bleh.  I give zero custards about new mounts, mounts with breasts or any of the other crap mentioned besieds the graphics update which in my eyes shouldn't be a stretch goal. 

Give us us some meaningful stretch goals. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

As others have said this behavior is quite normal for Kickstarters.

While "new and awesome" stretch goals might help, there is almost certainly going to be a last minute surge. This almost always happens with both fully funded and underfunded Kickstarter campaigns. 

There are also quite a few people saving up their $ in order to pledge at the highest tier they can afford.  You will see their burst within the last 7 days.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

I don't see the KS campaign going much slower than a normal campaign does but this is my first KS for a gaming project so I could be wrong.

I think the initial flood of support was outside the normal KS pattern and so the slowdown now seems more dramatic.

I also agree that there are folks on the fence because of the lack of info (EK, crafting system details, combat info etc.).

The stretch goals also seemed to go off in the wrong direction somehow.  I'm not sure what made them think that waiting on making the rulesets part of the stretch goals was a good idea. 

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I think there will be one or two more reveals before the timer is done. There are over 19,000 signed up in the Crowfall Community, I think they want to see a little more before they pull the trigger, I know it will happen. We will hit 12,000 and 1.3 million it is just one big reveal away. :)

Edited by thorbeinn

This happens in every kickstarter I've paid attention to. Large initial support which wains in the middle and usually another explosion towards the end. 

At the pace here, I'll post my prediction to be 1.6 mil. 

Edited by unknownxv

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.

- Nietzsche

The stretch goals are kind of bleh.  I give zero custards about new mounts, mounts with breasts or any of the other crap mentioned besieds the graphics update which in my eyes shouldn't be a stretch goal. 

Give us us some meaningful stretch goals. 

They are meaningful. The point isn't new mounts, it's mounts at all. The fancy new mounts you get are just an incentive. 

"Remember: the greatest fault of a human being is to imagine oneself to be flawless; the next greatest is to imagine that acceptance of one’s faults negates said faults."