Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Skyrim is a great benchmark for use of music in a fantasy-style game as far as event-timed music, good ambient backgrounds for dungeons, landscapes and cities.  Long loops, varied songs.  

Virtual instruments have come a long way from the days of Shadowbane music, but I did love the tunes from that game very much.   One thing you can always count on, from all the classic games we know and love, their music made its mark by being memorable and something we can hum along with.  As a current example, I still hear people cheering the return of old Uelman's tracks from Burning Crusade's Nagrand zone in Warlords of Draenor.  

:P  Despite the grumps who say they only mute it, I look forward to the soundtrack to come.

wwsigcrowfall.jpg
                         ~For the Honor and Memory of Ahz Badaxe~

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Orchestral music, like most video game and movie soundtracks. Fantasy themed of course.

Am I the only one who listens to Irish/river dancing type music when I pvp??? LOL   The eye of the tiger type thing just doesnt do it for me haha

It'd be cool if battle music changed for the number of players fighting in an area. Intense but not over the top battle music for skirmishes, and epic chorus for 40+ player battles. 

Am I the only one who listens to Irish/river dancing type music when I pvp??? LOL

The eye of the tiger type thing just doesnt do it for me haha

how about both..a classic Irish folk song...played by modern Musicians?

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I'm going to try to copy the SHADOWBANE music files to our client :P

Here Khal try this:

Has all the background music such as what you hear in the desert and such.

Edited by gauis

Here Khal try this:

Has all the background music such as what you hear in the desert and such.

Good God, that is horrible!  Sorry.  When it comes to music, beauty is in the ear of the beholder.

I do like that fire streaking out behind the dude as he flies.

Not quite carebear, but sort of cousin to,

meh, grumpy old lady...

Never underestimate grumpy old ladies.

This 10 days old, but I still want to talk about music..

I haven't actually finished W101 because it takes too much money to pay both W101 and P101. You can't deny that this isn't good, I also really like the P101 Marleybone theme. I haven't actually played the part of the game with that theme, but I did with the P101 one.

But this would be just epic....

Bleh videos aren't working give me a second.

Well videos aren't working so I guess, here are the names. Khrysalis: The Shadow Palace (W101), Marleybone Skyway Theme (P101), The Hobbit: Sons of Durin.

Edited by bilbo baggins

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I don't see the point in wasting the development money on it. Most players will turn it down and have their own music playing anyway.

What's the logic behind it? Why would there be music playing as I'm walking in the woods. Makes no sense. Now if I walk by a street performer or there's a bard in an inn then great, music. But out in the field? Or in battle? Talk about immersion breaking.

Save your money, skip music that few will hear anyway, spend the extra on good combat sound effects.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.