Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bartle Test

viktor

I beg pardon if this is in the wrong place, but I was thinking that maybe, this tool, could be a great opportunity for the developers to learn more about us, about our expectation of the game.
An because this is the suggestion section, what better suggestion that our gamer psychological profile?

If everybody share his/her information, maybe, the developers could have some "extra data" to rely on when they need to evaluate some aspect of the game. If not, in any case then we will have a lot of fun in the process :)

This is a Bartle Test, created in 1999–2000 by Erwin Andreasen and Brandon Downey and is based on a 1996 paper by Richard Bartle. Is not a very accurate test because of the dichotomy of the questions, it should have more options, but I had a lot of fun doing it.

http://mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm (in deep explanation)

I dont know if is allowed to post an external link (if is incorrect please don't ban me, just delete the post), well here I go...

http://www.gamerdna.com/quizzes/bartle-test-of-gamer-psychology/take?cobrand=

And my result:

365550076.png?force=true

No stone unturned!

Pd: Right click on the image and copy url, or open in a new windows, then copy url.

Edited by Viktor

a great Topic...

but not for Suggestions, let me move it and then take the Test myself....it's been years since i did Bartle's...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

"Killers regard achievers as their natural prey. Achievers are good fighters (because they've learned the necessary skills against mobiles)"

That line is golden

Killer - 93% Socializer- 47% Achiever - 33% Explorer - 27%

• Killer Socializers often seek out PvP in a game, but they are looking to socialize with and form alliances and teams with other players who are interested in doing the same. KS tend to seek out guilds or clans that organize formal PvP events, or work on group strategies and tactics.
Edited by rajah

Well look at this!

My DNA  Killer

• Killer Explorers like to feel immersed in a virtual worlds and see themselves as a great villain or crusader within that world. They seek out challenges against other players, but they are going to find all the areas of that world. Trust an KE to know all the best ambush spots and sniper perches.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

lol...same as me Ellie...

it's the "Trust an KE to know all the best ambush spots and sniper perches."  line that i have to Quote for Truth...

FIQw0eP.png

lol...same as me Ellie...

it's the "Trust an KE to know all the best ambush spots and sniper perches."  line that i have to Quote for Truth...

Yep.  And sometimes  well   they are right out there in plain sight!  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Killer-100% Gimp-0%

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Test really needs to be updated in light of the recent trend towards PVP/ political MMOs. A lot of the original questions ask you to choose between friends and power, missing the nuance that in many games friends ARE power.

I came up ESKA, as usual, but am probably closer to EKSA.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Website was slow as molasses then it crashed and I had to start over. fuqit.

Yup, same.  I got to 24 out of 30 then it timed out.  Luckily it held my answers when I refreshed.

I got KEAS

73/53/47/33

I got 107% Explorer on that a couple days ago.  Did I break it?

Edit:

364551592.png?force=true

Edited by Arkamedeez

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

Bartle, like any personality tests, has one major flaw - it assumes that people could fit into neat categories with clearly-defined dimensions. It doesn't work this way.

For example, where do griefers fit? They are killers, but they are different from PvPers or even PKs. What about hoarders, where do they fit? They are achievers, but not of the same kind like crafters or traders. What about people that like to build? What about people that instead of playing the game do forumbane?

Thats why I explained in the Op that this kind of test has his limitation, if just for fun, you don't need to think to much about it.

Bartle, like any personality tests, has one major flaw - it assumes that people could fit into neat categories with clearly-defined dimensions. It doesn't work this way.

For example, where do griefers fit? They are killers, but they are different from PvPers or even PKs. What about hoarders, where do they fit? They are achievers, but not of the same kind like crafters or traders. What about people that like to build? What about people that instead of playing the game do forumbane?

yours came up with a pic from My Little Pony, didn't it?

:ph34r:

FIQw0eP.png