Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nymvincyx

Weapons, Warfare, and Decay

Some ideas:

Everything decays, this includes armor and weapons...if a player finds a particularly fine item...it can be preserved as an ornament, but if used will eventually decay and break. However, the look of any item may be learned by a skilled artisan..so if a player loves the way the "fire axe" looks...others can be created with the same look...however, any special attributes will have to be reapplied...or earned. This allows a "look" that can be original to a character.

Battle will make weaponry and armor decay faster, however, it can be repaired up to a certain point and some damage may be irreparable (stats would be maintained but durability could be permanently decreased, requiring more frequent repair).

This will make it necessary to carry extra weapons/armor or have a weaponry depot nearby. This increases the chances that a player could fall with a rare item that may be stolen or taken in battle.

A weaponry/armor depot could be placed at a siege site and have a certain amount of protection in battle, giving both sides another valuable target to fight for, if the depot is captured in battle the crafting patterns for any rare items available through the depot would become the property of the capturing guild. The depot would allow repair during battle or in the case of weapon breakage new weaponry and storage for personal specialty weapons for guild members, the risk would be that if the depot is destroyed those weapons are destroyed and the capturing guild will receive the pattern for any weapons stored.

Siege weaponry should also be subject to decay/damage, maintenance, and repair, unmaintained equipment/weaponry is subject to breakage. During warfare the depot will also be able to repair siege weaponry.

Siege weaponry should be necessary to destroy any walls or buildings, if a player should decide to use a weapon to help damage something, it will be hard on the battle weapon causing increased wear and tear.

You and I are on the same wavelength! I said something simular here: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/204-original-ideas-we-want-in-crowfall/

But you really thought about this more than I have.  I like that it may be easier damaged the more it is used. It'd be cool to see the damage effect the actual graphics too. :'D

If my bow of epic awesomeness decays i would just die! However, I will pay RL cash to restore it!

Well if your bow of epic awsomeness can only be created by the epically awesome weapon smith.....it helps the game economy, but, if it lasts forever, he/she eventually runs out of customers...and there is now a surplus of bows of epic awesomeness

If my bow of epic awesomeness decays i would just die! However, I will pay RL cash to restore it!

Well then a maxed out weaponsmith could repair it for you at a large price...

Also it would make a lot of sense if your "Bow of Epic Awesomeness" decayed slower because it was a rare item and a "Rusty Dagger" could decay WAY faster because it was a poorly made grey item