stardust

What game is everyone coming over from? SB, DF, other? POLL

764 members have voted

1. 1. What are you coming over from?

• Shadowbane
    • Darkfall
    • Shadowbane AND Darkfall
    • Other

It's about time you crawled up from the hole, or from underneath that bridge. Still taking bridge tolls?

I've softened up over the years. Now I only take tolls over the weekends, and for half the usual cost. ;)

Coming from Runescape (sort of casual sandbox) Darkfall and EvE online. Been looking towards Life is Feudal (the MMO version) and Albion online, but those both have issues. 

Albion online is too focused on groups, not the individual. It's also f2p which I dislike. I prefer a sub. Life is feudal seems quite promising, but it's a zero-fantasy world, which is less flavorful. I wonder if this game is going to be even more what I want. 

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.

- Nietzsche

I'm coming from World of Warcraft.

Current expansion is actually pretty boring, nothing to do besides raiding (and I'm more of the lore enjoyer/explorer type of player, so not really THAT interested in raiding), so I'm trying to take my mind off of it until it becomes interesting once again. I have also played some other MMOs in the past, such as:

- Guild Wars 2 (worst $50 I have ever spent on a game)

- Rift (really cool game, unfortunately the community is not the best)

- Everquest II (amazing community - one of the best I've ever seen in an online game, however the gameplay and the graphics are outdated as hell)

- ArcheAge (your typical asian MMO, grind and grind and grind once again.... didn't have enough patience to check out the housing stuff)

Shadowbane. I'm surprised to see 'Other' so dominant.

Why is that? Shadowbane and Darkfall are just 2 MMOs out of 2355256, with rather small communities at that. Are Shadowbane players the only players that are disenfranchised? I guarantee, ANY MMO you go to, you will find players looking for something different.

Coming from Eldevin right now which is an indie MMORPG. The main games I used to play in the past were RuneScape, Path of Exile, and GW2. 

Hi Agelmar :) ... And yeah, 101 guys reaction might be interesting. That said, if it ISNT like SB, my reaction will be to walk away.

This x1000

I'm looking for a "SHADOWBANE" (the concept, not the bugs or bad graphics) that doesn't grt run into the ground by poor startup, advertising, or baaaad ideas and leadership (this aimed at the following emu's, not sbg/Wolfpack)

Ps-is that the real Ashen Temper, or the guy from Magicbane, that I could never figure out if he was an imposter or not?

just sayin' here...

Shadowbane, EVE and the original...UO

tried the rest...most all of 'em....but those three are the best (i remove Darkfall due to the instant and rampant cheats the moment the game launched)

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...