Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elemutation

P101/W101 Player Stigma

Make sure you're on the Ambrose or Bartleby realms, otherwise you're just gonna be standing there with your finger up your nose.

Yeah, that's the exact reason I avoid those two realms when I have to be in WC.

Remember kids, a stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet!

I can't wait to tear SB players a new one.  I don't know which is better, facing off against them in-game or lobbying the devs for "carebear" features by using the SB qq as evidence for the need for "carebear" features.  Essentially, we could spite them and use their lobbying against them.  After all, Icywiz needs something to wash down her popcorn with.  Why not the tears of the fallen?  We must use the SB players as our tribute to her so that she won't visit her icy wrath upon us in their stead.

I live for the rivalry.  Assuming we get the bigger alliance, we won't have to parlay with their sort.   ;) 

Some of them are entertaining, but we don't want them getting their SB in our CF.

Some good posts in this thread.

Let me just start by saying, if you haven't played a "hardcore" pvp game, you can't imagine what it's like. Being killed and looted is nothing. Ever have your corpse assaulted in a video game?

Honestly, every time I read a post from an obvious KI player, I cringe. Most W101 players will not survive in a hardcore pvp mmo. Most WILL be carebears. Notice I said most. And that is my issue, the broad generalization.

Just because someone hasn't played the old style doesn't mean they do not like it, can't survive, or can't excel. Some will. Others will cry. (Literally in RL.)

It's too early to be labelling entire populations. W101 takes carebear to the extreme, mind you, which is where the snide remarks come from. If you think otherwise, you should just keep quiet until you understand where I'm coming from. Just be patient and you will agree with me if you don't already.

Of course, take everything with a grain of salt. We don't know how hardcore CF will be. I bet not as much as SB, DF, or UO. If we have things like full loot, I'd be shocked. Thrilled! But shocked.

Let me just start by saying, if you haven't played a "hardcore" pvp game, you can't imagine what it's like. Being killed and looted is nothing. Ever have your corpse assaulted in a video game?

Honestly, every time I read a post from an obvious KI player, I cringe. Most W101 players will not survive in a hardcore pvp mmo. Most WILL be carebears. Notice I said most. And that is my issue, the broad generalization.

Just because someone hasn't played the old style doesn't mean they do not like it, can't survive, or can't excel. Some will. Others will cry. (Literally in RL.)

It's too early to be labelling entire populations. W101 takes carebear to the extreme, mind you, which is where the snide remarks come from. If you think otherwise, you should just keep quiet until you understand where I'm coming from. Just be patient and you will agree with me if you don't already.

Of course, take everything with a grain of salt. We don't know how hardcore CF will be. I bet not as much as SB, DF, or UO. If we have things like full loot, I'd be shocked. Thrilled! But shocked.

Hey, I'm hardcore. Been playing Club Penguin since I was seven. But seriously, I completely understand your point, and have played some pretty dark stuff. Things like that aren't for the faint of heart, and some KI players may be dumbfounded if they were plopped into a game of that caliber. I'm used to those games, and while others may not be yet, I bet they'll either warm up to it, or return to their comfort zone untill they are (some never will be). Although, from what J. Todd said, it seems like this game won't even breach the "R" content, for he said it is more in the "PG-13" range. I bet it'll be about as dark as a borderline "T" game, probably with swears, blood, and maybe a sexual theme or two, but not anything darker. Although, as you said, grain of salt. Still all speculation.

Remember kids, a stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet!

I can't wait to tear SB players a new one.  I don't know which is better, facing off against them in-game or lobbying the devs for "carebear" features by using the SB qq as evidence for the need for "carebear" features.  Essentially, we could spite them and use their lobbying against them.  After all, Icywiz needs something to wash down her popcorn with.  Why not the tears of the fallen?  We must use the SB players as our tribute to her so that she won't visit her icy wrath upon us in their stead.

I live for the rivalry.  Assuming we get the bigger alliance, we won't have to parlay with their sort.   ;) 

Some of them are entertaining, but we don't want them getting their SB in our CF.

Ah, Megalus. You won't believe me, but Steve and I were talking about you about ten days ago, wondering where you'd gone. There's actually a mob monster in Firefall that we call Megalus because when we first looked at its name we thought that's what it said. :)

When we talk about getting SB in "our" CF, let's remember it's ArtCraft's CF. 

"There's no way at all to avoid the terror that is human kind" ~Tully Ackland

:D

Most of them are probably eleven or something. Seriously. I would suggest just playing through the first five minutes of the game to just sit in the commons and see how weird it can get there. It's actually pretty entertaining to see how sad they are.

Challenge accepted. Maybe I can get Drogenn and a few others to go with me later tonight.

We are considered less because we

-Enjoy turn based combat

-Play a game that people are okay with ten year olds playing.

Truly, we have a lot to answer for.

It doesn't really matter.  People don't know anyone particularly well. People will continue to trash talk, claiming that the wizards/pirates are lesser who won't last.  The only way to disprove them is to very simply go into the game. Become more than passable--become exemplary as I know many of us (by us, I probably don't mean me...) are being.  And eventually the stigma will leave.  It's not that different from going into the arena and being called a noob.  You either rise to the challenge and win, or the other person--scared now that they've been called out on their ignorance--turns tail and conveniently doesn't join the match.  

No SBer who is convinced that wizards are inferior is going to change their mind before the game comes out, short of them questing and struggling through the game.  It's just how it's gonna be.  

thangyyy_zpsfc2cd9cc.png

But seriously, I completely understand your point, and have played some pretty dark stuff. Things like that aren't for the faint of heart, and some KI players may be dumbfounded if they were plopped into a game of that caliber. I'm used to those games, and while others may not be yet, I bet they'll either warm up to it, or return to their comfort zone untill they are (some never will be). Although, from what J. Todd said, it seems like this game won't even breach the "R" content, for he said it is more in the "PG-13" range. I bet it'll be about as dark as a borderline "T" game, probably with swears, blood, and maybe a sexual theme or two, but not anything darker. Although, as you said, grain of salt. Still all speculation.

Based on this above, no I don't think you get it, sorry.

No SBer who is convinced that wizards are inferior is going to change their mind before the game comes out, short of them questing and struggling through the game.  It's just how it's gonna be.  

Questing through what game?  Are you referring to W101 with that statement?  As in SB players playing W101 and "questing and struggling through the game?"  Just want to make sure I understand what you are saying first.

Make sure you're on the Ambrose or Bartleby realms, otherwise you're just gonna be standing there with your finger up your nose.

I think Wu. Send them to Wu. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

G9bs0rL.gif

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

In this context, I believe the word sheltered is not being used in the traditional sense of R rated content, and things of that nature, Maybe I am wrong, but I believe when my fellow DF players, and SB players say sheltered players they mean that other players are sheltered as in they haven't yet experienced full loot PvP, or other aspects of Hardcore PvP (perma death like Haven etc).

pirate players do experience something of the sort, a single mistake in pirates can lead to spending over 100k gold which Is half of the gold cap or being unable to play for 7-8 hours

yea my corpse has been piffered, play COD for 2 minutes and you'll be spanked at least 20 times by 5 year olds

Questing through what game?  Are you referring to W101 with that statement?  As in SB players playing W101 and "questing and struggling through the game?"  Just want to make sure I understand what you are saying first.

Yep, that's what I meant.

I think Wu. Send them to Wu. 

Or scarecow nightside :P

thangyyy_zpsfc2cd9cc.png

Or scarecow nightside :P

We could set a trap and ambush the lot of them. Dworgyn would be happy to dispose of the corpses, and Mortis would enjoy drinking their blood. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

On second thought, I'm going to opt to not respond and just leave this thread.

(And yes, I realize by replying I am technically responding, but I wanted you to know that I did see your reply.)

Locking thread.

BTW, the word "****" is very inappropriate. Plenty of other better word choices out there... I would probably overlook the following words: spanked, slammed, dunked. But yeah, ****(d), never. Please be mindful and respectful of others. Read the Forum Code of Conduct if you are ever in doubt.

The word was added to the filtered list. But I will leave it here for those who remember, so they know for the future.