Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arawulf

One Month Left In The Campaign & You Realize You're Teamed Up With Dum Dums

Since it's FFA, I'd just sneak into the bushes and start ganking stragglers. No idea on what's going to be considered a victor in the Dregs ruleset. But if it's K/D or by lives, there's easy ways to get around that outside of relying on a team.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I would stay there if I am am playing with my guild, or play an alt if I was alone on that one.

As for taking resources to the EKs, getting nothing out of a Campaign is only rough if I intended to play in others with import possibilities. I like a fresh start (and starting a new one by running around naked in the wilds...) 

Edited by Krethys

oiPOxr.jpg

Proud Member of KDS -

Recruitment Post - Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

Ok so your team is fustilarians and won't listen to reason. They are running around like decapitated chickens and after 5 months of campaigning you've got sfa.

I'd be trying to learn from my experience. Step 1.

Next campaign I'd be trying to take some initiative with leadership organisation. Step 3.

Notice how I left out Step 2? Step 2 is up to you as to how you wanna deal with the circle jerks ... personally, I'd be taking my clown killers with me to correct their thinking.

hqdefault.jpg

288mqgz.png

Losing is all part of the fun. It's not exciting if you never do. In this scenario, however, I would think that the nature of the prolonged Campaign would probably give rise to some allegiance and power shifts that might not happen in more traditional game types. I think we might see a lot more allegiance-shifting as time goes on, and deals being made between rival underdogs to unite against dominant teams/guilds. They are really sort of encouraging it, seemingly, which is perfectly in line with the "throne war" approach. I plan to form ties with players whose play styles I respect, and if that means being a bit... fluid whilst finding them, so be it. Got no time for turd-polishing. 

the whole problematic presented here is why i,and from what i have seen many others,don't want to have fix goals that have to be met to be successful in this game.

i don't mind having a win condition for the campaigns,but please don't make winning in the campaigns too important.

it will limit the possibilities of what is an ''affordable'' playsytle,not because certain play styles aren't profitable or anything,but they just don't serve the purpose of winning a campaign good enough.

this game is advertised as SANDBOX,you know the characteristic of a sandbox?

its the nonexistence of goals and regulations,which in turn lead to player generated content.

if you give people a fix goal,you rob them of the possibility to create their own content,related to their own personal goals.

because they will measure every possible playsytle,in their respective usefulness for the ultimate goal of conquering and winning a campaign.

Edited by kampfbock

the whole problematic presented here is why i,and from what i have seen many others,don't want to have fix goals that have to be met to be successful in this game.

i don't mind having a win condition for the campaigns,but please don't make winning in the campaigns too important.

it will limit the possibilities of what is an ''affordable'' playsytle,not because certain play styles aren't profitable or anything,but they just don't serve the purpose of winning a campaign good enough.

this game is advertised as SANDBOX,you know the characteristic of a sandbox?

its the nonexistence of goals and regulations,which in turn lead to player generated content.

if you give people a fix goal,you rob them of the possibility to create their own content,related to their own personal goals.

because they will measure every possible playsytle,in their respective usefulness for the ultimate goal of conquering and winning a campaign.

if your personal goal is to conquer and become the most powerful ruler of all times,thats all fine,but don't force it upon people,people should still be able to trade and craft,without having to worry about reaching the goal of conquering the campaign world in the end.

crafting and trading because thats what they want to do,not because its just a way to become the ruler of everything in the end and thus win the campaign.

i wouldn't mind it having something like a official goal for the campaigns in the end,it is just the degree of enforcement it comes with that could be problematic for sandbox gameplay.

if the goals are inflexible and only offer one way to win(conquering everything) and if this is then further enforced by rewarding people with a lot of stuff,that makes winning next time even easier,or makes everyone depended on winning campaigns to be successful in the EK,then this is too much.

it would destroy the sandbox character of the game.

but if the goals are something like a point score,in which you can score with any kind of play style,like points being scored over generated profits,or successful done trade,scoring with crafting and then of course scoring with conquering,then it would allow people to freely do what they prefer,without being forced into few certain playsytle.

Edited by kampfbock

I'd play my alt character. Problem solved.

• Campaigns will need to be staggered and hopefully new ones start at least every week. The more players the more frequency.
  • Each character should be able to join or not join campaigns individually.
  • This makes extra character slots useful, but still not a requirement.

Not really fair to your team mates though. Even if you lose, you have to play till you lose to make it fair. In some games, this is a form of cheating on campaigns.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

hmm I've been thinking about how characters will be able to passively train stuff and how alts could make themselves useful.
Perhaps there could be a mission list for each faction alts can sign up for.

You play one character while your alts are used as reinforcement for achieving other goals of the faction,kinda like passively training skills.while you go offline.
But your alts cant be played for the duration they are on a mission.

This would probably also help losers licking their wounds

Edited by Tipsy

I think you have to add something to that question.

What would you do, if you were playing on a permanent server, and you were playing with idiots AND had lost all your cities?

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

I think you have to add something to that question.

What would you do, if you were playing on a permanent server, and you were playing with idiots AND had lost all your cities?

it wouldn't matte,since it is a permanent world,in a permanent world you always have the possibility to improve your situation again,after taking a beating.

aslong as they implement the mechanics that allow for the decline of hegemonies that is.

otherwise it will become an uncle bob scenario.

heres a link on an approach on how to deal with uncle bob

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/3779-another-approach-on-how-to-prevent-uncle-bobpermanent-worlds/

Edited by kampfbock

IMO im a sucker for punishment if like in the OP was on my second loss because I felt like my Dum Dums were the reason I was losing then I would have to talk to said dum dums and say after this were done im offski. Finding a new group of Dum Dums, who hopefully know what there doing and if im honest . 

On a personal note unless u need ur EK to be the best baddest EK in the universe or u r overly obsessed with loot which guess what will break eventually anyways I would just hope I could go into and any campaign with a bunch of buds and have fun wailing on people killing destroying and taking control of my own little corner 

Hey just Shout Bremmen and he will, Rise and Destroy the people you wish decimated :o

I would like to put forward a possible solution to the entire quandary: 3 month campaign, weekly "winners".

Every seven days (or something) compute the rankings, and allow some percentage of export based on those rankings.

Now, even if your dum dums are harshing your mellow, it's only a one game out of the season - you can try to work with said dum dums to improve, bugger off to some other team, or kill them all and go solo for next week. ;)

I feel like over time this will balance itself out. If it bothers you that much that you won't get much if anything out if it then you'll likely play on Campaigns with less strict rulesets. Thats what I see is good about having those different rulesets, players can pick ones that suit them best.

Honestly though I think that a Ruleset with 0% export will ultimately not be very popular. Yeah sure there might be enough hardcore tryhards to fill one or two of those Campaigns but IMO the vast majority of Campaigns will be filled with those of a more wider spectrum of playstyle.

I would try to get better collectively as a group. There is four weeks left to try and ruin someone elses day.

Unless my community was irretrievably broken, or just generally ignorant and argumentative, I would stay. It may be required to go to easier campaigns in the future to work out coordination and mechanics, or just to bring home loot to my EK(If that is something I give a damned about). 

As long as I enjoy the community, that's all that really matters. If I fail in the campaign, so be it. As long as the gaming/social experience is fun, I could care less about the "phat lootz".

Not everyone will win.

The captain must go down with his ship. :)  It could be worse. Loss is demoralizing, but can be helpful, if you learn about why you or your guild lost. 

The captain must go down with his ship. :)  It could be worse. Loss is demoralizing, but can be helpful, if you learn about why you or your guild lost. 

It does gives guild battles a much crueler scenario and people won't carelessly join a guild. And in most cases there won't even be a guild leader due to lack of recruit which troubles me about reserved guild name since a lot of backers won't be able to make a guild.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

I feel like over time this will balance itself out. If it bothers you that much that you won't get much if anything out if it then you'll likely play on Campaigns with less strict rulesets. Thats what I see is good about having those different rulesets, players can pick ones that suit them best.

Honestly though I think that a Ruleset with 0% export will ultimately not be very popular. Yeah sure there might be enough hardcore tryhards to fill one or two of those Campaigns but IMO the vast majority of Campaigns will be filled with those of a more wider spectrum of playstyle.

Exactly.

Time will sort out what rulesets will be left.

The simple solution is already in place.

If you leave, you won't get anything at all. And they already talked about participation influencing how much you can bring out.

I agree w Pang

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015