Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
calamity

Maximum Guild Size?!?

Is there a maximum number of people that can be in a guild?!?! In other MMOs this number hasn't been restricted. (Generally speaking) Will it be restricted here? Sorry if this has been answered before I've been hunting for it but apparently my search skills are failing me.

I know it may not be a popular idea but I love the idea of capping guilds at 50 members or less.

I mean think about it: the fight to get into the top guilds would be brutal! (I'm actually an advocate of having tryouts before joining a guild) There could be leaderboards that had people ranked most kills, most resources banked, most items forged etc. Then you'd get to pick and choose how to build your guild. If you can get those people. Top people would be always sought after. Yes we would have lots of guild hopping but this is supposed to feel like game of thrones right?

On the opposite side there couple be guild stats most members in successful campaigns, most items for sale, most shop types available, most items transported by caravan, etc. you'd always have a line of people at the top guilds door. Player poaching would be a fun sport and you'd have to be super careful with guild secrets in case a member decided to turn.

Anyways sorry rambling just wondering.

Edited by calamity

Its not a popular idea because it's a bad idea. Player and guild restrictions are always a bad idea.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Its not a popular idea because it's a bad idea. Player and guild restrictions are always a bad idea.

Not a bad idea it's an unpopular one because it forces you to choose personality (friends) over stats. Look at it as another layer of PVP.

In general guild size and success is a function of member ability, leadership ability, and basic game mechanics. They tend to be pretty self-regulating based on those three things.

Granted, you do get the odd instance of like-minded forum folks such as the Goons, or things like Nekrage's vidiot zombie army. But as long as the game does not reward the zerg swarm, these massive piles of warm bodies tend to be easily countered with a little thinking and a handful of better players.

As to the leaderboard idea - I hope not. Rivalry should be in the moment of the campaign, and fame / infamy should be forged in combat and left to be discovered by the unwary.

I tend to play a very hardcore propaganda war in guild-based PvP, so I don't want to roll into a campaign for the next three months and have everyone look up Eternal's 'stats' on a web page. I want to roll in and have everyone know they either need to man up or be tilled under based on past experience, or have carefully crafted rumors and disinformation cause strife before the fog of war has even lifted. ;)

Limit to 100 players sure 50 players is to little, And i do hope there will be a limit, altho it won't matter all you'll do is inconvience some ppl,

Whats to stop 1 guild from making the same guild multiple times

*Invictus, InvictusI, InvictusII, InvictusIII, InvictusIV, and so on*

This has happend in alot of other games that limited it to X amount, Zerg guild will find a way to be zerg guilds I just hope there won't be to many zerg guilds or there will be no real point into going GvG worlds unless crowfall has a solution for this. (Friendly fire on every world so zerg guilds kill them selfs)

Edited by Sephirothbe

...obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken. "***** ******"
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. "Alexander the Great"

In general guild size and success is a function of member ability, leadership ability, and basic game mechanics. They tend to be pretty self-regulating based on those three things.

Granted, you do get the odd instance of like-minded forum folks such as the Goons, or things like Nekrage's vidiot zombie army. But as long as the game does not reward the zerg swarm, these massive piles of warm bodies tend to be easily countered with a little thinking and a handful of better players.

As to the leaderboard idea - I hope not. Rivalry should be in the moment of the campaign, and fame / infamy should be forged in combat and left to be discovered by the unwary.

I tend to play a very hardcore propaganda war in guild-based PvP, so I don't want to roll into a campaign for the next three months and have everyone look up Eternal's 'stats' on a web page. I want to roll in and have everyone know they either need to man up or be tilled under based on past experience, or have carefully crafted rumors and disinformation cause strife before the fog of war has even lifted. ;)

^^^^  This.  No leader boards.  The players make the game, not the stats.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

This isn't some MOBA or arena game. This a game where player actions and decisions will determine the outcome of the game. Any limiting of that is a bad idea including enforcing guild sizes.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Limit to 100 players sure 50 players is to little, And i do hope there will be a limit, altho it won't matter all you'll do is inconvience some ppl,

Whats to stop 1 guild from making the same guild multiple times

*Invictus, InvictusI, InvictusII, InvictusIII, InvictusIV, and so on*

Exactly. If we can coordinate guild operations across a half dozen separate games, organizing a few groups in the same game is a no-brainer.

Some of the proposed campaign rule-sets make it interesting for us, as a large guild, because apparently deity choice is character-based, not guild based. So when the God War thing comes online all of the various members will be fighting each other anyway. :)

I cryied a little, thank you sir

2whf87a.jpg

Okay let's get back to the chart.

• Guild size 50 there's no mmorpg out there cap size guild at 50 only failure ones.
  • Guild size 100 very bad.
  • Guild size 250 ok..
  • Guild size: 500 Very Good
  • Guild size 1000 Good.
  • Guild size 1500 Over powered a little bit.
  • Guild size 3000 Very over powerd and Nope don't do this.
  • Guild size 9001 Over 9000!  -This is just a dream.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

It's unpopular because it's a false solution.  I'd rather the game implement anti-zerg elements and force a large group to work for it, rather than constrain the size.  And here's the entire problem with this suggestion.

Player 1 - My guild is only my closest friends and we have 10 members, so we think guilds should be capped around 10.  That 50 person guild scares me.

Player B - My guild is our tournament league from the city and we have 50 members, so we think guilds should be capped around 50.  That 200 person guild scares me.

Player $ - My guild is 200 strong, so we think guilds should be capped around 200.  Goon Squad scares me.

If Crowfall can (and it wants to) cater to various guilds of various sizes to give them a means to function in the game with those other sized guilds, that's the sweet spot.  Any other restraints will be worked around.  That very organized 200 person guild can work around it, making multiple subguilds that all work together for the same end goal, and we're right back at square one.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Why not just allow for a vector system where there won't be any cap on guild members and the slots are as large as the member count? Wouldn't that solve everyone's issues? If those who want a cap are scared of large guilds.... they should probably just avoid them...