Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Thinking] What Makes Us Like Mmo Open Pvp For Long Time

daedus

Hi, i'm french, sorry for the translate...

So about title, several factors are essential:

Also a pleasant universe for immersion : History, graphics, music etc ... Here we like it or not.

And satisfactory PvP mechanics: Spells, controls, stealth etc .... Imagine it's ok.

From a global perspective, the two most important are to me:

• The sense of belonging:

Interactivity with the game and especially social.

Several factions, diplomacy, alliances etc ... You identify, and maybe defend certain values. I'm not talking about roleplay, but something we can not control and that comes naturally with time spent on the game.

• Control of the game:

Territory wars: Nothing better for motivation to control a territory and defend. And more if it has a real interest and impact.

The best examples of games (That i know) which have well operated these facets are : DAoC and EVE Online.

DAoC for belonging to his faction, we love it and hate the others, usually ... 3 factions, which enhances interactivity. Control of castles that can last long enough. Relics taken to strengthen the faction links and create more social, alliances etc ...

EVE Online for his incomparable and unique control territory system, I insist ... Its economy influenced by players. The possibility of PvP in small or large committee viable in both cases. And One server!

These points have been raised many times over the years, but it does not hurt to remind ...

Edited by Daedus

LjtE0.jpg

DAoC for belonging to his faction, we love it and hate the others, usually ... 3 factions, which enhances interactivity. Control of castles that can last long enough. Relics taken to strengthen the faction links and create more social, alliances etc ...

EVE Online for his incomparable and unique control territory system, I insist ... Its economy influenced by players. The possibility of PvP in small or large committee viable in both cases. And One server!

I agree with you, the sense of belonging to a faction, a guild, an alliance or any other group is important to retain the player base. A good territorial control system is also something that can helps a lot to keep players interested in the game. 

I haven't played EVE nor DAoC so I can only imagine how the social and strategic features of those games are thrilling.  :)