Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cirolle

Too Many Bad Guilds!

Valor. You aren't addressing the english use of words in your guilds first post.

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:51 PM

I want to join!
 Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:29 AM
Hi i wanna join Lotd my good maam and sir

We're always on the lookout for hardcore and casual killers, stop by our forums and check us out.

Its odd but something about that english use of words sort of implies you are looking for new members. People in your thread seem to be picking up on it and asking to join. Odd thing isn't it?

Research has nothing to do with the fact your post in the guild forum is needlessly vague that you "aren't recruiting for Crowfall". Would you like me to go through the rest of the 9 pages looking for other confused and under-researched people asking to join?

Not trying to pick on you, but just put up a message saying "we arent recruiting specifically for Crowfall yet". What's so confusing about putting that distinction in your thread if that is in fact the case.

Edited by scree

1. You're picking at semantics and avoiding the fact that LotD isn't recruiting for Crowfall.  Which you were wrong about.

2.  We are recruiting people in other games, which is why we left our original post vague so that if someone wanted to join LotD, they could... but in WS or AA.

3.  PvP'ers are also welcome to just hang out with us and chat about CF or play whatever casual games we are playing.  They're not core LotD, but there ya have it.

Usually when someone starts picking at semantics and assaulting someone's understanding of the English language, they've already started losing whatever argument they were in.  But, you are welcome to continue digging if you aren't able to control the need to be right about this subject when the evidence before you dictates you are wrong.

Valor sent me a PM asking me if I wanted to play with LOTD for Crowfall. I had to turn him down.

2zSM2Uo.png
Co-Host of Crowns and Crows Livestream: Every Tuesday 8:30pm EST
Follow me on Twitter: @jdodge80

Wait, so you just spent a half hour arguing with me about how you are not recruiting but then admit to being purposefully vague in your recruitment post?  I'm not picking at semantics, you were by stating you were not recruiting. I was highlight vagueness in your recruitment post, because as it turns out, thats exactly what it is. A post that recruits people for LOTD (who effing cares what game you are recruiting for). Not so confusing after all is it? Glad we could finally get a straight answer out of you about a non-issue.

I also fail to see how me diverting myself from the original argument to calling you out on this trivial diversion takes away from the original points I made. 

I will never call someone out for grammar on these forums, it IS an inane and petty thing to do. I will however, correct vagueness in the world whenever I encounter it. Consider me one of the original white knights of anti-vagueness. 

Edited by scree

Of the "veteran guilds" that posted on here, I've not seen any of them recruiting for Crowfall, simply stating their presence and watchful eye on the community.

So how is it that me calling you out on semantics, deviates from the original point again? Clearly you told a white lie by saying your not recruiting for Crowfall but you are recruiting FROM Crowfall. A slight semantic distinction. 

Not that it makes a lick of difference either way. All of this pre-launch chatter is nonsense. Everyone will get to prove themselves on the battlefield in short order.

Edited by scree

Valor. You aren't addressing the english use of words in your guilds first post.

Its odd but something about that english use of words sort of implies you are looking for new members. 

I will never call someone out for grammar on these forums, it IS an inane and petty thing to do. 

I was a victim of the word filter.

I always love the guilds that have been around since the 90s posting recruitment messages.  If your guild has been so successful over 20 years, why do you possibly need more members? The answer? Its probably because they churn through so many players its impossible to keep track of who is still playing. I'd guess every time they get into a game and get a few of their core members on board, they recruit like crazy for that game. Then when the game no longer interests them, they lose the 90% they recruited just for that game. Rinse and Repeat through the decades.

I'd guess they'd likely of had over 5000 members come through their doors over the 20 years. How many are active today?

Mass recruitment multi-game guilds always feel so zergy and impersonal to me.

Well firstly I'd like to say I'm glad that you Love the guilds that have been around since the 90's

And as I have stated before numbers don't make a successful guild! I take it your new to MMO or if not you must jump from guild to guild? Correct 

You need to understand that people move on in lifes, some like ourselves continue to game where as others want to get out doors and venture around the world on amazing luxury trips  :D. So people come and go and some don't want to jump from game to game and wish to continue playing a game the guild was last playing or past games before.

I can't speak for every guild as they have their own reasons and answers to your questions - But our guild is very mature and we have a solid hardcore group of players who coordinate and operate like were in the Navy Seals. But we get the job done and at the same time we have Fun 

Our guild is not the RusCorp, and we like to keep our numbers nice and tight. We don't zerg but our guild has so many experienced PvPer's 20 of our members could take out a group of 40. Anyways.......

I wish you the best and your new guild success in this game. Looking forward to meeting you on the battle field  :wub:

Edited by Nejikos

:D Proud Member of the Knights Of Shadow  :D 

Love PvP? Then join KoS. Hardcore PvP guild since early 2000's

KoS is recruiting checkout our wesbite at http://www.knightsofshadow.org/forums/cmps_index.php

I have been scanning the guilds advetised here, and it is really too much of a bother.

If anyone is interested in having me, please tell me why I should join you.

Keep it to a few paragraphs please, it will get too much if I have to sit and read page after page of nonsense.

(Please don't include links to your bad guild)

I want to feed the troll too! *throws troll a peanut*

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.. and gerbils on crowcaine."

54197644.jpg

Thank god.

I am glad I am not the only one that thinks that about ShadoPandauin.

Kinda creepy isn't it?

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Fun read. Not really. 

Some guilds put up recruitment posts so they can gain community traction before actually opening up a chapter. Back when I was in a huge multi-gaming organization we had to fill up at least 10-20 people who wanted to be a primary gamer in a section before we're actually open up sections. Old School guilds/organizations like LoTD usually do things officially. So I can understand what they are doing. 

Lol Scree. Just Looool.

So how is it that me calling you out on semantics, deviates from the original point again? Clearly you told a white lie by saying your not recruiting for Crowfall but you are recruiting FROM Crowfall. A slight semantic distinction. 

Not that it makes a lick of difference either way. All of this pre-launch chatter is nonsense. Everyone will get to prove themselves on the battlefield in short order.

By short order do you mean shortly? Because we're months away from being able to prove anything on a battlefield. That doesn't sound very shortly to me.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

HAD TO DO IT!  B)

54197644.jpg

Straight ForumFall'n.

Recruiting is how you keep your active numbers up between the natural ebb and flow of decent games that actually are worth playing. The last decade of MMO's has been an exercise in the fail boat. By being a Legacy Clan with an established base over decades of games and recruitment campaigns  you can weed out the pants on head special Olympic participants, spys and social pariahs and not have to worry about if you have enough people to field a solid group to go do something. The core members of the Legacy Clans usually come out of the woodwork when there is a decent title worth the time (See; Adult Life Constraints) and the numbers swell and more Glory and Beer is had.

Edit: I did not type "Wonderful Person", I typed r-e-t-a-r-d

Edited by tasorin

Interesting, I got this in a message.

I am not sure how I feel about this.

It is SECRET, which I like.

I am assuming that I am one of the select few (if not the ONLY ONE) that got this, which makes me special.

On the other hand, I have some concerns

It is NOT a guild, which leaves me stranded still.

It seems to to want to help some of the bad guilds, which I don't like.

Not knowing who they are, I can't just go and kill them in game. Which I don't like.

What to do, what to do. Such an important decision.

I am running out of time.

Sent Today, 08:13 AM

Greetings Cirolle,

You have been selected for participation, should you choose to accept, in the Crowfall secret society "Statera Aeternam". The goal of our society is to help ensure that smaller, and medium sized guilds and playgroups are viable contenders in Crowfall. We wish to prevent the stagnation that happens when massive groups rule, causing all else in their paths to join with one of a handful of power guilds or leave the game.

Please understand, Statera Aeternam is NOT a Guild. The choice of which guild you wish to join, or whomever you choose to play with is forever yours to make. We are a secret society made up of members across as many guilds and playgroups as our members wish. We do this because a guild can be attacked... A guild can fall apart....A guild can be destroyed. You can not strike at an idea. And at the core that's what we are. An idea. The idea that the game should not be always won by the biggest group.

Think of us as a cross between the Illuminati and Anonymous. We watch. We recruit. We gather intelligence. And if we think we can alter the course of a campaign to bring balance, we will do so. We will gather and centralize all information we can find on every group that we can. Schedules, Plans, Accounting information, Membership lists, Maps, Screenshots. We will pride ourselves on being the most informed group of people in the game.

In doing so, we may find opportunity for personal gain, and while this is not discouraged, this is not our purpose. We may have information we could trade, or use ourselves, but our more likely course of action would be to anonymously dump that information on competing guilds' websites to push them in a direction we want them to go. If we find a weak link in the defense of a guild we feel are getting too powerful, we can alert others to this at the most inopportune time for them.

Sometimes this may require diplomacy. If zerg guild X is a threat to dominate campaign Y we may work to negotiate alliances between smaller guilds we know of in the area. Later, we may find the alliance we fostered had grown to big for their britches and may work to undermine them. The secret society doesn't play favorites. We seek to maintain a competitive balance and knock down the oppressive big dogs whenever possible.

You need not ever reveal your in-game name to us. In fact, we suggest that none of us use the same forum name or email address for our message board. We will not have regularly scheduled meetings or any other time commitment requirements. We ask only that you believe in the cause and are committed to it. You may be a member of any guild you choose, or no guild at all. We are beginning by recruiting members that are active on the forums and show an interest in a variety of aspects of the game. PvP, Crafting, Roleplaying, Guild Leaders...We need players with varied interests in the game.

This won't be easy and will be a long process before we can see results, but we want to start establishing ground rules immediately and working as soon as we can. If you believe in this cause and would like to work to topple the big groups you are welcome to join with us.

If you are interested in hearing more, please register at the following message board and Enter the code word "rooster" into the Box that says "Request Message".
http://stateraaeternam.freeforums.net/

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

So they want to 'take down the big dawgs' by forming giant alliances?

This also seems like a convient way to spy on larger guilds. Having one or two new members who agree to funnel information to these people in the name of fair competition.

Please continue to make pen pals during this installment of CF pre-alpha ForumFall 2.0.

I'm generally more concerned about the maturity level and intelligence of guild leadership and their most zealous jingoistic members who would follow them blindly like nationalists than I am about the notion of heaps of "bad guilds" when such accusations are so broad and scathing that anyone with half a brain could easily work out it's a player thread to see if he would get a negative reaction from various guilds who are doing mass recruiting, various guilds who think more highly of themselves than they should and the usually suspects on the forum who indulge in such nonsense ...

Given this is an obvious bait/player thread ... But, I digress ...

The fact I've been mailed "join our guild" spam a few times since I've signed up here, it's becoming rather clear to me a lot of guilds are all bark and no bite and time come for the crunch I am uncertain if they have the gonads to cope with major setbacks, or in turn actually care about their membership at all. Most tend to be the same little group of people in charge on all the time with everyone they invite signing up then disappearing and never showing up again until launch and then all of a sudden you realize that everyone you invited to join your guild via mass invite tend to be people who, to put it as politely as I can, unreliable or the leadership being incapable of leading people.

Not everyone can be a leader, so you should think a bit before you decide to create a guild and to the multi-game guilds, just letting anyone start a "division" in a new game simply because they felt like it, is to be fair a very bad idea, especially if they don't have the capacity to lead.

I'll just leave these links here for people to see the darker side of guild leadership when a guild is mismanaged.

https://soundcloud.com/asldkjfsdlkjfsf/brave-middle-management-meltdown

https://youtu.be/GK2d0Zv6g3o

(Warning, contains offensive language)

When you decide to join a guild, observe its leaders under a microscope and scrutinize them with absolute prudence. Because often most drama stems from them, even that which has to do with people who break their rules because bad leadership will boot people over misunderstandings and bad communication rather than try to approach it logically.

Edited by Psyctooth

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

{Snipped for space.}

I can't agree more with everything there. (Ugh the guild section needs the Like Button back!) Even in the short amount of time since these forums opened, all of these patterns have come into play. Heck, even Lantern Watch hasn't been immune to some of them. Great observations, and the kind of thing that personally helps me to evaluate 'fault lines' as things progress. We've been pretty cutthroat removing those who sign up and then go completely silent for a month. The idea of building a guild with no game to play already comes with enough pitfalls, and the only point of having one is to build up the community, develop friendships (or acquaintanceships, depending on comfort level), and enjoy the ride of the development wait together until Alpha and Beta testing comes along.

Edited by seventhbeacon

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I'm generally more concerned about the maturity level and intelligence of guild leadership and their most zealous jingoistic members who would follow them blindly like nationalists than I am about the notion of heaps of "bad guilds" when such accusations are so broad and scathing that anyone with half a brain could easily work out it's a player thread to see if he would get a negative reaction from various guilds who are doing mass recruiting, various guilds who think more highly of themselves than they should and the usually suspects on the forum who indulge in such nonsense ...

Given this is an obvious bait/player thread ... But, I digress ...

The fact I've been mailed "join our guild" spam a few times since I've signed up here, it's becoming rather clear to me a lot of guilds are all bark and no bite and time come for the crunch I am uncertain if they have the gonads to cope with major setbacks, or in turn actually care about their membership at all. Most tend to be the same little group of people in charge on all the time with everyone they invite signing up then disappearing and never showing up again until launch and then all of a sudden you realize that everyone you invited to join your guild via mass invite tend to be people who, to put it as politely as I can, unreliable or the leadership being incapable of leading people.

Not everyone can be a leader, so you should think a bit before you decide to create a guild and to the multi-game guilds, just letting anyone start a "division" in a new game simply because they felt like it, is to be fair a very bad idea, especially if they don't have the capacity to lead.

I'll just leave these links here for people to see the darker side of guild leadership when a guild is mismanaged.

https://soundcloud.com/asldkjfsdlkjfsf/brave-middle-management-meltdown

https://youtu.be/GK2d0Zv6g3o

(Warning, contains offensive language)

When you decide to join a guild, observe its leaders under a microscope and scrutinize them with absolute prudence. Because often most drama stems from them, even that which has to do with people who break their rules because bad leadership will boot people over misunderstandings and bad communication rather than try to approach it logically.

I can't agree more with everything there. (Ugh the guild section needs the Like Button back!) Even in the short amount of time since these forums opened, all of these patterns have come into play. Heck, even Lantern Watch hasn't been immune to some of them. Great observations, and the kind of thing that personally helps me to evaluate 'fault lines' as things progress. We've been pretty cutthroat removing those who sign up and then go completely silent for a month. The idea of building a guild with no game to play already comes with enough pitfalls, and the only point of having one is to build up the community, develop friendships (or acquaintanceships, depending on comfort level), and enjoy the ride of the development wait together until Alpha and Beta testing comes along.

holy poorly made socks i didnt read any of this

gtlLXYT.png

(Ugh the guild section needs the Like Button back!)

We'd have a like button if you weren't crying like a girl and circle jerking them out in your own guild thread.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)