Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
headlight

Eve Online

5. There is no trick to doubling your isk. Trade at your own risk.

lol, love this. Lose some money, headlight?

In the same vein, NeverSated, do not believe or buy anything advertised in Jita local chat. Every contract or offer is a scam. If it looks too good to be true, it is. 

Find a player corporation as soon as possible. Like-minded people make the game so much more sticky.

no, I actually had a good experience in eve. I saw the stuff in the local chat and it made me laugh. some dude was actually giving away ships one day and he meant it. It wasn't fully modded out or anything, but a 500mil ISK ship for free worked. I lost the most ISK when I let my trial die.

Ahh good old eve. I stopped played once they made the new mutliboxing rules a few months back. Was a fun game for sure. Thinking about going back once the sov changes hit.

It is a time sink. Thank you for reminding me to dig out this classic pic.

Yes it is a time sink and there are a lot of fun types of time sinks in it.

It is a time sink. Thank you for reminding me to dig out this classic pic.

I logged my first few hours over the weekend and I can already see just how much of a time sink it could be.  As a time sink though, it certainly seems to have a plethora of options for how to spend your time.  I've barely gotten my feet wet but I'm pretty excited, though that could obviously change.

71431_original.jpg

... a plethora of options for how to spend your time. 

Spinning the ship in station was the most popular option

No one knows yet. 

I'm bored, have money to burn and don't want to go suicide ganking stuff in a catalyst (again).

Anyone have an idea how to get a ridicliously tanky civilian ship? I'm thinking orca but other suggestions would be welcome, too.

Planning on trolling along the uedama route, baiting some suiciders.

Getting the freighter skills on an alt that also has the defensive skills to make that possible might take a week or two, but it is not like I have anything more important to skill up.

Constant optimism will not solve your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

I'm bored, have money to burn and don't want to go suicide ganking stuff in a catalyst (again).

Anyone have an idea how to get a ridicliously tanky civilian ship? I'm thinking orca but other suggestions would be welcome, too.

Planning on posting along the uedama route, baiting some suiciders.

Getting the freighter skills on an alt that also has the defensive skills to make that possible might take a week or two, but it is not like I have anything more important to skill up.

Hull tank a Gallente industrial and put tech 2 drones in it to lure unsuspecting expensive tech 2 frigattes into shooting you, to then get ruined when they try to brake though your stupidly tanky hull!

Also works with destroyers too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u73iFFlNhAU

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

why do twitch streamers feel the need to vape. Just put in a fog machine

He was drinking a kind of fruit juice that comes in bottle that has it's own straw that creates a vapor.  He is aware that from the angle of the camera and the way he holds it, that it appears like a bong.  But could of fooled me ...

Also you only wish you were as cool as him, I mean here is this streamer who is streaming the game without anything on the screen to attempt to prevent people ganking him, out in null sec on a 20 day old character in an industrial ship fighting a player who is 2 years old in a tech 2 interceptor and beating the guy.  The only assistance he has is a friend tolling his opponent with party fireworks launchers.

Edited by Psyctooth

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

why do twitch streamers feel the need to vape. Just put in a fog machine

omg a fog machine while streaming... I want to see this now...

Hull tank a Gallente industrial and put tech 2 drones in it to lure unsuspecting expensive tech 2 frigattes into shooting you, to then get ruined when they try to brake though your stupidly tanky hull!

Also works with destroyers too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u73iFFlNhAU

This is great, exactly what I was looking for.

I'll replace the offensive drones for some hull maintenance drones, since I'll bait hisec heroes I just have to survive until they get concordoken'd, not kill them myself. Probably gonna need them, too, since suiciders sometimes operate in packs and probably deal a bit more damage then a lone frigate that also has to care about its tank.

Cheers Psy, now I know what I'll get.

Might post results if I manage to harvest some tears.

Think so, yeah.

I know you can loot them if you ding them with something first, but no idea if you can loot them if you stay totally passive.

@headlight and DFDelta: Anything with a criminal flag when it dies is fair game for loot by anyone.

As for fun things to do while solo, ninja salaging/looting, which someone mentioned earlier, is still pretty viable.  The scanning skills (real player, not just character, skills) you get from that will carry on throughout the rest of the game.  If you get bored of just taking carebears stuff, check out mission runner baiting; killing someones fancy battleship with a frigate that's not even meant for combat is pretty awesome.

That said, yes, EVE requires a time investment, but its not necessarily an in game one.  There are plenty of things you can do, and do well, with only a couple hours a week of play time, but you need to put in some time outside of that reading up on the game and thinking about it.  EVE is perhaps the least casual game out there.  Sure you can AFK mine for hours a day, but that sucks; to stay interested you need to stay involved, whether that's reading up on ship fits, planning your next industrial venture, or coordinating with corpmates for that fleet op coming up, you have to put some time and energy in or you are going to lose interest.

The moment you let that slip, the game becomes un-fun.  It happened to me when I discovered I had a life (the weird IRL kind), but I'm an '07 player and EVE is still one of the few games I keep coming back to.

Pretty interesting article imo on MassivelyOP about a player who took advantage of a tax rate change after a patch to make a huge profit by trading PLEX (the equivalent of the VIP tickets in CF).

"The result is that probag Bear now has the ability to buy and sell over 17 trillion ISK worth of PLEX at higher profit margin than anyone else can obtain, giving him temporary control of the PLEX market and turning his 70 billion ISK investment into over 300 billion ISK profit. [...] CCP is not expected to interfere. Emergent behaviours like this are often considered part of EVE‘s sandbox gameplay, and players may yet build a low-tax trade hub citadel to nullify this market advantage." 

A friend of mine, Ben, got me into Eve.  We played World of Warcraf together and told me I had to try it.  I got pretty damn into it too for awhile there.  I lived in WH Space, ran my own High Sec indy POS, it was great.  Then Ben had a stroke and passed away and it wasn't the same anymore.  I still miss it, sometimes.  I'll keep and eye on the Eve Reddit to see how things evolve.  

Eve changes but the Goon hate seems to always stay the same haha.  

A friend of mine, Ben, got me into Eve.  We played World of Warcraf together and told me I had to try it.  I got pretty damn into it too for awhile there.  I lived in WH Space, ran my own High Sec indy POS, it was great.  Then Ben had a stroke and passed away and it wasn't the same anymore.  I still miss it, sometimes.  I'll keep and eye on the Eve Reddit to see how things evolve.  

Eve changes but the Goon hate seems to always stay the same haha.  

and then World War Bee happened and goons got torn to pieces by everyone.

after something like this, though, i'm fairly certain my efforts to wind down my eve exposure and leave the alliance i am in (Circle of Two) are the right choice. 1.2 trillion in losses is a pretty major hit. 

http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=868&b=7172310&e=255&t=GUMhqurwvr3v0vDvv9vvuvvvvfvvvvvvvvvxvvv1vvvvvvvvf

Edited by Kalus_Konkwest