Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Phase 1 is Spring.  The Campaign map is hidden by fog of war.  You are dropped (typically naked) into an unknown, deadly environment.  This world is filled with the ruins of ancient castles, abandoned mines and haunted villages – which you have to explore to scavenge for weapons, tools and the resources to start building fortifications.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/1597-020215-hunger-week-its-about-time/

So when we spawn in a campaign there will be a fog of war,

Will the Fog of War fill up the battlefield again when no one is near by, Or will the battlefield stay discovered and give permanent view over the locations that have been discovered and you can see every enemy approaching from miles away.

Personally I would love to have it act like to Fog of war in AoE, Visibility till units/buildings are gone after that you can only see the shape of buildings that you discovered before the fog of war came again.

This would give players who would like to scout a lot more to do, Would be easier to set up ambush without being detected from miles away, Or you might suddenly run into a fortress that has been build there over night.

What do you guys think? Has there been anymore information about this that I haven't noticed yet?

Used the search function but didn't even find the post where the quote is from with it

Edited by Sephirothbe

...obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken. "***** ******"
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. "Alexander the Great"

I wanna scout the Caravan out of the map, it would be great to be able to mark in the map good spots to raid and make notes (archetype abilty locked) for everyone in the faction / guild to see.

That way a Scout would really feel like a Scout doing recon but if that was possible, there would be a lot of t-r-oll-ing aka retardation.

Edited by mazh

2whf87a.jpg

The quote is from the faq, as for anymore info being out there. Not yet, would be interesting if fog of war worked that way.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

The quote is from the faq, as for anymore info being out there. Not yet, would be interesting if fog of war worked that way.

The qoute is actualy from the first hunger week post not the faq placed the link under it

...obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken. "***** ******"
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. "Alexander the Great"

Used the search function but didn't even find the post where the quote is from with it

The qoute is actualy from the first hunger week post not the faq placed the link under it

FAQ:

9. What does a typical Campaign look like?

Here is an example of what a Campaign might look like:

Phase 1 is Spring. The Campaign map is hidden by fog of war. You are dropped (typically naked) into an unknown, deadly environment. This world is filled with the ruins of ancient castles, abandoned mines and haunted villages – which you have to explore to scavenge for weapons, tools and the resources to start building fortifications.

Phase 2 is Summer. The Hunger starts to infect the creatures. Resources become scarce. Your team claims an abandoned quarry and must fight to keep it. You use the stone to build an ancient keep, to use it as a staging area to attack your neighbors.

Phase 3 is Fall. The creatures become more deadly as the Hunger takes hold. Resources are heavily contested and transporting them is fraught with peril. Your guild frantically builds a wall around your city, as the nature of conflict shifts from smaller skirmishes to siege warfare.

Phase 4 is Winter. The environment is brutal. Warmth is hard to come by. Your kingdoms grows in strength; your neighbors falter and you demand that they swear fealty or face complete loss of the Campaign. Instead, a handful of smaller kingdoms choose to band together against you.

Phase 5 is Victory and Defeat. The World is destroyed in a cataclysmic event as the Campaign comes to an end. Your Kingdom emerges victorious, and you return to the Eternal Kingdoms to enjoy the spoils of war. Your adversaries head home, too -- to lick their wounds.

Yes, it was posted during the first hunger week, but why do you link it then ask where its from?

Edited by kiroelmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Yes, it was posted during the first hunger week, but why do you link it then ask where its from?

I meant with it that the search function doesn't even link that post when you look for it.

Not a Brit or American so my English might not be the best sorry for any confusion

"Campaign map is hidden by fog of war" could simply mean that the world is new and unknown and must be explored to be revealed. But an active fog of war could be possible too. I think many games, RTS and MMORPGs already do something like it where you can only see enemies on the map when they are close by. Working in the ability for scouts to see further or report enemy positions to friendlies would be great.

I wanna scout the Caravan out of the map, it would be great to be able to mark in the map good spots to raid and make notes (archetype abilty locked) for everyone in the faction / guild to see.

That way a Scout would really feel like a Scout doing recon but if that was possible, there would be a lot of t-r-oll-ing aka retardation.

That sounds like a great idea! The abilitiy to scriblle on the map would be extremely helpful especially if visible to others in our clan/guild.

i-BZccwLx.jpg

We are Hardcore Gamers but welcome Casuals  |  KoS Webpage  |  TeamSpeak3 server address kosteamspeak.com