Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

One Month Left In The Campaign & You Realize You're Teamed Up With Dum Dums

I usually try to gang togheter with dum dums I enjoy losing with.

But if you expected to win and oyu didn't, well then I try to learn and teach. And do it better the next time.

1) I don't think the Dregs campaign is going to be that straight forward. I have no idea how any of this is going to be displayed to people, or how it is even going to work. But the Dregs make it sound like factions live/die all the time. I am sure if some group is winning, it won't be long until 95% of the server crushes them.

2) I think all these export/import rules are going to be changing a lot. I am fine with the "winning and losing" and all that. But if I am spending months doing something, only to get absolutely nothing out of it? I am probably going to move on after a few campaigns. There should be some kind of performance scale or something.

I have about a million and one questions, and I am sure ACE can't even answer them all yet. Either way, the current systems definitely seem like a WIP, and I am sure large changes will happen as we test and refine the game into the release product.

Vidrak - Member of

mael4.jpg

We will see the full spectrum.  People will take out their frustration somehow.

• Drama queens will burn out of the game leaving a fiery trail behind them
  • Rage-quitters will just leave (self-imposed time-out can be a healthy thing)
  • Vindicators will find a way to punish the other team
  • Tyrants will find a way to punish their own team
  • Bullies will find someone weaker and more vulnerable to pick on
  • Idealists will self-flagellate in an attempt to improve

However, rage is not boredom.  We will have our tantrums and then return like moths to the flame.

Edited by Nazdar

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

If I'm on the loosing team with dums dums I'll do just what i think will be doing normally:

Tracking your caravan and having fun with the combat mechanics.

And eating, nobody wants the hunger right

2whf87a.jpg

Dregs are a free for all.

That means every man to himself. So that means whatever Dum Dums you're with... that's just a gentlemen's arrangement. You can kill anything that moves. What's stopping you?

On that note, I can see how 'gentlemen's arrangements' will dominate a free for all environment, because 7vs1 makes fights silly. So your group murders other lone wolves until it finds a bigger group, and then you die. Or, if you are the biggest group on the server, at the end of the campaign you still HAVE TO KILL EACH OTHER to find out which ONE PERSON gets all the loot, and everyone else walks away with nothing.

It's a free for all. Last man standing, right?

And on that note, I'm pretty sure Dregs campaigns will be very short. A week, tops. Maybe even as short as an evening per match.

Can you imagine? 10,000 people enter, three months later, 1 of them wins and 9,999 lose?

Ouchies.

Edited by Roxfall

Greatswords for Frostweavers 2015! For great justice! And swords.

P.S. I like swords.

People will always take the path of least resistance.

Option 1:

Super alliances get formed in an attempt to out-zerg the the opponent and game becomes 2 faction themepark or even worse there is just 1 superpower guild that everyone joins to ensure the win. Bandwagoning by joining the winning side is commonplace in MMOs.

Option 2:

After 6 months of losing the vast majority of people will go to a different campaign or more likely just quit. Very few people are William Wallace and will actively make the choice to waste their own time to prove how 'hardcore' they are. If Hardcore = masochist with no personal standards then good luck keeping the game alive.

RPG players subconsciously crave rewards and if they can't get them then they will consider the game bad.

Edited by RolexSweep

Dregs are a free for all.

That means every man to himself. So that means whatever Dum Dums you're with... that's just a gentlemen's arrangement. You can kill anything that moves. What's stopping you?

On that note, I can see how 'gentlemen's arrangements' will dominate a free for all environment, because 7vs1 makes fights silly. So your group murders other lone wolves until it finds a bigger group, and then you die. Or, if you are the biggest group on the server, at the end of the campaign you still HAVE TO KILL EACH OTHER to find out which ONE PERSON gets all the loot, and everyone else walks away with nothing.

It's a free for all. Last man standing, right?

And on that note, I'm pretty sure Dregs campaigns will be very short. A week, tops. Maybe even as short as an evening per match.

Can you imagine? 10,000 people enter, three months later, 1 of them wins and 9,999 lose?

Ouchies.

Like I was saying, if this is how the Dregs is going to work, you will not find me wasting time in there. Rewarding 0.00001% of the population with rewards and everyone else with zero is not going to fly with anyone. I highly doubt, and hope, that winning the Dregs campaign isn't like buying a winning lottery ticket.

This isn't how any real world "war" actually works anyhow. All the Kingdoms in Game of Thrones have castles, they have weapons, they have resources. It isn't an "all or nothing" kind of thing, it never is. I think many of these mechanics are going to get changed from their initial plan ... but we will see how it actually works first :P

Edited by MattVid

Vidrak - Member of

mael4.jpg

A dregs campaign where one individual walks away with 100% loot and everybody else cries into their empty beermugs makes no sense. I suspect that the victory in the dregs will be on a guild scale, and that the defining difference between Dregs and Shadow will be that you can change guilds mid-campaign in Dregs but are faction-locked for the duration in Shadow.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

If my character can still benefit from the campain somehow (skills or XP or the like), I keep playing. Else, I keep playing, but probably much less until the next campain.

8Xk1ctm.png

logic would send me to a lower difficulty campaign... so that i could leave with SOMETHING in the event of yet ANOTHER loss.  coming home with 20% of your embargo would feel like a huge bounty after half a year of nothing

Like I was saying, if this is how the Dregs is going to work, you will not find me wasting time in there. Rewarding 0.00001% of the population with rewards and everyone else with zero is not going to fly with anyone. I highly doubt, and hope, that winning the Dregs campaign isn't like buying a winning lottery ticket.

This isn't how any real world "war" actually works anyhow. All the Kingdoms in Game of Thrones have castles, they have weapons, they have resources. It isn't an "all or nothing" kind of thing, it never is. I think many of these mechanics are going to get changed from their initial plan ... but we will see how it actually works first :P

I think these campaigns would be more about the "win" than the loot. It seems strange to have this sort of ruleset in the first place though, since the people who would play in it are going to be the same people who aren't going to care about the loot anyway. I also don't think this ruleset is going to be very popular and probably won't last. A better option might be to have no loot reward at all but perhaps something else meaningful to show that you won.