Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to the average person! Most people play games as a relaxing hobby, not a focus of their time.

why should there only be 1 thing though?

it's like arguing there should only be books that every bellend understands, instead of actually challenging ones, that stimulate someone's mind.

sounds a little bit pretentious, but whatever.

only catering to dumb people is certainly viable from a financial standpoint, but here's hoping that some people want their product to represent more!

Edited by freeze

See here's the thing about your argument, if you keep calling people with different tastes dumb it's hard to take you seriously. With that said, you're correct that there can be more than one thing, just as you're arguing for one I'm arguing for the other. I believe less is more, that's not because I'm any more or less intelligent than you are, but simply a preference similar to yours.

:wub:

See here's the thing about your argument, if you keep calling people with different tastes dumb it's hard to take you seriously. With that said, you're correct that there can be more than one thing, just as you're arguing for one I'm arguing for the other. I believe less is more, that's not because I'm any more or less intelligent than you are, but simply a preference similar to yours.

I'm not calling you dumb...

but preference usually stems from somewhere.

There's a reason games like LoL are being played by so many people. And certainly not just because it's f2p.

Edited by freeze

I'm not calling you dumb...

but preference usually stems from somewhere.

There's a reason games like LoL are being played by so many people. And certainly not just because it's f2p.

Yes, but people liking things that you don't doesn't make them dumb.

Yes, but people liking things that you don't doesn't make them dumb.

I never said that

I'm saying that one of the reasons to prefer something might stem from a lower intelligence.

Another reason might just be lazyness :)

Nothing bad about being either of those.

Let me just clear one thing up. None of the keybinds freeze mentioned requires you to take your hand off your mouse, nor does it mean that you can't move your character at the same time as you press those keybinds.

Even in WoW, where many terrible players exist, understand the use of efficient keybinds.

Edited by Chaptor

Gentleman Raptor

Both of those things are implied negatives, so please try to be objective about your stance.

From my perspective I could paint you as unintelligent for not understanding that humans have preference disconnected from western concepts of intelligence, or that intelligence is measured in a multitude of ways beyond what we often categorize it as. You see, opinions are never objective and we must strive to understand that we each come at problems from different perspectives. Mine isn't more or less correct than yours, it simply is and environmental factors impact how much weight one or the other holds.

You are of a stance, as am I. Share your opinion, discuss others objectively. If you result to insulting a person's argument it often reflects poorly on your own.

alright, we're going way off topic here, so my last post on the matter:

I'm not insulting anybody here. People are different, their preferences are different.

But ignoring the fact that negative factors/attributes influence that doesn't make you anymore "objective".

A lot of people prefer online shopping... know why? because a lot of them are lazy bastards! I'm not insulting them by saying that, it's simply a fact! (well minus the bastards part)

I'm respecting everybody's opinion here, regardless whether I agree with it or not. Making assumptions based on that opinion should be allowed though. Not everybody might want to hear it, and some might get offended, but that's life. It would be boring without friction :)

See Pawkette, from what has been said so far, it seems like Crowfall is being made exactly for the people who have been utterly bored with the mainstream 'average people' MMO's that have been churning out for the past 8 years. Perhaps you should find something else? But then again, the fact that I feel the need to tell you this, is incredible, considering we're simply talking about action bars and keybinds. Perhaps you're in the wrong genre of games to begin with. 

Gentleman Raptor

See the awesome thing you learn about developing games, especially with a focus on UI and UX, is that the consumer never has any clue what they actually want.

I think after decades if gaming, I can accurately give someone a clue about what kind of systems I like. Just like I wouldn't expect to go to an Audi dealership and after test driving a car the salesman telling me that even though I don't like the handling and interface, I really don't know what I want, the engineers do.

The developers have made it pretty clear they're not catering to the lowest denominator. A lot of mechanics revealed about this game are not mass appeal, and they know it's going to be niche gamers.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I prefer 20 for combat, including special combat like sieges. The remainder for non-combat related items should be around 10. I think that's about perfect for me. 

I think after decades if gaming, I can accurately give someone a clue about what kind of systems I like. Just like I wouldn't expect to go to an Audi dealership and after test driving a car the salesman telling me that even though I don't like the handling and interface, I really don't know what I want, the engineers do.

The developers have made it pretty clear they're not catering to the lowest denominator. A lot of mechanics revealed about this game are not mass appeal, and they know it's going to be niche gamers.

Thank god for that, im sick of these McDonald's MMOs that try to fit perfectly to everybodys preferences. Even though we´re just discussing action bars here :P

Subquestion here > Do you think Mods and APIs will be allowed in this game (ie: non-game breaking and nonbotting mechanics consistent with the EULA)? I am guessing no, but it's very disheartening that some of the best development and toolsets comes from the user community, but are banned for various reasons. Also, the ability to change up your UI would be nice, but that probably won't hit for a while unless they start out with frames, which is unlikely... 

Your thoughts?

You can most certainly give someone a clue, but your knowlege is limited to consumption and as such will be reflected by what you've traditionally consumed. There are reasons focus testing is widely considered flawed. Most people don't really know what they like until they see it.

If you're not interested in more of the same, perhaps you should stop asking for it.

A lot of people prefer online shopping... know why? because a lot of them are lazy bastards! I'm not insulting them by saying that, it's simply a fact! (well minus the bastards part)

I'm for sure a lazy bastard!

And I'm certain it's not because you can find MANY more options online, or compare prices of several different stores simultaneously, right?  :)

I maintain my stance, I don't want to be inundated with skills or spells...  and I don't want to only have access to just a few of them either.  Give me a comfortable medium and call me Spanky.

Edited by rhone

I'm for sure a lazy bastard!

And I'm certain it's not because you can find MANY more options online, or compare prices of several different stores simultaneously, right?  :)

I'm sure there are many reasons, but like I said, not all are of a positive nature ;)

I think 15 at most. If you give the player too many abilities at a time, then they end up having an answer to anything, which is one of the fundamental problems with WoW's combat.

If you're not interested in more of the same, perhaps you should stop asking for it.

You're telling me your 5 button concept isn't even more of the same? Every console MMO and most multiplatform anything to accommodate a gamepad, and too many recent MMORPG's are stuck in the 5-button or less category.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)