Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

03/11/15 - We're Halfway There!

Jtoddupdate.jpg

Wow, what a crazy two weeks!  

We started our Kickstarter on February 24th, which means that today is officially the mid-point of the Campaign. 2 more weeks to go!  

Needless to say, the response has been overwhelming. Thank you for being willing to support our company, and our vision!  

Now, let's talk about the next two weeks.  

First, we're going to keep dropping you information about the game, the team, and the ongoing development process. Expect more videos, concept art, game footage, interviews, forum posts, you name it! Second, we're going to fill in the last "big ticket items" of our game vision. We are reaching a point where the designs are less detailed, more like a vision statement of how each system will work, and where it fits into the whole.  

We'll be sharing vision statements for...  

- Artifacts and Relics. In addition to scavenged resources, Artifacts and Relics are items that you (or your team) can win in a Campaign, to take home to your Kingdom and offer up to the Gods to gain divine favor (time-limited guild and individual effects that persist across all Campaigns)

- Championship Campaign Tournaments. The Tournament system exists as a meta-game layer on top of the Campaigns. To qualify for the Tournament, guilds must be victorious in one or more Campaigns. These elimination tournament ladders will separate the effective guilds from the mediocre, and the great guilds from the good. Complete for the ultimate prize in each band of Worlds (the Dragon Throne, or the greatsword Grievance)

- Eternal Kingdoms and the economy game. Why do I want more parcels of land, and what can I do with them? What drives supply, and how can I maximize my player-run kingdom? How can I build a mercantile empire?  

We will be providing you all of this before the end of the Kickstarter (March 26th). We know that every vision document has the potential to alienate as many people as it excites... but, in keeping with our original statement, we realize that this game isn't for everyone and we hope your decided to come along on this journey with us to build Crowfall.  

As always, we thank you for your consideration, and we remain humbled by your support. More to come!  

Todd  

ACE

P.S: We've had a few questions from people eager to know what character customization looks like. While we're a little while away from delivering specifics here's an early concept of our direction right now, using a male Knight as an example! 

characterlineup_final.jpg

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

- Eternal Kingdoms and the economy game. Why do I want more parcels of land, and what can I do with them? What drives supply, and how can I maximize my player-run kingdom? How can I build a mercantile empire?  

This makes me so happy. Thanks for the update!

Did anyone else click back at all those weird video edits for spoilers Fight Club style?

When you say "Don't get naked" I feel as if you are talking about me specifically.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I like rewards to go with my risk, so the Artifacts, Relics, and Championship Campaign Tournaments have my interest.

The sample character customization looks cool. Glad to see you haven't (yet) gone nuts with elaborate oversized pauldrons!

IhhQKY6.gif

When you say "Don't get naked" I feel as if you are talking about me specifically.

They certainly have you in their every thought Sir Checkyotrack the lll.

In OTHER  news, The Vision Statements are being looked forward to by many.   

ACE has been great about keeping us up to date in their process and ensuring that we know what is, what isn't and what they don't know yet.

Honesty.    We all appreciate it.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Glad you guys like the update! This is just a sample of customization going forward. As we move further into production we will be nailing down alot of details and tweak the looks to perfection. It is but a mere taste to show you that you won't see the same knight running around everywhere. Glad everyone likes the initial designs! I am also trying my best to keep the armor realistic but also  interesting with a bit of flair to it. (no oversized pauldrons with 40 skulls and spikes all over it).. Thanks all!

Dave Greco

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct] [Personal Portfolio]

My favorite part of the Crowfall forums are the devposts. You guys are reading our posts, listening to us, engaging in discussion. That's really special.

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

Love it... 
On a second note Todd, what about some information for us "geeks" making fansites for this promising game... will there be some information soon? :)

I am aware it is not that important to most, but any details about what we will get to work with data-wise, would be awesome.

We can have one of the famous esports casters call the action during one of the tournament sieges :)

He can hide in the corner somewhere and hope no one kills him :)

Edited by oberon

It's great to see this company keep us so informed and make us feel involved by reading the forums, addressing questions, etc. We appreciate it, all of us not just the backers. It's a very rare thing for a company to treat their customers as more than just $$$. I look forward to reading about the vision statement and future developments!

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. http://crowfall.shivtr.com/

--------------------

MJswpS9.jpg