Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is Crowfall supporting Limited Action bars or full set?

I tried searching this forum if anyone asked this question but I couldn't find an answer.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

From all the suggestion and player preference, most likely a limited one to begin with.

I hope its more than 5, GW2/W*/ESO makes the class feel so shallow. If I know the skill I should be able to use it at anytime unless its a weapon restricted skill and I don't have that weapon equipped. if I mage user why should I not have access to my spells at all time.

i hope they will not have fivethousend spells like some mmorpgs ;)

i like only having a few

I like lots of choices but if they artificially limited the action bars that would suck. You can limit yourself without the game forcing you to. This way we can have both worlds.

I think it was in the MMORPG video interviews, where either Todd or Gordon talked about wanting to find a balance between GW's 5 skills to WoW's 25+ skills to choose from.

Personally I found it pretty damn boring to have only a few options, so I'm happy about that. 

Gentleman Raptor

The whole point of limited action bars is to build a strategy around the skills you choose to have available. Not saying it is the only way to do things, but there should be plenty of interesting things in the world so that your action bar isn't always the most interesting or important thing you have access to.

Edited by Joziah09

The whole point of limited action bars is to build a strategy around the skills you choose to have available. Not saying it is the only way to do things, but there should be plenty of interesting things in the world so that your action bar isn't always the most interesting or important thing you have access to.

Hopefully pvp will be the most interesting but creating builds and min max strategies is pretty fun also for me.

Edited by snissel

Fortunately, in siege warfare min/maxing is less meaningful.

I don't like having only 5 skills, but I also don't like having so many that the screen is nothing but icons.

Fortunately, in siege warfare min/maxing is less meaningful.

I don't like having only 5 skills, but I also don't like having so many that the screen is nothing but icons.

Personally I think 20 is about right with consumables/mounts included in the 20. 

Edited by snissel

I don't mind AoEs so long as they're ground targets and you can GTFO of them.  (Or a single target that explodes into an AoE on impact.)

Personally I think 20 is about right with consumables/mounts included in the 20. 

I think 20-25 is about right for me.  I like to use the  -  and  =  keys as well.  Or bind something to the Backspace key since it's large and easy to hit.

yeah i also think that 20 spells/actions should do, given the fact that you have a great spell variety + active action movement like dodge/roll/block and active aiming, be it AoE, Cone, Line or whatever.

Agreed. 15-25.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I really like the idea in Albion online where spells and skills are crested into the equipment. But with the full loot system, it might be a pain to keep skills in the equipment when it comes to long duration of campaign. But perhaps we could do something similar along the line but smarter?

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

I'm hoping for 4-5 active actions during combat. I think it's the best for usability and makes the focus not memorizing a bunch of buttons.

The memorization part comes very easily after a while, if you're using keybinds instead of clicking.

Gentleman Raptor

I'm hoping for 4-5 active actions during combat. I think it's the best for usability and makes the focus not memorizing a bunch of buttons.

4-5 would make me ragequit this game before it even was released.