Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

03/11/15 - We're Halfway There!

The more character customization options we get the better. We don't need a nose-bridge or boop-slider... but a variety of selections for hair & face goes a long way to make us connected to our toons.

That aside: Scars and beards can easily be part of the face options. Just... variety!

i'll be happy when they Reveal Shade Warlocks...

:ph34r:

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I personally think the armor mock-up looks horrible.  Ditch the super hero cape and make the chest portion not so egg shaped.  I know you guys can do a better job on armor. 

The best looking picture is the one that says, no armor below it.

On a positive note,  The weapons look great!!

Edited by nakawe

Is it just me or do most of those guys look tubby?  I mean it's an alright look if we're talking about a tubby lord sitting around feasting all the time but for an active knight how about some armor that looks buff?? I've been to plenty of ren fests and seen full plate where the dudes looked buff and not tubby. Really hope this gets tweaked.

Oh and to the guy a few posts up saying he doesn't need a boop slider (assumed that's boob slider), I vehemently disagree!  :)

i-BZccwLx.jpg

We are Hardcore Gamers but welcome Casuals  |  KoS Webpage  |  TeamSpeak3 server address kosteamspeak.com

We'll be sharing vision statements for...  

- Eternal Kingdoms and the economy game. Why do I want more parcels of land, and what can I do with them? What drives supply, and how can I maximize my player-run kingdom? How can I build a mercantile empire?  

Todd  

ACE

Congratulations again, by the way, for a successful KS campaign, especially one that exceeded your expectations.  Now you can spend the next two weeks not panicking.

In regards to the above, way back in January, Mr. "Uncle Bob Will Destroy You In Risk Year After Year" Blair had this to say:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1214/feature/9325/Building-Upon-Star-Wars-Galaxies-Crafting.html

We haven't seen a lot of information on that yet, and I'm wondering if it ties in to EK at all?

If you're a crafter, you will need a place TO craft.  Is that in the EK?  Does that have anything to do with parcels of land?  I understand that the good items will not be in the EK, they will have to be found out there, in the wilds, but the crafter has to have a place to craft.  It's not like he's going to carry his tools around with him, and craft on the spot...or is he?  Does he have a place in the EK to craft and "sell" those goods?  Does he need a piece of land on which to have that area?  And if people decide that their EK will be open for sieges, will that mean that anything and everything that has been given to the crafter to craft items for people from all over, can be looted?  (Think of the repercussions.)

I ask simply because it was stated:  "Crafting is a central part of the player-driven Economy in Crowfall." and "Our goal is not to “force crafting on the masses."  Yet, we haven't heard a whole lot about crafting....so I've always wondered if it had anything to do with EK at all, and that's why we don't know, or if you forgot about crafting, or if you have something far more delicious up your sleeves that has yet to be revealed.

Edited by cheyenne wolfshadow

Congratulations again, by the way, for a successful KS campaign, especially one that exceeded your expectations.  Now you can spend the next two weeks not panicking.

In regards to the above, way back in January, Mr. "Uncle Bob Will Destroy You In Risk Year After Year" Blair had this to say:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1214/feature/9325/Building-Upon-Star-Wars-Galaxies-Crafting.html

We haven't seen a lot of information on that yet, and I'm wondering if it ties in to EK at all?

If you're a crafter, you will need a place TO craft.  Is that in the EK?  Does that have anything to do with parcels of land?  I understand that the good items will not be in the EK, they will have to be found out there, in the wilds, but the crafter has to have a place to craft.  It's not like he's going to carry his tools around with him, and craft on the spot...or is he?  Does he have a place in the EK to craft and "sell" those goods?  Does he need a piece of land on which to have that area?  And if people decide that their EK will be open for sieges, will that mean that anything and everything that has been given to the crafter to craft items for people from all over, can be looted?  (Think of the repercussions.)

I ask simply because it was stated:  "Crafting is a central part of the player-driven Economy in Crowfall." and "Our goal is not to “force crafting on the masses."  Yet, we haven't heard a whole lot about crafting....so I've always wondered if it had anything to do with EK at all, and that's why we don't know, or if you forgot about crafting, or if you have something far more delicious up your sleeves that has yet to be revealed.

All resources are obtained in campaigns. There are no resources in EK except what gets exported there from the campaigns. When the game begins, that will be zero, and I imagine the prices will be quite high until the supply begins to catch up to the demand.

You'll be better off, at least at the beginning, doing your crafting inside the campaigns. Gear is going to decay. Gear is going to get stolen or looted. Some rule sets don't even allow you to bring in gear. So there will be plenty of opportunities for crafters to earn their keep inside a campaign. And when the campaign ends, you'll be able to export a certain amount of the resources you stored in Embargo, depending on the rule set.

I have no idea what form the crafting will take, whether you can just do it wherever, or if you need a crafting station. My guess would be the latter, since that creates a point of conflict. You take out the enemy's base and crafting stations, they can't craft any more armor and weapons.

All resources are obtained in campaigns. There are no resources in EK except what gets exported there from the campaigns. When the game begins, that will be zero, and I imagine the prices will be quite high until the supply begins to catch up to the demand.

You'll be better off, at least at the beginning, doing your crafting inside the campaigns. Gear is going to decay. Gear is going to get stolen or looted. Some rule sets don't even allow you to bring in gear. So there will be plenty of opportunities for crafters to earn their keep inside a campaign. And when the campaign ends, you'll be able to export a certain amount of the resources you stored in Embargo, depending on the rule set.

I have no idea what form the crafting will take, whether you can just do it wherever, or if you need a crafting station. My guess would be the latter, since that creates a point of conflict. You take out the enemy's base and crafting stations, they can't craft any more armor and weapons.

As stated in my post, I know that resources are not gained in the EK.  What I was asking is will crafting itself take place in EK, or will crafters be carrying their tools around with them.  That link provides a lot of what Mr. Blair said about crafting, and how important it will be, but that they don't want to make everyone "have" to craft...which means certain players will. 

Will they craft inside the EK, with the goods brought in by others who ask them to craft things for them?  If so, will they need land parcels?  If so, and EK is open to siege, will the crafter's supplies be lootable, (including those brought in by others to have the crafter craft things for them).

Congratulations on the Kickstarter project going so well. I hope...I really hope that the momentum keeps going and that all barriers (in this case stretch goals) are easily surpassed. I really enjoyed watching all your videos and reading all forum commentary. I truly believe in this project and you have my support.

As stated in my post, I know that resources are not gained in the EK.  What I was asking is will crafting itself take place in EK, or will crafters be carrying their tools around with them.  That link provides a lot of what Mr. Blair said about crafting, and how important it will be, but that they don't want to make everyone "have" to craft...which means certain players will. 

Will they craft inside the EK, with the goods brought in by others who ask them to craft things for them?  If so, will they need land parcels?  If so, and EK is open to siege, will the crafter's supplies be lootable, (including those brought in by others to have the crafter craft things for them).

I heard there was a Twitch  Interview today with Blair and Gordon that said that that they are not currently considering any type of siege or city destroying in EK.  I didn't watch myself.  Maybe someone can verify.

EDIT:  https://youtu.be/mrdu8HF49oU

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

This thread is like flypaper for creepers.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Hmmm, if you want to avoid the MOBA impression, maybe you should focus more on the different suits of armor rather than one character with the labels rank1, rank2, etc on his different appearances.

Just saying.

Click here to join the Crowfall Discord chat community

Sekket on Mourning. Bhorov on Test Server. Youma the Pirate wherever TSP has sailed.